Let's be honest, the cloak is a joak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mbui, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mbui

I've totally removed the cloak from my key bindings. When I want total stealth, I just approach from the rear.
    • Up x 2
  2. Timeraider

I changed from using cloak to using a fitting camo .. works better :D
    • Up x 1
  3. Achmed20

cloaking works pretty fine for me. now more then ever.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ztiller

There is nothing wrong with the cloak as it is supposed to be. As for the latest changes, no, i don't like it.

The cloak requires skill to use. It is not a "toggle on to rush whever you want" ability. USe it properly, and you can get in anywhere.
    • Up x 1
  5. SixReasons

You mean the new cloak with the new bug where it cant be seen with the NV scopes?

I will say the bug is a joke for sure.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ztiller

No, i mean the bug where the infiltrator stands out on Low settings withouth NV scope.
    • Up x 4
  7. Vaphell

yep, these poor guys from that clip in 'cloaking sound to distance' thread thought that too. They were sitting tight not trying to go rambo, all crouched and whatnot, dared to enable the cloak when a bunch of enemies was passing by and they got straight to the graveyard as a reward
    • Up x 2
  8. Mbui

Cloak should make no sound. In it's current incarnation, it is great at notifying the enemy we are within 100m of their location. So, when infiltrating, never use the cloak. For sniping, it gives a marginal benefit, at best, to avoid detection.

Fear not thought, for I have discerned our true strength on the battlefield, and I will reveal this in a new thread.

Mbui
    • Up x 3
  9. Jex =TE=

Cloak sounds out to 16m unless the new patch broke something.
  10. Ztiller

All this proves is that you CAN find people sing the sound, but it shows nothing about how comon it is. For everyone that tells me they can pinpoint a infiltrator in a 2km radius if he even nudges the F-button, i still have a 9/10 success rate when infiltrating enemy bases.
    • Up x 1
  11. VelcroPudding

its 100 meters, and it was like this before the patch as well
  12. justme

The cloak is fine, it is how it should be. As low settings, they had to change it a little bit so it can stick out. Before they use to be completely invisible. Now you can see them, but not as easily. The cloak was meant to be played with smart playing. Not just book it every where you please
  13. Vaphell

hmm let's take that and replace 'cloak' with 'jetpack':
    The jetpack was meant to be played with smart playing. Not just book it every where you please
    oh wait - it wasn't. You don't hear it, you can defend/spray bullets when using it, you can drop c4 on people's heads, you can spam it with next to no drawback.
    Utility of both signature abilities is not even in the same ballpark which leads to the conclusion that the cloak is indeed a joak.
    • Up x 4
  14. illgot

I would trade my cloak for the ability to not be marked by enemy players.
    • Up x 1
  15. Jazzsevdalinka

You are so wrong,I run the minimum settings and the cloak is usless,I can see them no matter how far they are,they dont "stick out a bit" they have visibility equal to 90% percent of noncloaked soldier.SOE needs to fix this,I feel as I am cheating when hunting infiltrators.

Besides,they are underpowerd even when cloak was stable,poor weapons and hit points,SOE even removed new SMGs and it makes no sense.As if it's wrong when INF sneaks behind you and shoots you after minutes of perfect timing and skills that player so hard put in to kill you,yes that's makes SOE and many others to think it is bot fair.But when the LA spot you with ease,throws flash grenade and kill all 3 of you from behind and when you are blinded,well that's for some reason perfectly normal and fair.And it is fair after all.So it should be with infiltrators using SMG or shotgun.I meant no offense,but think about it!
  16. Armchair

As far as I'm concerned, the current cloak is comparable to BF2142's cloak. It was not meant for sneaking around a base. If you were within the effective killing range of carbines, then you are too close to be using the cloak. The cloak is far better used for hiding you at long range when you reposition after firing a few rounds with your sniper rifle.

Perhaps the infiltrator needs a higher quality cloak for infiltrating at close range. I'd be in favor of something like that if it cost them their primary weapon. True invisibility should come with a large downside.
  17. Jests

There's a joak here alright, not sure it's cloak though.

When I think cloak is failing, I stop failing and be awesome instead.

*edit* removed the true story meme because the stupid forums wouldn't let me resize it to not be gargantuan. Apparently the joak is these forums.
  18. OldOnyx

What follows are some screen shots that I've taken since Update 2.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. haniblecter

Circle on the sides, not thorugh the action, make sure you're moving in front of broken, splotchy scenery, and always be in peoples peripheral, make frequent stops to recharge and check your angles, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, make all that sneaking worth it by taking out at least 3 dewds/hacking a vehicle terminal/turret.
  20. Jests

Yeah, that is dumb.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.