FPS stutter is cause by the new HUD changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Tatwi

CTL+i (control plus letter "eye") turns off all the icons/identifiers that float around the 3D world, such as the doritos.

I accidentally noticed this the other day after I had played a lot of SWGEmu, where ctl+i opens the inventory. Seems I for some reason did this in PS2... herpaderp me! :)
    • Up x 2
  2. GoBM249

**** really? Nice find there bro.
  3. SolLeks

interesting. I do wonder how that did not get noticed by the in house testers, we noticed it in like a day lol.

then again, back when I played global agenda and was in the better / best agencys (switched a few, last one I was in was Threat), a lot of us got invited to test the new content before it was announced. one of my most memrable things was when HiRezDuke said something to the effect of "this new dome defense is extremely hard, our in house testers have a hell of a time beating it."

then we beat the instance and almost had the bonus with no GM super power help (just duke saying, "ok, get ready for the next part, its crazy!"). it took them quite a wile to make it really challenging for us... and then the masses cried that it was to hard lol.

another thing I have noticed is enemy getting the wrong IFF. sometimes they will turn up green. most of the time on the mini map, enemy air show up green for me. I have them set to red / purple...
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Yes, for me about 5-10 FPS pre-patch.

Also, i already tried turning off the HUD. It didnt help me with the new stuttering :(
  5. TimeyWimey

So they worked on this patch for x time, but couldn't playtest enough to see a stupid thing like this? Excellent choice of programmers you must have there, SOE. Excellent.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zakuak

ctrl + i works? I would love to be able to turn off the little icons sometimes, this would be cool!
  7. phreec

I've had that command bound to the § key below ESC for a while now. It's really convenient when your screen is cluttered full of damn icons that even block out the enemies at times. -.-
  8. asdfPanda

Confirmed.
  9. Kimgibbler

ctrl + i doesn't do much for me. might net a couple more fps but still studders.
  10. ROG.Diamond

ctrl + i seemed to solve the stuttering but I'm confortable having the UI on, so this solution kinda sucks for me =/
  11. Houkai

I thought this patch was supposed to improve stability and all that? Not only do I have this stuttering thing you guys are having, I also have this constantly. Pretty much unplayable right now, so the boost I have equipped right now is being wasted. Amazing.
  12. justme

/thread
  13. frankenroach

>ArmA
    >old school

Really? Operation Flashpoint is where it's at.
  14. DiedTrying

I had figured it was something like this. Something small that is constantly updating and draining resources.
  15. DiedTrying

OFP demo or get the f out
    • Up x 1
  16. Iksniljiksul

This is only one part of the problem, there are several issues in the game at the moment.
  17. Wren

I hear the graphics issues all go away if you turn your monitor off

Nightops mode.
    • Up x 11
  18. MasterCheef

19. Cowboyhomer

Hmmm..Mine got better when I went to custom colors and changed the Vanu to yellow for higher visibility
  20. Skadi

Every time i look near friendlys and especialy at a mass of them i get horrendous lag.
    I thought it had more to to with priority rendering.