Loving the new AA balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SheerTorcher, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Cevera

The lock-on warning was broken for the last few days since GU2, not sure if they fixed it already.
    You didnt get a warning at all, or it lasted only for ~1sec before it just disappeared (and you got hit anyway)
    Especially in third person the warning was hardly noticeable.

Yesterday I was flying away from a battle with about 60% hp left on my Lib.
    I died to lock-on launchers before I was able to land, I didnt get a single warning sound.
  2. FireKetchup

Figures this guy is only satisfied when things are this broken. Typical air crybaby. They don't want balance; they want revenge.
    • Up x 2
  3. Syylara

Yeah, you know what happens to infantry when they dive into a battle with dozens of their counters around? They die.

You know what happens to vehicles when they dive into a battle with dozens of their counters around? They die.

You know what happens to aircraft when they dive into a battle with dozens of their counters around? Some die, but a good chunk of them accelerate away rapidly to go repair before they are completely killed. If not for my tendency to put team>self a lot of the time, I'd have stopped pulling my AA MAX at all before they added the damage XP rewards.
  4. HadesR

There are even easier to dodge now due to their weird flight trajectory that came with the new patch .. For something that " can't " be done .. I see it done daily ( by good pilots ofc )
  5. Jessy

if you get a lock on, use your flares and get out of there if you can't deal with the threat.

Getting no warning is a known bug and will hopefully be fixed soon. Same for "invisible" missiles and attackers.
  6. RzeznikZLasu

And that busy location is 500m away from my base on Indar i got shoted down few times by invisible rockets.
    That base at 400-500m so there you can dodge lock on if you don t know where is coming from.
  7. Basileus

I love how you are stating you are such a good ESF pilot and that you aren't running into any problems with the current slate of bugs and then I look at your KDR and can't help but think your full of ****. As a ESF pilot, if you even fly one, you're not even close to being decent if your kdr isn't close to being 1. The lock on warning IS broken, if you flew long enough you would notice it's there for a second or two then disappears. After it disappears you are hit with 1 to 3 rockets depending on how many infantry fired at you and that's where the instant no warning deaths are coming from. The current mechanics ARE broken, to say they are not is just asinine.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tatwi

Hahahaha... show me where I said I was a good pilot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! All I said was that if I can successfully point the plane in the right direction for a strafing run and manage to live through it, despite my horrible frame rates and hitching, then there can't be anything wrong with it for people with better computers and internet connections than mine. HAHAHAHAHAHA.... me, a great pilot? I really did laugh at that.
  9. Nature

Theres air in this game?
    • Up x 2
  10. Talizzar

I guess the damage indicator on the right side of your screen is broken too?
  11. vrcarnage

The funny thing is the can still bomb your **** from out of your range @ flight ceiling and there is nothing you can do about it. All they need is somone on the ground to direct fire or have a flash w/ radar in the location and you can pretty much pin point shots based off the radar. You just have not met the right lib pilots yet :D
  12. vrcarnage

Crown if they don't have a truck load of a2a esf. You just fly to the ceiling and dive straight down towards the tower and rocket spam / guns and blast past and hook under the landing pad left / right go between the buildings and drop off the back of cliff. You farm goofs all day doing that. It's funny how no one every looks directly up... and thats exactly how you take them out @ the crown.
  13. Tar

are you denying or defending a bug in the game, really?
  14. Talizzar

What bug is that? That flyboys think that they should be able to see tiny people from a long way away? That is not a bug. It is just a soapbox that you all stand on to QQ.
  15. Dvine

Instead of the odd liberator, now you can enoy the endless tankzerg and the HE Armor spawncamping without end!

I hope your happy! :D
  16. FigM

people have to stop thinking of PlanetSide 2 as just another FPS game. This isn't infantry game, this is a vehicle game. Infantry is something you do while you wait for your vehicle timer/resources to be ready
    • Up x 2
  17. Oain Niao

im sorry. this guy is absolutely right. realize it.
  18. NightmareP69

Rename planetside 2 to AicraftSide 2, since all that people keep using is Liberators and Mossies/Reavers/Scythe
    Seriously, if they removed liberators i doubt anyone would get mad over it. It would make the game 2x more fun with no more ars holls who only care about KDr, spaming rockets on spawn rooms like idiots to get more certs
    • Up x 1
  19. LightningWolfTigrBer

I don't think I've seen a single complaint in this thread about render range. What we're complaining about is the broken missile lock on indicators. Is it just me, or do you have an axe to grind?
    • Up x 1
  20. Cevera

We want to get a working lock-on warning again and want to see the smoke trails of rocket launchers.
    Getting killed by things you cant see and not even getting a warning is no balance, its just bs.