Planetside 2: Things that grind your gears

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SnakeTheFroski, Feb 8, 2013.

1. kill

You can't aim straight up / straight down.
    You can't look behind you when your're on the flash.
    Screen shaking in general (explosions, flinch, ROCKS).
    Sliding vehicles.
    Vehicles with no torque.
  2. Sharmanti

MANA turrets are basicly worthless. You can use them to cover a door/small area if you know the enemy is coming.

However... they could just take the tower away and make the shield bigger.. that's what everyone uses it for, the shield

And on topic.

1 That the armor looked better in the art than in the game. Probably so that they can sell it to us later on.
    2 The helmets... Worst design ever. TR helmets look like as if they're made of leather and vanu looks like they're a bad version of daft punk... >.>. NC looks ok though
    3 500 SC for a camo...
  3. Chemicalnurd

1. The crown
    2. The fact that the game is now 'Indarside'
    3. No metagame (I want the feeling of manning a base in preparation for an attack as opposed to just going wherever there's an enemy, among other things).
    4. The drop pod system is not at all what I was hoping for. I wanted to see massive groups dropping all at once like in the trailer as opposed to single troops occasionally because they can't be ***** to travel.
    5. Being farmed by air
    6. Fire and forget
    7. Tanks whining at eachother constantly
    8. The fact that the Magrider can't hill climb at all like it was supposed to be able to (seriously I'd be happy to drop loads of armour or damage output just for the mobility this thing's supposed to have)
    9. The Lightning is useless
    10. Skull masks. They just look so stupid that I've vowed to punish anyone with such bad taste that they spent 500sc on one of these things.
    11. Infiltrators are possibly the worst class for infiltrating;
    - Light assault is better for sneaking, due to jetpack.
    - Heavy assault has much more versatility, which is useful if you're infiltrating as you're often slightly ahead of the rest of your troops.
    - Medic can heal itself and has the nicest handling guns in the game, meaning you get much more survivability and a weapon that lets you drop people quickly and get easy headshots due to the high accuracy.
    - Engineer can replenish its ammo, which adds to survivability.
    - MAX is perhaps the only class worse than the infiltrator for sneaking.
    In short, you do a better job infiltrating if you choose a better class and just stick to the shadows. I snuck through a heavily populated AMP station as a medic pretty easily.
    12. People who do anything for an easy kill. There are 20 troops up the road who a tank could kill, though they may try to fight back. Killing them would benefit the team. Instead, they chase me 300 meters because I'm on my own, and they saw me sitting on a hill about 150 meters from their initial position.
    13. General lack of hillclimbing ability in vehicles.
  4. PeterLawford

When there are 10 Sunderers around, and the only way to figure out which one is deployed is to go visually inspect them all. Can't there be some sort of indication on the minimap? I mean, ideally there'd just be no interference radius and they'd all be deployed, but I've learned to moderate my expectations.
    • Up x 1
  5. Madmojo

People using AV on infantry. Defeats the point of an underbarrel grenade when everyone can be Heavy and get an accurate one shot weapon with 5 rounds of ammunition for free.
  6. Xale

1. Generally low TTK. Puts too great emphasis on chance rather than shooting skill.
    2. Bailures, and their suicider cousins.
    3. Vehicle Zoom sensitivity.
    4. Walls that are not nearly high enough. It should not be possible for LA to scale them (at least without serious upgrades)
    5. General lack of ability to defend most places in the game. Its no coincidence that the most popular areas of the game are the only ones where setting up a defense is even possible.
    6. Ability to drop pod down anywhere at any time. Particularly onto bases. I can somewhat tolerate the beacon, but the instant action drop pods are plain ********. This is made worse by point #1, since its simply impossible to counter every angle at every point, so a lot of the time you die to an enemy that you had no way knowing was there at all - due to attacking from an unnatural angle, at an unnatural time, from a place it plain and simply should not have been at.
    7. Collision damage bugs.
    8. Vehicle instant-death bugs. Particularly a problem for aircraft.
    9. Lack of activities to do in-between captures. PS1 CE was frequently deployed while waiting for hacks to go through, or when waiting for attackers to show up. Deploying the cap of everything could take several minutes - but provide a strong defense against being rushed.
    10. EMP Grenades not being for every class, and not blocking vehicle weapons.
    11. Poorly implemented mini-map. Missiles should be shown on radar for everyone, and it very badly needs a zoom mechanic. Its completely unreadable for those of us with higher resolution monitors.
    12. Air-to-Air missiles. Why exactly are we legalizing aimbots? A low-DPS aimbot is still an aimbot.
    13. Friendly idiots. People that can't toss grenades worth a damn, have absolutely no clue how to position themselves, and can't drive.
    14. Any other bugs that can get me killed. Its a ******* PITA trying to maintain my K/D ratio with some of the bugs in the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. ShadeOfChaos

1. Jumping ontop of a tank gets me killed (coupled with the fact, I wanted to stand ontop of my buddies tank and hitch a ride and shoot stuff from ontop, nuuuoooope, not gonna happen)

2. tank mines being able to be put on a still standing sunderer without it blowing up the engineer (it's a mine... it blows up when something goes ontop, not when placed next to something standing still...)

3. Infiltrators being giant blurs of obviousness
    3.1 Infiltrators can run while invisible, but not hack a terminal (Wot?)

4. Max is useless (Any MAX to my feeling, they die easily regardless of which I shoot at...)
    4.1 MAX Flak is a joke

5. Flash being a 1 person vehicle
  8. CrabJockey

I hate that I've battled for FPS since Beta then they brought out the big update recently and my FPS shot up!!! THEN THEY TOOK IT AWAY WITH THE HOTFIX. my fps is horrid again. Bad fps grinds my gears!
  9. ScarabParamit

Maybe Engi use it to mount repair tool back to his armour when he dont use it? ^^'

But realy...if you would thing and wach more cerfully there is a cassing opening with writings like on TR guns.
    I think our beloved repair tool was designed as a model of pistol...and then "transformed" into repair tool that looks like "silicon glue tool"
    Thats why it looks so strange and out of place...and maybe thats why we have rails on it.
  10. AUSGrizzly

This guy, If your TR, THANK YOU!!!
    You must be the ONLY PERSON that is NOT NC that gets that...
    OMG getting so tired of this Nerf NC Maxes...
    FFS ALL WE GET IS ******* SHOTGUNS!!!
  11. ShadeOfChaos

I wouldn't have known, ever - I run into anything, regardless of what weapon it is. But due to that I don't really complain cuz I'm a suicidal bugger :p
    But I'll say this as always - every MAX imo is weak - NC ones as well. This just explains why they're weak especially so at range. :p
    But yh - give them guys some weapons, having only shotguns in this game must feel like being taking the piss out of >_>
  12. Diplocaulus

Sociopathic behavior, especially by "friendlies." (Applies to all online gaming.)
    • Up x 1
  13. Gammit

Forumsiders
  14. Thpthpthp

Not being able to see your arms/hands while driving a flash in first person, "look mom, no hands!" all the way across the battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  15. Bill Hicks

screen shake:a stupid COD, saving private ryan trope that needs to die. Why do FPS keep adding ways that I cannot see straight>
    Nobody nobody likes to have their screen blurred, shaken, turned red, or cluttered with UI trash , or generation Y entitlement pats on the back for just playing the game.
  16. NulArc

The fact that in large fights I have the same fps on high and low settings. Seriously I don't know what it is but my alts on the other east coast servers are fine yet when I play on Mattherson my main, I get killed by invisible enemies and bullets that don't render.
  17. SnakeTheFroski

Second additional gripe: medics who think they are shock troopers and don't bother to heal. I blame this at least partially on the design decision to give engineers and light assaults carbines but the medic gets a full-size rifle (and all the accuracy/stability benefits that usually entails) which straight up encourages that kind of playstyle.

If you ask me (and nobody is, but I digress), carbines and assault rifles need to be amalgamated into a single category, "rifles", and usable by all classes, with minor balance tweaks to all of them to keep them competitive with one another. e.g. shorter rifles (carbines) would have generally faster aim time, better hip-fire accuracy, and faster weapon switch time, and full-size rifles would be more accurate when aimed, have lessened recoil, and higher velocity. All other stats (damage, rate of fire, magazine size) would be kept as-is.
  18. DeeDay66

[[TARC]Koldek using repair exploit in his reaver/mosquito i dunno which cos i never flew one, that grinds my gears!
    Hovering and blatantly repairing mid air cheating son of a .....!
  19. Morro

Griefers and TKers in large outfits that won't ever be banned or dealt because the outfit is "popular" in SOE's eyes.
  20. Nonsensei436

My biggest gripe with the game is people printing into a room full of enemies and just dropping as many mines or c4 or whatever as they can before dying. It is a cheap as hell tactic. I am also pretty unhappy with the way people drop mines on stationary vehicles. They arent grenades. They shouldnt be able to be used as if they were.