[Guide] Things you might not know.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anti-Skub, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MiZrY

In U2 they made it so that it is actually now affected by the cert upgrade for the ammo pack..... if it was a bug they would have removed it, not make it work better. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  2. Hashi

Not a bug, the bug was that you would always deploy a level 3 or 5 ammo pack. In the patch notes they stated that it is now dependant on your level. So if it was a bug they'd have taken it out!
  3. Turel2

Good list. It has some nice things for noobs and not so noobs.
  4. R4GING

the thing with the pods is that not many knows it can be controlled !

I must've reached rank 20 before knowing that I can control the thing.
  5. Anti-Skub

That's a good one I forgot to mention. You can use this to do things like go up one of the wall towers and then jump off the other side as a quick way to get out of Amp stations and stuff.
  6. arventos

Good points.
    Fall damage and grav beams/jump pads was already mentioned, what more to say?
    Try not to fall on top of any vehicles :)
    It appears something's broken with fall damage implementation, I fell on my mag from about 3 meters and died instantly.

Another thing that took me time to figure out, when you're on deployment screen looking at the map, sometimes not all of the available spawn locations are shown there. Sometimes you have to scroll down the list on the right side to make those green dots appear on the map.
    I recall feeling a bit confused not being able to spawn back at warpgate, when I just had to scroll down.
  7. Jkar

A few things I'd like to add:

Tank shields are not bullet proof or movement hindering for infantry, you can shoot through it with everything but rocket launchers, it blocks all kinds of vehicle projectiles. Don't think of vehicle shields as infantry cover, it only works for tanks, use them as cover if you have to.

Building shields are bullet proof to everything, as an added bonus they also keep everything out (or in) that's not friendly. A good strategy for an amp station may be to repair the buildings shield generator when enemies are inside and then go in to crush them because they can't get reinforcements from outside or have to take the long route through the SCU room and a tiny door you can mine and camp to your hearts content.

SCU shields now seem to be at least mostly bullet proof, I tried to kill someone that repaired the SCU through the shield and most of my bullets were held off by the shield (about 1 in 20 got through but it seemed pretty random. Maybe this is a bug or an intended fix. I would like to hear if anyone else had that experience yet.

Aircraft can resupply from air pads and ammo sunderers.
  8. iRhuel

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

On skiing: I've found it's more effective to actually face the wall and run forward when scaling down. I've scaled cliffs with very, very steep gradients this way where simply backpedaling down had still gotten me killed.
  9. LilyUK

Wow I had no idea. This would explain a lot. ;x Thx for the nice information. :)
  10. FateJH

Vehicles have handbrakes? *consults binds* So we do!
  11. Loegi

Great post. Maybe some better info on who can shoot through what shields would be handy though.

It's definitely not a bug. If you look at the patch notes for GU2, you can see that they actually patched it to work correctly.
    "Ace Tool ammo packs should now be properly affected by Ammo Pack certs."
  12. OneRedBlock

It's not a glitch. It's a feature.
  13. Mefi

That strange. I've tried many times to kill engineers as sniper and my bullets always hit invisible turret. And I've never been shot either when used them as cover. Looks like it works same as ammo tower that many ESF pilots hate.
  14. Jezs

I was actually shooting through an invisible ammo tower a while back and actually hitting the sundy behind it, until i got a bit closer and it popped up in between :/
  15. BuzWeaverPS2

Very nice refresher.
  16. Anti-Skub

It only happens with destroyed turrets as far as I'm aware. I've tested it at Crossroads shooting from the west hill. If I took a few steps forward the wreck of the turret would appear and when I shot I could see my bullet ping off it. If I took a few steps backwards the turret would disappear and I could see the engineer behind it that I couldn't see at all before, and I could hit him.
  17. ScarabParamit

Thing to Your post...

If driving a tank, and slide into a hole when your front and rear are against up hill and You can't drive forward or backward...
    ...if You press backward key, then Left and Right at the same time...holding this 3 will give you additional grip/power to backup from hole.
    So default wil be "S + A&D"
    I didnt have any luck with forward, but maybe its becouse i fall to hole with front most times.
    My english is not to good, so test it yourself and post in much better form/speling.

also maybe add info about:
    shields...some can be shoot by friendlies but not with rockets & granades, some cannot be shoot by anyone etc.
    spot...sometimes its better to not to, as enemies can hear your character yelling and might start to look around for you =P

Regards and thanks for tips ;-)
  18. Anti-Skub

Good tip. Wish I could add it to the list but unfortunately you can't edit your own posts on this forums so just need to hope people read this far through and see it.
  19. ScarabParamit

Yea...i forgot, after 30min right?
    You can still MP me someday did "ASD" turbo reverse worked also for You and if it works for froward if You find out, thanks. ;-)
  20. Anti-Skub

Should also have said the immune to falling thing also applies to drop pods. If you drop pod into somewhere you have 3 or 4 seconds worth of zero fall damage should you need to get down from somewhere or chase someone.