Faction balance is perfect at the moment.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kapernum, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Kapernum

Disregarding bugs and stuff. Who agrees that there's finally some sort of balance?
  2. Sinoby

Too many bugs to judge :) But we are getting there...
  3. maxkeiser

Not at all.
  4. Col_Jessep

Balance in a game is never perfect. Once you have reached a state that you consider 'close to perfect' somebody will find a new tactic and it starts again.
  5. Colt556

Until the factions stop being mirror images of one another with different colored skins, they'll never be perfect.
    • Up x 4
  6. HyperMatrix

Hack. Saw.
    • Up x 6
  7. MasterCheef

People dont understand that "balance" can also mean one faction is better at something than the other.

As long as anyone percieves ANY kind of advantage, there wil be complaints of imbalance- even if its not the case.
    • Up x 4
  8. PS2Freak

Nc weapons *ucks. Rof/Dps is unbalanced in comparison to tr and vs.
    • Up x 3
  9. TintaBux

Balance is okay, apart from NC at close range.
    • Up x 2
  10. Piepants

I think there are still a lot of imbalances that need to be fixed.
  11. freeze

tbh this is currently the worst balance period this game has seen so far...
    • Up x 1
  12. pucwyczes

If nc weps were as good as vs you would complain we are op, you lke how it is now thats why u say its balanced.
  13. Lucidius134

I agree w/ hero.

I'de much perfer if the balance was re-done and every faction had something they are better at and something thy are worse at, globally. You shouldn't be able to throw certs at something to bypass your factions weakness and all unlocks should accomodate your factions play style 100% with SLIGHt variations, not this stupid CARBON COPY CLONE stuff.
  14. pucwyczes

Perfect balance would be making all weapons the same just with different names, even if they seem the same now they are not.
  15. Inq

I'd prefer the opposite so we avoid all the faction whining.

If they made all the factions play exactly the same apart from faction unique models, textures and sound fx. The game would be better as the developers could focus on new content and individual weapon/vehicle balance insted of having an impossible three way seesaw.

Especially since this game is trying to become an Esport.
    • Up x 1
  16. ScarabParamit

Starcraft2...a "flagship" of EAsports...is a 3 faction game...
    balance can be achived...but it needs time, it needs awarness, and IT NEEDS PLAYERS TO BE ABLE TO TRANSFER THEIR CERTS/SC TO ANY OTHER FACTION FROM TIME TO TIME TO DISCOVER WHICH FACTION 'FITS HIM MOST'
    ...like players in Starcraft2 can anytime...no differance if he is from protoss clan or was playing zerg 4 years.

PSG2 doesnt have that and because of f2p tragic policy ...most likley never will
    • Up x 2
  17. PS2Freak

Exactly, we cant speak of ANY skill, if we dont have competitive weapons (or dont have "equal" start conditions.)

how much skill required to be nc, and how much vs or tr? there is worlds between.

seems nc have to rely on their moral rather then on weapons that are somewhere equal of other 2 fraction with their massive ROF/DPs/Accuracy.

from NC side, we dont have a chance to be as "good" as other factions.
  18. Inq

Your right it can be done (although SC is an rts), but its far easier to make them the same.

Tribes and quake are succesful Esport FPS's, everyone is on the same footing, no imbalance.

CS is another Esport FPS however there are minor differences to balance out in it like M4/AK. There are not any massive differences which you find within PS 2.

In its current state PS 2 will never become balanced and people will never be happy even if its a minority. Fact.
  19. PsychoBat

Expected to see a vanu avatar next to op. Wasn't disappointed.

Jokes aside though, I think the balance has become a lot better recently. As I understand, NC finally got improvements with their horrible recoil and the prowler (don't know about vanguard, any NC want to drop in?) finally feels like a worthy opponent to the other tanks. Incremental improvements FTW.
  20. Lucidius134

>CS Balance
    >Only mention M4/AK

Do you even play CS? Glock vs. USP is kind of a big difference.