Wish I could shoot directly DOWN, at my feet...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulu, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Dulu

Ever had anyone below you? Possibly during a Bio Lab fight for one of the control points, and you can't quite angle your mouse down far enough and it gets you killed?

Yeah?

Well, that's silly.

Stand up right now, pretend you are holding a rifle. Point your imaginary rifle at your feet. See how easy that is?

Ok, let's make it happen SOE.
    • Up x 6
  2. Thagyr

Course it's easy, but I'm not wearing body armor. That stuff looks rather inflexible.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dulu

Have you ever seen body armor? It really doesn't impede movement at all, except some models limit your waist movement slightly.

I can point a rifle at my feet using only my arms.
  4. Zitroxious

It can annoy me a lot as LA or defending walls
  5. kill

I've actually posted about this since early beta. It's very annoying that you can't aim in the full 360 degrees.

You can't up straight up and/or straight down. Those kinds of restrictions belong in console shooters, not in PC FPS games.
    • Up x 1
  6. Iksniljiksul

This kind of restriction doesn't belong anywhere. Something tells me that there is an error with the engine, and you will end up shooting yourself if you aim straight down.
  7. Raital

I just tried. I couldn't do it.

Mostly because I'm not allowed to bend my back, and I'm not allowed to let go of the weapon with either hand, if we're to make this true to the way the game works. Maintaining a perfectly straight posture and aiming straight down using both hands to hold the rifle in a way that's usable is impossible for me.

Attempting to do so RL results in me trying to jam my elbow through my hip.
  8. SilentSalvo

This seems the most plausible reason to me.
  9. Buntfunk

By now I tend to work around it it but it is annoying and needs a fix.
  10. Itermerel

this annoyed the hell out of me the first day i played this game, and i cant believe it still isnt fixed
  11. Nocturnal7x

This would be hilarious. So SOE.
  12. Dulu

You must be obese. It's not even a challenge for me, but then again I'm in good shape.
  13. Bill Hicks

i have worn flack armor with full gear, I was able to see my feet.....................now trying to find your johnson under all that gear, to pee behind a tree is whole different problem
    • Up x 1
  14. forkyar

code is not easy
  15. Bambolero

Doesn't have to be an error.
    If you are able to point to your char's hitbox you WILL shoot yourself, sounds logical to me.
    And yes I agree, it's probably why you can't aim straight down.

What about aiming straight up though.
    I don't think you can do that either and the hitbox is not in the way.
  16. Dice

The inability to aim down had it's place when you could stand on top of a Bio Dome spawn room and aim down at people walking out. Now that there is a pain barrier there I see no reason this can not be corrected.
  17. Ocfos

Private Johnson is right over there, Hicks.
  18. Total_Overkill

Inability to point straight down does prevent some nasty terrain abuse... so its probably a good thing we dont have it >.>
    (This coming from a Light Assault main)
  19. YoXn

Too bad, I am wearing LATEX. Vanu should be able to do it. Buff us!
  20. Riekopo

I just noticed this. I thought it was a bug from Game Update 2.