Stutter fixed !?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XRIST0, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RovingDeath

I run on ultra, through .ini editing and used to get roughly 30fps. After 2.0 patch, it went down to 20. Today's ninjafix got me up to 40-70 depending on what kind of activity is around me. Awesome. But when I reach a large fight, I see people jumping and flying all over the place. Minimap icons and blue "doritos" in UI flash erratically. I shoot someone, and 10-15 seconds later a hit registers. I jump out of a plane, toggling my jump jets the whole way down, run for a while and then die from suicide 10-15 seconds later.

Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2ghz
    8gb RAM
    ATI Radeon 6770m
    Windows 7 x64
  2. shd

Slight update:

my fps seems to be lower then before the GU2, but the stuttering has been resolved

I'm running : E8400 @ 3.6ghz, GTX 460 @ 1920x1080, 4GB RAM, Win 7 64bit; all the cpu hogs down to low or zero

Thing i noticed is that while before my bottleneck was always reported to be the cpu, now it jumps between cpu and gpu (altho it's still mostly cpu)
  3. Zeffan

Nope not fixed for me. Things will be fine for about 45 secs then things start going crazy. tanks are flying gals are flying end over end. People warping here then there then above me then sinking into the earth. And then i leave the warp gate and lose all my frames and crash.

Intel i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz (I know its old i understand that.)
    16 GB DDR 3 2400 Mhz
    AMD Radeon HD 7870
    • Up x 1
  4. -=0v3rkill=-

I am back from testing more and yes the stuttering is completely fixed for me. The fps did went as low as 25fps worst case scenario on a huge battle right now. But very good hotfix. it was smooth. Now all it needs its a bit more optimization towards the big battles.
  5. softgrip

With the new patch, I've now turned my graphics settings up to HIGH.

At one point in a heavy firefight in a tech lab my FPS dipped to 50.

HAH this patch is amazing so far!!!
  6. softgrip

If you have previously modified your UserSettings.ini - delete it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Torque221

Stuttering gone for me and 2 other computers in my house.
  8. bishopau

Best to start with a fresh one me thinks. Even though I ended up with a lot of the same settings the game seems to like it.
  9. Zazen

i7 here w/ 6 gigs Ram. Was stuttering like a mofo yesterday. Came home from work today after hotfix and game is running smooth as silk now except some weird vibration effect when using Jump jets on my light assault? Maybe that's a new feature I just hadn't noticed after GU2 or something though...heh
  10. Gammit

Stuttering was massively improved until I was at a tower pulling a Sunderer with AMS cert while 20+ other people were also pulling and rallying vehicles. I instantly went from around 40+ fps down to 0 for about 20-30 seconds. During this time I also racked up enough grief to go from zero to final warning, even though I took my hands off the keyboard and mouse when my framerate tanked.

i7 920 running 4 cores (HT off) at 3.3 GHz
    6 GB RAM at ~ 1600 Mhz
    Game installed on SSD drive
    EVGA 560 Ti Superclocked
    Win 7 64 bit Pro
    *OS and drivers up-to-date as of this post

speedtest.net put me around 49 ms to local server, 12 Mbps down, and 1.4 Mbps up.
  11. v3rt160

The game have never been as stable and smooth as it is right now after the last hotfix, at least for me.
    i even was able to increase grapics cuality with out losing much performance, dont know what you did dev. but well done, please keep it like this for as long as you can ;)

pc specs:
    CPU:Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    RAM:4,00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 665MHz
    Graphics:E2341 (1280x1024@75Hz)
    1023MB GeForce GTS 450 (MSI)
  12. Niian

glad its working for some people, my outfit in general has been positive about the hot fix, but my stuttering, warping and lag seems much worse.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hobblin

Definitely a HUGE improvement for me during a brief test run at the crown. No more massive FPS drops, and overall smoother gameplay even in a large battle. Great job devs!

CPU: AMD FX 4100 (O/C @ 4600GHz)
    GPU: Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
  14. BOOKEN

It would be rather easy and quite exquisite if SOE would simply start a thread/sticky asking for this information and specific information that would help them. Especially after such a significantly large initial update and what followed. I would bet my right leg that not only will the devs get a mountain of useful information, I submit the devs would also learn so much info that it makes their job easier.

As a bonus it's easier to moderate and remove the clutter.

As for the topic:

The stuttering and those places that went to 0fps have stopped for me.

Very little minimap problems (arrows flying all around all crazy) saw this at warpgate only

I did get triple load screen still. (BTW can this be officially addressed and if it has please direct me to it.)

Played for about 1.5 hours before this post and had better frame rates than before and no stutter.

And still get crash to desktop after 1-2 hours of play but I suspect that is my rig.

Win Vista 64bit
    4gb DDR2
    AMD 9100 e x4
    GeForce 8400 GS
  15. Kugelfisch

While my frames in the main stations are still at 25 per second it feels pretty damn smooth now. Also, the hickups are gone.
    Good patch to me.
  16. ZephyrBurst

The stuttering for me is completely gone as well. Yay!
    Overall framerate is a bit higher than before GU2, which is nice.
  17. Fotis

The fps issue seems fixed for me too. I played nicely for 2.5 hours at 20~35 fps. A few points of struggle, but it was either at a large battle or when riding a Flash.. The latter dropped me to 5~10 fps and wouldn't come back up, until I minimized the game client so my GPU usage went to zero and went back in the game so usage went back to 99% and fps back to normal.

CPU: Intel i5 @ 2.67GHz
    GPU: nvidia geforce GT 540M
    RAM: 4 GB

I'm glad to see progress so soon on so important issues! We're on a nice path here! Optimize the crap out of this bad boy! :D
  18. boboduflachi

Still getting major stuttering and FPS drops. Patch didnt change anything on my end
  19. Galantis

Stuttering seems to be some sort of syncing issue and it gets worse the longer you play. Fine at first but then shots do not register as if your actually lagging a few seconds, fall damage doesn't occur till couple secs after fall, after 15 min i can glitch walls where i just run into them can see other side. I tracert server and there was no lag i that could see all low pings in the 30s.
  20. Theodulus

SOE:

The latest hotfix has made the game once again playable, but overall performance remains less than what it was pre-GU2.

I seem to be utterly unable to disable particle effects to the same degree as pre-GU2, and since alpha textures and my GPU don't seem to get along very well, gameplay suffers in heavy battles, especially when armor is present. Also, I use to use AO as a poor man's shadows, since my PC immediately gets bottlenecked by my CPU when shadows are on, however post-GU2 AO seems to have way more of a negative impact on FPS than before.

So overall, I'm glad I can play again, but the game is still not as good as it was in terms of performance.

I play with:

Graphics Quality: High
    Lighting Quality: High
    Texture Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: OFF (Set to 0 via UserOptions.ini)
    Particle Quality: Low
    Terrain Quality: High
    Model Quality: High
    Effects Quality: Low
    AO, Fog Shadows, and Motion Blur are OFF.
    Render Distance: 2000

These are the same settings I used pre-GU2 with the exception of AO, which before was ON.

I play on:

AMD Phenom II 965
    nVidia GTX 560
    8gb DDR3 Ram
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.