Faction balance is perfect at the moment.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kapernum, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Lucidius134

THat's just the lazy person's way out. GOTTA GET THE PRODUCT OUT QUICK LETS IGNORE BALANCE AND MAKE EVERYTHING THE SAME. It also doesn't apply in PS2 for vehicles. Look at how it was when the MBT's all had the same armor (sept Vanguad), same damages, same velocities, etc.
  2. Lagavulin

Va.nu.
  3. Lucidius134

That's not perfect balance, that's just symmetrical balance.

Rock Paper Scissors is balanced AND asymmetrical.

That's a silly argument.
  4. BuzWeaverPS2

Actually, balance would entail "All" weapons, vehicles, ordinances and infantry doing the same exact damage. This of course would be unrealistic even in a fantasy game although some of the original FPS's (Unreal, Quake, Doom, Half-Life) had certain weapons that "anyone" could use that would be more powerful than another.

Naturally, even if you had this "balance" some players will simply out preform others, at that point you'll be hearing the cries of "hacks".
  5. Slyguy65

NC do not suck...they kill faster than TR since TR have to hit every shot just to equal the TTK of NC and VS...

Stop using the ignorant "OMG TR HAS HIGH ROF THEY AUTO WIN" crap.as an excuse.
  6. PS2Freak

dont know, my experience shows that my fully certed HA Lmg Saw , lose on CQC and medium, beeing to slow to counter. The target moves and dont hold still. in this type of combat Rof is big advantage, as i get more hits in same short ammount of time. and i dont have other competitive lmgs that can do the work.. maybe only em6 comes near. but not really.
  7. Haba

Apparently, as long as there is a single Vanu player, the game won't be balanced.

But we're getting there!
    • Up x 1
  8. ScarabParamit

True...thats need as much skill and foresight od developers as class and immagination of players...things FPS players are not heard of ^^'
    RTS players on other hand are little more calm and try do develop ne tactics/builds...like in chess so SC2 is little different.
    Yet at some point we will find something that satisfy MOST...or people will just get used to it...those who plau underpowered race will become better players overall as a "consolation prize"...and being a better (skill...not stats) player overall is whats most important for me...even more important than fun in half of occasions.

Thing that hurt me most its PATHETIC design of units...geez...NC "serial boxes and cardboard" its tragic, even more when you look on 'their' realy good concept arts. How devs could **** up so badly in such SIMPLE thing like modeling and texturing? -.-
  9. ScarabParamit

EM6 is realy good...but on medium range, EM1 is for close range...but all LMG's are just bad...maybe exept Vanu's certain models (no need to point my finger)
    I certed in default "long range" "oh NC so op Gauss Saw" ...and this things recoil still kicks like a train...so for long range you cant even put 2 shoots without slow semi-auto tapping, this gun is almost uslessssssssssssssss.
    And if you want god CQC gun....unfortunetly by way this game is balanced...you need to buy Shotgun or SMG... -.-
  10. MASTER CHEF

Balance in a multiplayer game? lolno.

Also, NC armor is filthy, in a good way. Better then FABULOUS STUD FASHION.
  11. Clutchstep

FYI, in most cases, TR weapons have a lower TTK than the equivalent NC or VS weapon. It's a pretty small difference in most cases (10s of milliseconds) but technically TR has TTKs overall. Not sure what you mean about having to hit every shot though, anyone who misses is going to have a bigger TTK than someone who doesn't, regardless of faction.
  12. MurderBunneh

This works as long as the factions are all good at all ranges. This having NC HA be **** at CQB is stupid.
  13. MurderBunneh

The place they can start is tightening up the dps across all guns. Having all NC lmg be the worst dps and highest ttk guns in class is wrong. Why do they have to give up everything but standing ads FIRST SHOT accuracy in exchange for killing with 1 less bullet? Up the rof till the dps are the same at the very least.
  14. Izriul

If the stats show that the K/D rate across the empires is pretty even then it's pretty balanced, doesn't really matter if one vehicle is UP and something else is OP, considering everyone yells combined arms, the overall data is what matters at the end of the day, the only problem is it screws over those who like a certain play style.
  15. GraphicJ

The NC hack-max is annoying as hell but other than that I'm pretty happy.

I'm looking at you Reaver M30 Air Hammer.. o_O

16. CommodoreFrank

Instead of whining about our MAX, how about you make suggestions to improve your MAX? Nerfing is rarely the only solution.
  17. PS2Freak

i indeed bought me shotgun yesterday, now at least i always take one "enemy" with me into death:). long range loadout is indeed Saw for my case (still not very effective, same experiences as you have. it feels very useless.). Em6 indeed is ok (not really great) in midrange. But CQC -> medium Lmg - there is no good/versatile one.. Smg have again Slow ROF. as i tested Smg it feels weak. no real need for another mediocre nc low rof weapon. we have a lot from those.

"This works as long as the factions are all good at all ranges. This having NC HA be **** at CQB is stupid."

+1

" Up the rof till the dps are the same at the very least."

+1 big YES
  18. MurderBunneh

You will notice that TR and VS maxes are used more often then NC maxes overall. Ours just stand out in bio labs.
    • Up x 1
  19. AuntLou42

They need a system where each faction has an equal amount of hackers.
  20. Inq

See this is the problem you come accross when you give factions totally unique weapons. Its near impossible to balance this game because of a thing called "perceived imbalance"

The facts are that the Hack/Scatt Max is unbeatable within a 0-10m range;
    beyond 10m a TR MAX will kill an NC MAX everytime.

That is the core of a "Strength and Weakness system" which the Dev's intended. In a Strength and Weakness system there can be no "perfect perceived balance"

To even come close to balance something like that you would have to give NC a ranged AI weapon with similar to TR/VS AI weapon stats and give TR and VS a short ranged AI with very high burst damage to mirror the Hacksaw/Scatt Cannon.

All this comes back down to is if you want "perfect perceived balance" where no one can whine about anything; you need to make all faction weapons have at least the same stats.
    • Up x 1