Why do so few people bother repairing MAXes at a terminal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crywalker, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Draxo

Then you need to shoot your moron MAX units that run off while engineers are trying to repair them.

Every time a MAX runs off the moment an engineer starts repairing them, that little ticker that makes that engineer say 'f-it' when they see a damaged max yelling for repairs gets closer to home.

Most engineers that don't repair maxes (I am not one of them, though I sometimes say f-it when they run away) are that way because of said problem.

Here is your checklist, MAX users.

STAY THE F STILL AND LET THEM REPAIR YOU.

DON'T USE THE ENGINEER AS A MEAT SHIELD WHILE THEY ARE REPAIRING YOU.

DON'T RUN INTO COMBAT WHILE BEING REPAIRED THINKING YOU HAVE AMAZING REGEN.

COVER THE ENGI SO THEY DON'T GET SHOT UP WHILE REPAIRING YOU.

IF YOU NEED AMMO, DON'T RUN AROUND THE BASE YELLING LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN. STAY IN ONE AREA TO GIVE THE ENGI TIME TO PUT DOWN AMMO.
    • Up x 2
  2. Divinorium

Comprehension. READ THE WHOLE THREAD THEN post again.
    Because you clearly don't know who is who and who talked what.
  3. Lyrencropt

This is so true. I would give my left testicle to be able to run while using the repair gun and/or have the gun actually stick on the max while I'm using it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lyrencropt

Your names are very similar. Doesn't change the point you quoted.
  5. Gisgo

You shouldnt expect people to change their class (and basically give up w/ever they are doing) because YOU need to be fixed.
    If im an engie i will fix you, if im LA and im going to kill that spawn beacon, im not gonna stop because "random max" needs to be repaired.
    Get an engie wingman before spawning a max.

On a side note, repairing maxes gets me killed more often than not, i will repair you if you show me you have a clue: find cover and dont run all around the room screaming "i think i broke it!!!", it confuses me, and theres a good chance im gonna pull up my pistol instead of my repair tool, then you would blame me for not switching to medic to rezz you :p.
  6. Iksniljiksul

Most players don't know how, just like a lot of MAX units think I can heal them when I am a medic. The rest don't play games for fun, they play for achievements and only care about maximizing experience gains.
  7. Pemtaphalon

If I'm playing engineer I'll repair and re-arm maxes, but if I'm a medic (which I normally am) I have to concern myself with the troops first, now if a max asked for someone to do it, which some have, then I do
  8. XParagonX

It boggles the mind, how some people post things like this.
    Why do so few people bother repairing MAXes at a terminal?
  9. Cookiepiledriver

Stupid thread, because Engis run around all day looking for their EXP batteries known as MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rown

Ok, to summarike the whole thread, this is what happens when you try to repair a MAX:

When you finish changing classes, you find out that the max unit is running around like a headless chicken. You proceed to chase him, Benny Hill music playing in your head, occasionally making running close enough to actually repair him.

He eventually notices that he's been repaired, so he stops and looks at you like if you had a monkey on top of your head, then starts walking around as if bored.

If you're by some miracle still alive, your gun overheats. He doesn't mind charging into action at half health, and does so. You sheepishly follow him, hoping that he'll stop near a corner or doorway that allows you to repair him while in cover. Of course, he doesn't.

At this point either you're dead because you're out of cover, or because after killing the max (who thought he was invincible because he was being repaired) they came after you.

Even if each repair tick rewarded 500 xp, it isn't worth the frustration.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

I spent 150+200+400+500 certs on self repair system for max to reduce the frustration of lazy engineers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kediec

I pull an AA max because it NEEDS it to help fend of the ESF / Libs that are all over MY EMPIRE, not because i think, "oh i know i'm going to solo ***** and hero charge "
    You obviously fail to comprehend that " TEAMPLAY " does NOT = MUST SQUAD . It is perfectly possible to be SOLO and still work with YOUR EMPIRE and help.

Right, so repairing something that is HELPING your EMPIRE is a waste of time, that makes a whole lot of sense .... *sighs*
    I guess i should stop repairing my own sides Maxs and Vehicles when defending, because it's obviously more worthwhile for me to be shooting bullets and dieing over and over than keeping friendlies alive ............

It is exactly that attitude of " not gonna help him. he's not in my squad " that kill games like this and destroy EMPIRE TEAMPLAY.

Please do tell that to all the tanks and Infantry i have covered and protected from AIR while they have been dealing with vehicles and enemy infantry. I'm sure they would be fascinated to learn that i was " worthless " just because i wasn't squaded with them at the time.

I'm done talking to you or replying, you fail to grasp the entire idea behind EMPIRE TEAMPLAY and seem to be more suitable to small map COD team deathmatch.

Enjoy working on your own when no-one outside your squad will help, i'm sure you'll manage to push that enemy empire force back all on your lonesome.
    • Up x 4
  13. Devrailis

Actually, the main gist of your post hit Divinorium's problem right on the head. I don't believe that Divinorium fully understands the irony here, but it is his aggressive squad-based tribalism, his "You are in my squad, or you are not" attitude that is far more likely to breakdown the cohesion of a faction, than any solo-player who tries his damned hardest to fight for his side.

Are there solo players that try to be heroes? Sure there are, and they'll try to clear out that control point, bailed out a pinned down squad, or suicide mine that AMS sundy. But they don't have to be in a MAX to do so, they can be any class doing anything that the situation warrants. And they'll be a heck of a lot more useful to the faction than a player like Divinorium who sniffs his nose in the air, says "Not in my squad" and then continues to derp his herp.

There is a useful lesson in this that we are trying to teach you here. There are 3 teams, there are ONLY 3 teams. We call them the New Conglomerate, the Terran Republic and the Vanu Sovereignty. Your outfit/squad/platoon/best buddy, they don't count. So man up, and play with YOUR team.
    • Up x 4
  14. TheArchetype

While I agree with your assessment of this wonderful new generation, I do think this problem is founded in how certs drive the actions of all players.
  15. Xuram

Haha it boggles my mind how so many people overreact. The thing I said. Even if you're standing next to a terminal applies. People don't care on the internet. They still have to find the terminal if you're standing next to it. Look at it. use it. Change to engineer. Repair you. Change back. And run off to whatever they're doing. Stop being so damn judgemental. People don't care about a random ******* standing at a terminal because they still have to walk up to that terminal and change/change back. My point wasn't the fact that they have to "search" for a terminal. It was that to a random person on the internet in order to help you standing there they have to walk up to that terminal "find" it. Use it. Heal you. Use it again. Then run off to whatever you're doing. Honestly in that situation you're better off just working with a friend. Find a squad. So you can be like. Hey. Can I get a heal? Instead of just complaining why random joe #1 didn't help you.
  16. fish998

He was talking about a situation where the MAX is stood next to a terminal. There is no excuse in that circumstance, and....it's free XP. Personally I always switch and repair MAXs.

Only reason I can think why people wouldn't do it, is maybe they think they'll be expected to follow the MAX and keep repairing it, or maybe it's people that literally just play one class and never consider the benefit of changing (like to medic to heal yourself).

More likely though, it's just selfishness. It's people saying "I don't care whether we win this fight, I just want to get kills to buff my KDR and XP".
    • Up x 1
  17. Xuram

Yeah. Thats what I'm talking about. A MAX standing next to a terminal. People don't care enough about a random guy on the internet enough to fix him. In a large battle people might not even be thinking about it because they're too focused on getting back outside to attack/defend. That's why I'm suggesting just getting a squad. It's a lot more reliable to ask a person you KNOW or at least have direct contact with then to spam a repair request hoping someone will give it to you. Relying on random people on the internet even when making it as convenient as you can for them just simply isn't something that's going to work out for you all the time.
  18. Devrailis

This is very true. I've seen a lot of players with missing health standing next to a terminal spamming for heals when they can simply switch to a medic and heal themselves in roughly 3 seconds. I would pin a lot of player behaviour, such as not repairing (engies) or reviving (medics) MAXes or not turning turrets into secondary ammo packs, down to players not knowing it is even an option. The turret to ammo pack function is a very common one that a lot of engies simply don't know about. I even ran into one engie who said he didn't want to gain exp from it because he thought it was a bug and that he didn't want to exploit it. That blame doesn't necessarily lie with the players however, but to the poor documentation and lack of proper in-game tutorial.
  19. zealluck

When I play as max I always do my best to help my fellow engineer brothers, like dancing at front of enemy spawn room and get shot so others can repair me for exp. Or I place myself carefully at where a Engineer can safely repair myself. Of course, always say thank you when people tried to fix me up.
    But I do shoot them in the face if they just ignore me when I'm screaming and jumping at front of them for half minute.
  20. shakkar

you are an idiot, nothing more and nothing less.
    i hope you will quit soon because no game need players like you.
    would you tell me your name and server you are playing on ... so that i can kill you on sight with my max??
    thats why i mostly equip the nanorepair on... i dont care about engeneers like you are...

god you should be teamkilled over and over again until you logg off..
    just as a matter of principle..