SMG-46 Armistice

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, Feb 9, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

This has got to be the single most difficult to use weapon in the entire game right now. It empties the mag in two seconds and then you die because the enemy strafed so you missed 90% of the shots and the bullets do only 112 damage each.

Needs an aimbot attachment IMO. Or how about homing bullets? Homing bullets would be nice too.
    • Up x 1
  2. Itermerel

each bullet does 125 damage actually
  3. sustainedfire

Its a close range weapon, and has to be played right. Try to position yourself so you can get the drop on the enemy.

If you want to see a difficult to use weapon, try the mini chain gun. Who would use that gun? It takes seconds to even start firing. Terrible weapon for infantry play.
    • Up x 1
  4. Varamis

It fires at 896 RPM, did you want it to reward you for missing? :p
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

Erm... stop missing?
  6. Ganelon

Draw your pistol when you run out.
  7. murdoch

Sorry OP can't disagree with you more. This gun is lethal in CQB with red bot and silencer. Yeah the clip is small but just dont go running into big groops of bad guys and you'll be ok.
  8. MykeMichail

When the enemy strafes left, move your mouse left. When the enemy strafes right, move your mouse right.

This 'the enemy strafed so I missed' excuse reminds me of back in the day when people still played with arrow keys and got destroyed by people who started using WASD+Mouse first.
    • Up x 2
  9. Prodigal

Sorry for having to say that, but this sounds like a l2p-situation for me.
  10. SharpLight

11. Duff_Chimp

Pity the man that can't even use an OP weapon effectively. If you are not aware of the current pattern when it comes to SC bought weapons is RELEASE > CRY > NERF > CRY > BUFF > BALANCE? Smgs whilst not accurate at ranges longer than 50m, are pretty darn effective up until then, you only need to land 3-4 headshots and bingo! Much like a less skilled faster firing pistol.
  12. Rusky

It's a lot like the GD7F imo. I don't like it for that exact reason, it's a beast if you have a fairly stationary target but if you miss you're suddenly reloading :p
  13. HerpTheDerp

If I get a drop on the enemy I can kill him with anything, including the knife. If you need to shoot someone in the back to win, chances are the weapon is garbage.

Cool story bro. Now let's analyze how this actually works in the game:

You and enemy see each other. You ADS and start shooting and strafing. He does the same.

Since he started strafing, he just moved out of your line of fire. So now you have to adjust your aim. So after about 0.5 seconds(reflex, lag, etc.) you're firing at him again.

Except this is about the time when he starts strafing the other way. So you overshoot him and after another 0.5 seconds you reacquire. Except that's when he switches the direction again and you just ran out.

So how many bullets did you manage to put in him in that time?
  14. MykeMichail

All of them.

This game has a very low strafe speed and very fast projectiles.

Its not Quake Live where people strafe as fast as they run.
  15. DEATHR0N

That is your problem, smgs are hip fire guns. They don't provide you any real benefit when you ads. If you are a compulsive adser like me, then you either have to break the habit or use a different gun.
  16. Doublefrost

Look at the name of the gun. Of course you run out of bullets in a hurry. No other way to get a Cease Fire accord in a game like PlanetSide 2!
  17. Rhumald

ADS actually gives the gun some viability at range, which means it's versatile.
  18. Zenanii

And every Vanu hater on these forums say magazine size doesn't matter >_>
  19. Drsexxytime

It's the only one that kind of resembles a SMG function, hosing bullets and a decent magazine. The VS one is good too. The Cyclone is poor in this regard, it's RoF is horrible, it's non-listed attributes are worse. Even almighty "lvlcap" basically says the same thing in his review.

Watch when the pump action shotguns come out this month though and the NC one is the worst, though it's "our thing" lol.
  20. Jezs

A weapon that requires skill to use? Remove it from the game