If you use low settings, you can kill every infiltrator with ease!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Good_Kitty

I'm just saying they should take low settings out of the game all together. If you cant play on medium/high and have max render distance then you are just a meat shield
  2. DCTH

Sounds mighty different from your other two posts and i agree.

Or they just could make this one effect the same on every setting.
  3. Albatross039

4. Good_Kitty

This thing was expensive!
    • Up x 2
  5. Jex =TE=

Well before the patch on low settings you couldn't see the infi at all! Now - omg it's like they're glowing neon when they run and completely show up.

I can't stand this class any longer - what redeeming features does it have? They couldn't even get the XP right in the "patch" - nope they went for rewarding kills over using abilities of your class.
  6. Jex =TE=

The hard counter is that it's 12 seconds long and makes a noise.
    • Up x 2
  7. PsyStorm

I was reading through the roadmap and I see nothing important that is focused on this class. I really feel like Sony doesn't give a crap about us and that makes me want to uninstall since Infiltrator is my main class. All I see is max, la, ha, and other things that are pretty powerful already.
  8. drNovikov

Our hard-counter is that cloak does not make you invisible and lasts only seconds. The rest is complete and utter bullsh*t introduced to make whining btches whine less.

Why other classes have no hard-counters to their abilities? Engineer carry unlimited magical ammo box. Where is the hard-counter? Where is the hard-counter to medic's healing and self-healing? Where is hard-counter to LA's silent jetpack?

If other classes had same hard-counters as infiltraotrs, medics would damage themselves as they heal others, engineers would be unable to take ammo from ammo boxes, heavy assaults and everybody who took flak armor could not sprind and could only walk at 70% speed, light assaults could not carry more than 1 extra clip of ammo due to heavy jetpack and fuel tanks.

Yet, only infiltrators have their tools wor against them. Out cloak is very visible even without IRNV. It makes a very loud sound. Our scout darts also alarm everybody in the base about our presense. They are anti-scout. No other class have their abilities work against them.
    • Up x 3
  9. DumarDomar

You good sir have made a very good explanation on why the Infiltrator its the most useless/unloved class. Even with that bad grammar, I salute you.

Edit: Oh wait you made this post too!

I double salute you!
    • Up x 1
  10. ISKNausicaa

This needs fixing asap, if it was a choice between this and being visible on the inv scopes I'd take scope visibility any day, better to know when you have been seen only some of the time than all of the time.

We had a similar issue with weather and foliage in ps1, guess what, pretty much no-one had weather effects/sky dome or foliage enabled, if you did you just hamstrung yourself against those that didn't.
  11. Jex =TE=

L M A O
  12. ISKNausicaa

Yes another update, our cloak sound effect can be heard from MUCH further away, last night I kept searching for enemy cloakers when I heard the telltale cloak only to find that a fair portion weren't even remotely close to me.
  13. Coz

This has given me flashbacks to the wonderful visibility issues with the AMS bubble in PS1... I just find it funny slightly amusing that those problems also occurred early on in PS1's lifecycle. (EDIT: Wait! It happened to cloakies as well, ofc! Numerous times...).

I get the feeling that cloak should now be constantly switched on and off, just to get rid of potential enemy spotters from keeping a tab on you (as well as confuse the **** outta them... :p ), as it doesn't seem to hold the same appeal as before when "trying" to remain concealed.
  14. Chemicalnurd

I've said this in another post on the same topic:
    This exact same issue occured a while back and all the same whining followed it. Back then it was a bug and got fixed pretty quickly, and I imagine it is also a bug now. Be patient, SOE will probably fix it soon enough. It's not like it makes the cloak any worse than it already was, what with the ridiculously loud noise it made...
  15. Timeraider

I really hope they fix it in the next hotfix, together with directional lag and more.
  16. flapgrabbin

this is bull
  17. Jests

Yeah, well, as the saying goes:

Hope in one hand and crap in the other. See which one fills up faster.
  18. Doc Jim

I am an engineer, I run with a battlerifle and a 6x scope because i prefer marksmanship to blowing stuff up.
    I just had the interesting experience of killing the same infiltrator twice in a row at a distance of 200-300 metres.
    To be fair, he made the mistake of positioning himself in the middle of a gaggle of heavies, BUT he was cloaked.

This made me feel so guilty that I decided to log out and share the story.

I think we have reached a point, were it must be accepted, that the cloak is utterly broken, let's hope it's a bug.
    The fact, that IRNV no longer shows infiltrators doesn't make that big a difference, if you can see a cloaked infiltrator with a normal scope at 300 metres.
    • Up x 1
  19. Saval

The infiltrator cloak has been messed up since the patch, it's now useless since people can see you, and that makes me sad and not wanting to play as it's one of my favorite classes in this game. If people can easily spot me while using the cloak, then I don't see the point of having it in the first place?
  20. bluEyedillusions

This is a really big problem. With the tons of people playing on low settings for improved FPS, they have total "hacks" to see infiltrators.

This is really bad.
    • Up x 1