Confirmed Myth

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by toxs, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Lakora

Easiest way to kill a max is to spend the same amount on resources on an explosive... Wait what?

Max: 100 Inf Resources.
    C4: 100 inf Resources.

So that's why they're so expensive they're only meant to be used against maxes, great job SoE!

Anyway enough of my little revelation... I do find it quite hilarious that people complain about NC max's more than either VS or NC complaining about TR max for instance. Anyway most people rushing NC max's or playing as VS/TR maxes usually don't even seem to possess half a brain in terms of strategy... When ever I see a TR max or VS max, I take a look at where the friendly infantry is going. -.- Normally straight into their kill zone, but to the point at that time I just go around flank them and usually I get both the Engi and Max (LA)

So in a Max v Max fight? Well fine let your friendly engi stay close to your max while a few HA flank around and put rockets into it's back instead of running at it straight forward. Most buildings in a biolab do have multiple entrances now getting there is a different story about infantry being OP.
  2. An Hero

I wish the devs could nerf stupidity.
  3. toxs

LMAO an hero. do you get medals for touching yourself while watching japanese cartoons?
  4. Jurav

I dunno, I guess I dont play an NC MAX enough to get a good grasp on this, but I do know that I die to TR and VS MAXXES in closed rooms in one or two hits.
  5. Mishkel

Hacksaws being powerful has never been claimed to be a Myth (as far as I know). One would imagine auto shotguns on an armored mobile battleframe would be pretty nasty close range.

All MAX units are a pain in the backside to deal with in a control point room if you don't have the numbers and tactics to overcome the obstacle. See "numbers and tactics" is the thing... because the half of your group that decides to charge the MAX with a pistol is not helping the rest.

In large battles at biolabs the rendering issue is so bad that its a toss up. Will you run into a MAX or will the MAX run into rockets, mines, grenades etc If I attack a target and can't take it due to one MAX.. then I figure we were not going to win anyway.

Oh and yes I still get irritated when I die to a MAX simply because right after I can hear "need repairs!" and I know... I could have won if I was smarter about it.
  6. toxs

lol that was mean sorry
  7. SenEvason

I usually try to jetpack above them and keep getting behind them.
  8. omgwtfgg

Good post OP- I have a BR54 TR , and 2 BR 20 VS and NC.

Good players use explosives, and NC maxes are more vulnerable to HA rockets then the other races.
    I got on my NC and expected to go 20-1 with my NC max instead only went 8-1 ... usually 5-1 ratio with NC max. This is because of "Smart" players.

NC max isn't OP. It's just good at what its supposed to do, its not unbeatable.

On a side note, I keep running into problems with my TR max and VS max, where bullets will not hit if there to close....something wierd like that, idk.
  9. Marked4Death

If you're at all serious OP it's because you can run up to a TR or VS max using a heavy, 100shot LMG and a certed shield and 1v1 it. People probably think they can do that to the NC max.
  10. Nonsensei436

IF a MAX is being repaired, which is often the case, then trying to blow it up with explosives isnt going to work. I haven't spent a lot of time certing out my max but I am fairly sure that they enjoy access to flak armor like all the other infantry classes. When it comes right down to it, the best way to engage any max is at long range with battle rifles and just peck it to death.

Of course the opportunity to actually do that comes once in a blue moon because no MAX is going to be caught out in the open under any circumstances if they can help it. The MAX is very much a CQC machine with an option to shoot at planes from rooftops. All MAX variants excel at killing infantry at close range, but the scat MAX has an obvious leg up in that category.

At least once every day I have an encounter with a scat max in which it kills me in under one second. I will turn a corner and go from full health and shields with overshield up to dead. No other MAX has that sort of stopping power. Not even close. If you are in an environment like a biolab prepare to die instantly to a scat MAX.

TL:DR: All MAX units suck at long range. Thats why they dont fight outside. Among the MAX units, the NC MAX has an overwhelming advantage in pure killing ability at close range, which is the only time you can expect to really see a MAX. The NC MAX is just plain better. Period. Enormous killing advantage, no disadvantages.
  11. DramaticExit

This cracked me up.
  12. PaladinZERO

This whine again. Outside the biolab put a falcon on one arm and kill infantry at medium ranges. It works just as well as a noobcannons on the arms.
  13. Haterade

The "don't play fight the NC MAX on it's own turf" is a sweet sounding idea, but the skillmax is really OP in one area: Bio Lab defense. Why is this? Because they force you to play their game. A "good" (or at the very least smart) skillmax will camp the shield generator or teleport rooms from an angle which protects them from explosives. The only thing you can do is play to their strengths because they are defending. Skillmaxes are a little more balanced when they're assaulting a Bio Lab, but just barely. A skillmax who doesn't overextend himself shouldn't die much if at all.

There is no other MAX that dominates everything at a main facility like a skillmax does at Bio Labs. That, by definition, is unbalanced.

I don't think that passive explosives (i.e. C4 or mines) is a legitimate answer to the skillmax because they're one-offs. It takes a bunch of resources to kill that MAX, who then can be revived from behind cover, and then sprint away to get healed. Meanwhile, you'll have to run back to a resupply point to become effective again. I can't tell you how many times I've seen skillmaxes taken out by explosives or focus fire only to get revived and then go on another 20 kill streak.
  14. Dkamanus

Its called Tactics. YOU don't try to close your enemies in places you KNOW they need to come through? Why are people still complaining about the NC MAX? As a NC LA, when there's an enemy MAX on a door, I simply fly over the door, throw the C4 with my forward momentum while steering the my jetpack, and once it lands, KBOM! Dead MAX. This is WAY much more a biolab design problem then the NC MAX problem.

Right, because I don't have to compensate for anything, since my AV weapon goes at the speed of light to the location, right? Nor do I need to headshot the infantry, since the AV weapon damage deals 750 damage on direct hit, right? Neither do I have to compensate for the travel time and direction it goes to the left and right, right?

People complain for complaining. Actually bringing evidence they don't.
  15. Hamakua

There are no other solutions to SkillMAX suits.
  16. PaladinZERO

The only time I can take down a hacksaw max with dual mercies is when the other max has used it's charge. With charge available, it will either charge towards me and kill me in a nanosecond, or charge away behind cover.
  17. omgwtfgg

The only time I can take down a hacksaw max with dual mercies is when the other max has used it's charge. With charge available, it will either charge towards me and kill me in a nanosecond, or charge away behind cover.

well, duh?
  18. Tar

Mayhaps the problem is in NC being the only empire that has said "armored robot holding 2 large automatic weapon systems".
    How exactly is that balanced?
  19. omgwtfgg

So can you
  20. omgwtfgg

The NC max has weakness's.... MY main is a TR , but i have a BR 20 NC.. and when i max , i know why there shouldn't be a cry for OPness nerf*