Waterson TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Azsune, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Azsune

Anyone else planning on transferring as soon as they add it to get away from odam. Getting tired of the tking for spawn certs and randomly blowing up your vehicles. I really wish soe would step it up and get rid of the people who keep intentionally tking over and over.
  2. ({x})Kyoji

Have you not noticed they went from a small outfit to a DVS sized outfit? Accepting anyone and everyone will do that to ya. Seems like ODAM realized PS2 is all about numbers.

Organizing a lot of people into a single outfit or two really helps faction coordination. The VS are all split into multiple smaller outfits, but the alliance serves a similar purpose - getting numbers to an area.
  3. FireKetchup

It would honestly help everyone if some TR transferred off Waterson. It isn't fun for anyone when a single faction consistently has 50% world pop.
  4. Spartan 117

I noticed this as well. Its like they came out of nowhere overnight. 3/4 of the TR I kill these days are ODAM. Up until recently I had never even heard of them. I assume they have a pretty lax recruiting policy as most of the time they are low BR players. Nice to finally see TR getting some organized outfits, not that its necessary with 50% of world pop however.

My issue with Waterson TR is I am seeing more & more low BR TR players everyday. Its like "Yeah I am aware TR have 50% pop on Waterson & rolled it anyway." Why?
  5. Richardsonnn

I've never had an issue with ODAM members and TKing? Are sure you're not doing something really stupid to deserve the ire of your fellow TR?

And really. Who fights over spawn experience? I can get more experience by rolling my face on my keyboard compared to the pitiful excuse for 'support experience points.'
  6. Sinist

My experience with ODAM has been pretty much the same.

There was a guy who I TK'ed in ODAM who was blowing up friendly sunderer's to place his own. This went on for awhile like a few days it was an occuring pattern of him blowing up Sunderer's.

There was a dumb engineer who would not drop ammo and was laughing about it during a crucial fight with a dozen other TR spamming need ammo! I shot him with my burster max not even trying to kill him, and ODAM then kept Tking me throughout the entire fight. I started C4'ing them in large groups and they got PISSED that it started a big TK war.

They woud rage on proximity chat and it was no surprise that they were teenagers.

So yes ODAM need's to clean up its act. To be fair 80% of the time I don't see them causing trouble. With any large outfit and on any given day I guess there is going to be someone in a griefing mood who is pissing someone else off.

We have 10X more good outfits that cancels out any bad ODAM brings to the TR. Imperial Reach, EGO, IDDI, ARC are all good mature outfits that anyone should feel proud to join.
  7. Total_Overkill

I'll confirm what Sinist said, as i have personally witnessed such things AS AN ENEMY.
    Which does make my life easier from time to time >.>
  8. Eclipson

I plan on staying on Waterson because I like the Edge-game outfit, but I do hate ODAM. Had a vehicle parked at the crown and the TK'd it. I also saw a large group of like 60 of them cert farming at a bio lab. They had a line of turrets set up by engineers, and then the engineers behind them, and then a group of medics. The medics would damage the turrets, and some others would kill the engineers. The medics would heal the engineers, and the engineers would repair their turrets. It seems every where I go there is a large group of ODAM doing something stupid.
  9. DukeFlash

As for the whole ODAM / teamkilling issue, ODAM is a large outfit so maybe it's recent additions that are tk'ers instead of it being an outfit thing (no I'm not an ODAM member).

As for the 'wanting to transfer', I've been wanting to transfer off Waterson for a long time but mostly because of TotalBiscuit's zerglings, who maybe are now joining ODAM (idk).

Edit: I still think server mergers are necessary and would be wary of paying to transfer before they do merges...
  10. Dkamanus

Well, no wonder then we, one time, defeated a whole platoon defending an Amp station in Esamir barely using 16 people. And I though they were gonna be a good outfit.