I'm no longer playing the game. It's getting worse, not better

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innociv, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt556

Combining both lock-ons into a single launcher was a bad thing, and that is fact. Forcing HA to choose whether they were AV or AA balanced them. Letting them be the counter to literally everything is unfair. People saw that coming, they didn't have to wait for it to happen. Some people can just see how things will go wrong, if you're not one of them that's ok. But just because you're incapable of seeing how it can go wrong doesn't mean it'll work.

Mind explaining to me what purpose vehicles serve if infantry can counter them all? If infantry can do literally everything, they can capture bases, they can hard counter all vehicles, they can do everything. What's the point of even having vehicles? Some people, you included, can't seem to grasp that infantry aren't suppose to do well against vehicles.
  2. Jurav

I agree that the Annihilator is really a dumb idea. I have heard so many people who were using it say that it really is OP. I am hoping this gets corrected.

I do not agree with the complaint about the sunderer AA buff. Sunderers still die to air pretty quick, especially since most sunderer drivers usually have Mineguard equipped instead of extra armor. Sunderers have to have some kind of defense against air, and AA Maxxes are not enough since they are on timers.

I think ESF's got the short end of the stick with the health nerf, and Libs still seem to be a bit too tough for ESF's to be able to take down. I think if they remove the Annihilator or at least nerf the damge somehow, and boost the ESF's health a bit, we would be golden.
  3. MarkAntony

Stop stating opinion as fact. Predictions are often wrong. Just because you think it won't work doesn't mean it won't.
    • Up x 1
  4. innociv

But I've been right...

Not to boast, or whatever. =/ Some people are really good at analyzing and predicting things... And I'm getting kind of sick over doing so and having them happen, since the predictions are always bad ones.

And well, maybe SoE shouldn't listen to me, sure. I'm just some guy posting on these forums, right? Lots of people do that. Can't listen to them all, as they contradict each other.
    But, you'd think that someone had SoE could look at something and go "whao whao whao hey, we're adding this to the live game? That's not going to work. Short term, it might be okay, but long term it's going to do this and this. Then we'll have to do this and this, and still that might not fix it. We need to just not add this, and think of something else."
    It pains me that that guy either doesn't exist there, or he's being overruled by the people in charge of the $$$shop.

The annihilator isn't nearly as bad as tanks, but on Jaeger on half of Indar air is basically removed from the game. Yet, that doesn't change air-to-ground from being overpowered, they still often decimate on the other lower populated half that can't get a good AA density. So we have both of these problems existing at the same time, sometimes both on the same server, or in other cases one on one server and another on another, instead of just having fixed air-to-ground to begin with and it being better in all cases.
  5. Colt556

I don't know, I've seen a lot of predictions since early beta and they were almost always accurate. Besides, I agree with this prediction. Giving the sundy AA capabilities is obviously broken. People do not realize it, but the sunderer is the single most powerful ground vehicle. It can kill literally everything. Making it counter it's counter is obviously a bad move. Air is the one way to deal with sunderers, because sundies are too durable for HA's to take out reliably and sundies can kill tanks easily.
  6. DukeFlash

From a balance perspective, I'd agree that I didn't want G30 Walker and G40-F Ranger added to the Sunderer.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's being done to generate income so I think we need to respect that. At least I do.
    Maybe the Sunderer will need a unique version with adjusted stats to keep it balanced.
  7. MarkAntony

So we have people claiming the HA is OP with the annihilator and destroys every vehicle in a 500m radius but at the same time the only counter to sundies is with Air because HAs can't kill them???
  8. Dregan

I am sorry OP but you come across as a guy that is ******** that he got shot out of the sky.

You make sweeping declarations about "the purpose" of certain vehicles and their respective hard-points. The top mount of MBTs should not be AA because that is not the purpose of the tank. With that logic ESFs should not have access to rocketpods and anti-infantry main guns. The top mount of the MBTs are multi-purpose hard points that can used with a wide range of options and philosophies. You can use it to strengthen its chosen role, give it some flexibility or to patch some if its defensive shortcomings. While the different options may not be perfectly balanced saying that the option itself should not even be there is rather limiting and... well... boring.

Saying that the G30 walker should not be an option because the skyguard is worse is also bad logic. If the skyguard is so bad that a secondary gun on other vehicles are better then the problem does not lie at the secondary gun (unless it is overpowered).

All this also counts for the sunderer. Having an APC with an AA gun strapped to the top just seems sensible to me. It would expand the modular image of the sunderer where you choose what role you want it to fill. It is always a troop transport (a thing I would not mind if they made into an option) but beyond that it can become an anti-infantry platform, an artillery piece, a respawn point, a vehicle repair station, an ammo supply station, and assault vehicle and now it will also become an anti-air platform. All in all this just fells like a natural development.

After all this however I think it is time to look at air and give them some love. Maybe not new weapons (what would you want anyway) but maybe some more utility and options could be nice.

Personally I think the game goes from strength to strength with every patch and I must admit I eagerly await each one at this point.
    • Up x 1
  9. mina5

another attention seeker ......
    • Up x 1
  10. Lovable

ok so u wanna quit just because u suck ? good, get the f out please
  11. LoveJuices

Right how silly of us. Sundie counters everything but HA. HA counters everything else but more HA. Sundie spawns HA to counter HA.

Planetside 2: Combined Arms, Ladies and Gents.
  12. MarkAntony

Not what I was saying at all but alright.
  13. Jeralamo

wait...better framerates?!?!! my framerate has only got down since launch...I cant fly my scythe anymore...
    (yeah i need a new processor, but should i have to get one when I above the minimum requirements?)
  14. omgwtfgg

I was just thinking to myself, WOW! ANOTHER PATCH! introducing balances and such.

And THEY ACTUALLY ADRESSSED THE LOCK ON ISSUE.....

innov and your mad? you don't see the positive in this?
  15. LoveJuices

...so it wasn't. Sorry. I am tired and grumpy and forumside 2 is wearing me out. I'm going to bed, wake me when this patch breaks something else.
  16. innociv

Man.. Can you not see my signature?

I play every vehicle, every class. I'm not bias. I just want the game to be good.

People post something to the effect of what you just posted every time I say something, and it's making a fool of themselves. =/
    See the above.

1 second increased lock on time doesn't address anything. Or did I miss something?
    They addressed the issue, you're right, but it fixes nothing.
  17. Sebyos

Couldn't have said better.

Anyone else hating free 2 play games ? Judging on results, f2p often ends up being a mess that makes more profits to the editor trough questionable micro transactions practices and often ignoring the quality that would otherwise be required in paid games in other to keep it's customers.

In other words while we used to be able to make our money talk to make the quality go up by buying or not or subscribing or not, the editors have now figured out that they can make money with poor quality and greedy practices with micro transactions even if we don't really like the way the game is going.
  18. Flix

Sorry butdid you ever used the walker? it takes some time to kill something with it. On a tank that meerly drives fighters away but it will never kill them. It is what the flakturrets and skyguards used to be. A deterent. I dont see why a sundere shouldnt have something against air becasue with it his grounddefence goes down. You cant defend it against tanks or infantery with the walker.
  19. Maruun

You are right but i can critisise them for having AA-Weaponry in the 700SC area that is essential to have somekind of AA around.

In the beginning of the game the only free AA was the One-Arm-Max and the AA-Turrets. Thats it, every other form of AA was 1000certs or 700SC not the best playground to have a balanced gameplay. And we all know how first weeks looked like, beside the AA-Weaponry was underperforming on that time.
    But wouldnt had been so worse when you could have gotten quick access to those things.

I suspect SOE too, to bring imbalance in this game on purpose to make quick bucks from those that hop on it.
    Like the Annihilator. Best example.
    First buffing the Annihilator to a ridiculuslevel, and putting it on sale.
    Wait 2 Weeks and bring it back in line, but in the same time bring a new AA-Weapon in, or make it available for other.

They ride on the waves of the imbalance they do and making money out of it. Esports on that fundamental bad behavior? Dont make me laugh.
    • Up x 1
  20. allattar

Personally I think the annhialator should be guided. As in maintain visual lock as its downside to lock everything.

Sundies have the most health and great survivability. Adding aa to it might make them monstrous. I would prefer the sunderer to not have aa so it relies on other aa as teamwork.

Nithing like 5 burster maxes jumping out to say hi.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.