[Daily Reminder] Missile Launchers are too much OVERPOWERED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maverick556, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Maverick556

I would like to talk to you about the actual problems that Planetside 2 has now created to all Air roles.
    First of all, flak has been completely overpowered, I can understand the turrets, which they should "protect" designed areas, but maxes firepower is too big, considering that a squad can have 12 maxes (potentially), and everytime air approaches to an area, you get immediately hit and you loose half life with 5 direct shots (AA has even more accuracy so direct shots are easier then no-direct shots) and if you have the composite armor, damage is just 40%..since I spent a lot of certs on the composite armor, I would like to see it effective against my targets, it was 12% before and 8% (seriously 8% from ground light weapons, an enemy soldier can take my airplane down with 3 clips of carabine)..now it's 25% but still, AA is too powerful, too much accurate, too much maxes.

But the most important thing is that, if you enable the composite armor you get IMMEDIATELY destroyed by enemy air-to-air missile lunchers: basically whenever you approach to the area you get locked by at least 3 people with a rocket luncher and you die before realizing that you explode. I can understand there was once a restriction between normal rockets, ground-to-air rockets and ground-to-ground lock on rockets, now an heavy soldier has a machine gun, an anti-air and an anti-ground missile luncher that costs 1000 certs, compared to the stealth that costs 1500+ certs and doesnt do anything because that missiles can lock on you even when you are 5 kilometers away. The new patch is even a bigger problem: missiles can lock on and when they do, you don't even see that a missile is following you and you find out you had a missile behind you when it hits you.

What I'm saying is: stop nerfing air, give us a bit more power or remove it totally and give us certpoints back, cause it's frustrating to spend 10000 cert points on a reaver and see that nothing of that new things can help you.
    I want also to know why the animation for the steady soldier with rifle has been changed, I would really suggest to bring it back to the past one because it's WAY more realistic then that arms at "NECK HIGH" holding a rifle in a very weird and ugly way
    • Up x 1
  2. Morpholine

The only problem I have with regards to lock-on missiles right now is the fact that the lock warning is broken with the latest set of patches.

I still die to the same sources when in the air: Enemy aircraft, friendly aircraft, and getting greedy and overextending.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flukeman62

on the animation.
    i do think it was designed with the TR in mind (you know marching drills, smart/professorial stance)
    it does look like they are lining up like a firing squad...
  4. Maverick556

That animations is completely weird...try to hold a rifle like that in dead points...it's not natural at all.....
  5. Flukeman62

I don't have access to a rifle...
  6. vrcarnage

I don't seem to have many problems w/ all of the air stuff so far. Yea it can be tedious sometimes getting the right approach but, I think air should work for what they get.

I don't consider my self a pro pilot @ all but, all these things I see on the forums confuse me. I think most people got so use to it being pretty easy (why i stopped flying me esf because it was to ez) that now when they are comming up against oposition.. they freak out. I started playing my esf again once I heard how hard it was... it is quite a bit more complicated then in the past but, I love it. Because when I get the kill on a nest of AA or some hardened position. It's like yea bioatches I tapped dat ****!

Now of course cert rates will go down if you try to stay in heavy combat. I don't play for just certs. I push w/ my faction and if they are in an area w/ a lot of resistance I will be giving them my support instead of worrying about how many cerst I can farm. I can farm weaker spots w/ ease if I want to but, whats the fun in that.
  7. notdaman

My issue as a pilot has never been lock on weapons, but the max's. They are hard to spot, contain as much power as a turret, can group together multiplying their power, they can get on top of something and shoot flak down (unlike lightning or turrets), and when you hit them directly with a full volley of rockets you maybe take a little better than half their life. That same volley would scorch a lightning or MBT.

Just my 2 cents, and really my only beef in the air.
    • Up x 1
  8. voldoman

I love all the QQing pilots these days. You guys brought this upon yourselves with your constant rocket spam, how does it feel now that more people and more have acquired a means to stop you? Are you frustrated? Mad? RAGEed?

Haha, so delicious. Keep the tears coming, they sustain me!
  9. PaperPlanes

Lock-ons are OP because of a combination of their range and the fact this game has render distance issues. The vast majority of the time you can't even fight back against lock-ons because people are firing them at you from well beyond the range you can even see them.

And aircraft can at least escape them, you can pop flares in an aircraft and escape the range pretty quickly. It's become really really bad for ground vehicles because there is no escape from the spam.
    • Up x 6
  10. PaperPlanes

Go back to 4chan, kid.
    • Up x 1
  11. Phyr

They aren't OP enough.
  12. MaxDamage

I have dedicated ground to air capabilities.

Even the most average of pilots can evade rockets and AA if they're not somewhere they shouldn't be. The balance is excellent now.
  13. Sharmanti

I too think that air has been overnerfed, however, air is waaaaay to strong vs tanks

90% of your hp in one fly and there's NOTHING you can do but watch
  14. EvilKoala

Take comfort in the fact that every time you encounter a lock-on launcher, someone went and spent $7 just to have a means to defend themselves against the likes of you.

And even still, if you use flares and fly smart.. you can still rain death from above.
  15. Bravix

My only problem is with the MAXs. Should nerf maxes and buff base AA turrets.

Edit: oh and buff the VS AI Max. Seriously, I'd use the flak for AI work before I'd use that piece of ****.
  16. innersphere1

pffff... bla bla bla no woman no cry
    • Up x 1
  17. Raital

[Daily Reminder Response Post] Missile launchers aren't OP, render distance is.

If you gave infantry rocks to throw at aircraft, they'd still take down aircraft through virtue of being invisible and invincible to air except at extremely close ranges.

Until infantry can be seen from an appreciable distance, infantry will continue to be effective vs vehicles by virtue of vehicles being ineffective against them.

Edit: At least MAXs aren't included in that anymore, but infantry can still exploit the heck out of it with lock-ons.
  18. Aerius

Launchers are fine, the broken lock on warning is annoying as hell though; "oh the lock warning is gone, I must have gotten out of ran- *bang*, guess not"
    You're an idiot.
  19. evansra

Personaly i find flying to be fine, alwase get more than 1 kill per death usualy around 5. I have only taken up flying since the AA buff patch tho so never new the crazy world of free kills :p

I do however see a slight problem with lockon launchers only because of render distance. This issue effects air and tanks alike. Once i was at a tec plant under very heavy attack, pulled a vanguard and as i was driving out of the shield got locked by god knows how many missiles and insta poped without seeing a single person... this seamed odd so i left the base on foot and flanked slightly and there where hundreds of infantry standing 50-100m from where i died but they only rendered when i got practicaly on top of them :p

I cant realy see a way to resolve this issue without nerfing the lock range back to nothing like it was before, and being a user of HA as well as tanks/air i realy dont know what i want... the render distance is not going to get "fixed" any time soon as its a core problem with rendering too many people at once.

Glad its not my job to keep everyone happy on this one because its impossible lol
  20. Vorxil

Eh, G2A seems to be reasonable bar the render problem and insane PID controller. Now A2A missiles on the other hand, those scare me to death. Not only do they have the same insane PID controller, it's really difficult to escape the source!