Dear SOE - Thanks for making travel music actually play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by water fowl, Feb 7, 2013.

1. water fowl

I actually rolled Vanu because I thought their music was the bestest, and now I get to actually hear it! Woo.
    • Up x 5
  2. AlexR

I was fighting for Alloys on Indar for about 3 hours today with internet radio playing in background and i feel okay. If you understand what i want to say.
  3. CommodoreFrank

I heard travel music one single time before GU2, and it was a pretty awesome surprise. I didn't even know it existed before. I'm glad it's finally playing frequently.
  4. BuzWeaverPS2

This may seem strange, but I really enjoy the background radio chatter when you're in a vehicle.
    • Up x 2
  5. Grotpar

Now make the main faction theme play on char select.
  6. Rodney Gates Audio Director

Great, glad you are hearing it more often!
    • Up x 4
  7. Skiptis

Background chatter is never wrong. In particular I remember the background chatter in Homeworld 2 where units would actually describe what they were doing, requesting / confirming permission and stuff was so amazing, really adds to immersion.
  8. Piepants

I'm liking it to, mostly because the NC travel music is actually pretty awesome and has a very 'Firefly' feel to it.
  9. Selerox

Same here, I didn't know what it was or why it had triggered, and it only ever happened once. But it sounded awesome :)

I love the Vanu music (one of the reasons I picked them), so it's great to hear it more often.
  10. SturmovikDrakon

11. water fowl

Glad this thread got to you! I couldn't find an audio forum o_O

Will there ever be more music? I don't think many people would be opposed to cinematic battle music once in a while, besides when the region is almost captured. It's a shame we only hear it then, because then it's usually like.. 4 seconds before the base caps, and then the music stops :p I've never heard more than 20 seconds of battle music at a time
  12. NikkoJT

I've been spending a lot of time out on my own on Indar recently checking out the scenery, so I'm especially appreciative of the music - it really adds to the atmosphere. I do wish it played for longer each time, though.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nocturnal7x

NC music is epic. I love it. I want more.
  14. Zapon

This is one thing That I really enjoy about that update- and it helps the immersion ten fold

Heading the music play as i took a galaxy above the amerish mountains- .....almsot made my mind go LOTR mode in terms of immersion for a second...

This was a very good idea on SOE's part