Time to end the engineer monopoly on vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ghodere

Cloaked Prowlers?

Ha. Ha ha. I would have fun.
  2. Olek

I've suggested this a few times in the past, having a pilot class and a crew class for vehicles, all with there own certs, though it has never been picked up in conversation.
  3. Draxo

Dunno about you, but I consider LA a valid alternative to Eng in air vehicles.
  4. VexTheRaven

Is there a reason why you think it's a problem that engineers are the masters of vehicles? It's kinda their thing... And it's the same way in a LOT of other games.
  5. Vortok

I don't see a major need to have a variety of infantry classes being used for vehicle play. Selecting Engineer is more of a formality than anything else since how you play depends on the vehicle and very little on the infantry class of the person inside the vehicle.
  6. Bill Hicks

It would end up being just being a cert sink.
  7. Bill Hicks

The ironic thing is that vehicles and their repair is not a engineering task in any army. engineers just figure out a way for ground forces to get around obstacles. Bridges and demolitions
  8. ESSELIGHT

This is a horrible idea OP.
  9. Cinnamon

If anything they should have made a pilot kit that only allows carbine and pistol but is the only one who can drive vehicles other than flash and sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  10. SinerAthin

I've been thinking about that, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Although it should be Carbine/Assault Rifle, Pistol & Grenade. Every class except MAX has a grenade available ;)
  11. Pemtaphalon

To be honest I like it as it is, my choice of infantry is medic, sometimes if i'm heading to a batle where I know my vanguard wont last long I wont bother switching to engineer, I'll just eject at critical, I'll let the ground engineers heal me up, I don't use engineer much other then driving, so I haven't certed him up at all, so if I get out of my tank and have to fight on the ground I'm at a big disadvantage, but that's the choice I made to focus on the medic and vanguard when it comes to certs
  12. drNovikov

Yeah! We need magic! Whenb LA gets into a tank, it should magically achieve turbo-boost. When a heave enters a tank, it should magically achieve shields.

Dafq?
  13. VexTheRaven

Hell no. The last thing need is another reason for "only tank" players and "only air" players to justify their nonsense.
  14. Cinnamon

So you just find it repulsive to have a kit in the game called pilot because it might encourage people to use vehicles if they select it?
  15. vulkkan

What if a squad of light assaults, heavies, medics, and a cloaker get into a sundie? Are you saying sunderers can fly, self repair, turn invisble, and as mobile artillery? Imagine it. This could be the new magrider!
  16. ShadeOfChaos

When I get into a sundy I don't use my engi, I use my heavy assault! Special ability? I step out the damn thing and unleash a rocket into the general direction of the tank that blocks my path >_>
  17. ScarabParamit

...no its not ...because its a teamplay, two players...not a lonley wolf single player who drive shoot and repair.
  18. ScarabParamit

AND IT SHOULDN'T? Teamplay is a teamplay, 2 vs. 1 is always stronger...what are you whining about here? -.-
    You want to everything to be a Rambo?
    We have this already, go switch to ESF and stop this idiocity.
  19. grazr

You don't have to have an engineer to heal, you can get the nano-repair cert chain or get a friend with a repair bus (although that is a little less of a solo tactic, but this is an mmo, no a sp game).

I actually find running a HA can be good for consilation ties in 1vs1 tank battles; as if you lose you can jump out then launch 1 or two rockets at the other tank and kill theirs as well. I found this out by accident when i forget to change class before purchasing a tank as soon as i enter the game. I wouldn't necasserily recommend it over an engineer but coupled with the nano-repair cert it could be viable.
  20. AlexR

So everyone will play medics instead of engineers?