A New Bug for the list - Touching a vehicle can/will often kill you.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sh0xy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sh0xy

If you jump from say.. a roof/ledge and drop like... even the tiniest bit on to the roof of a sunderer (haven't tested other vehicles), then you basically instantly die/ or drop down to like.. 1-2 health bars left.

It's inexplicable, I tried it 3 times and even when I did a jump where i lowered myself with Jump Jets (very very slow), it STILL did 90% of my health.

In addition, other vehicles are exhibiting the same behaviour, I exited my Mosquito, turned to repair it, only to have my plane kill me the moment I step out (inexplicably). I am aware that if you try to repair a plane whilst standing under it and its sliding, you can take damage/suicide, but this is different, I was not in any sort of position for that to happen and I simply dropped dead.

Another example is, I jumped over a [stationary] tank, and as I took my last step over it, I dropped down to 2 health bars again. Seeing as this was inside the Warpgate's shield's, It is IMPOSSIBLE that I was attacked by an enemy.

Fix your **** SOE, or i'm just going to make a new thread detailing each damn issue I find.

On a side note, someone from my Outfit also was complaining that his tank mines are a bit 'hit and miss' at the moment. Sometimes you have to lay several before actually getting one that detonate's.
  2. Highfall

I think this is just some poor coding from SOE. They want vehicles to be able to "run over" enemies easy, downside is that friendly fire is ON so it affects yourself and your teammates. The easy fix would be to turn off friendly fire for vehicles (you can't run over own players)... the hard fix would be to figure out a way to turn down the sensitivity, without affecting how easy it is to kill others by running them over. For example by adding a minimum speed limit a vehicle must have before it does damage to others
    • Up x 3
  3. Sh0xy

The sunderer I jumped on to was also stationary. So the Vehicle's typically AREN'T moving, and they will either kill me for touching them, or do over most of my health. But I agree with what you've said :).
  4. SgtRolling

I'm pretty sure this has been around since beta, the game has always handled vehicle collisions poorly, simply bumping somone with the side of a vehicle will instagib them, so I assume it hs something to do with that.
  5. TheAppl3

Nice. It was already far too easy to TK people with vehicles, now they have a magical pain-field projected onto them. I knew going any more than like 3.5kph would lolmurder someone once in a while, but stationary is new as far as I'm aware.
  6. Soylent

Ran into this issue as well. Jumping on the seat of my flash for a tiny ledge left me with 2 hp bars.

Nothing like this took place before the patch. Jumping on the roof/top of a stationary vehicle never caused damage before.
  7. Sh0xy

Yep.

My favourite was when I when to jump in to my Squad's Sundy which was parked waiting for me, and as I jumped from a low roof of a base to the roof of the sundy, I simply died instantly haha.

I then respawned, and decided to test out what happened, so I went light assault, headed for the same Sundy, and this time I lowered myself on to the roof. Dead quicker then being shot by a sniper repeatably >.>. Good times in PS2!
  8. Recce

Yeah we were chasing down an LA on foot, he jumped on our Sundy and instantly died. Thought it was quite funny until one of our own guys jumped on a platoon members tank.
  9. Turelle

I've had this issue. I've layed down 3 mines and none of them detonate. To top of it off, shooting them to detonate them does no damage to the vehicle, nor does throwing a nade at them cause them to damage the vehicle.

On the upside, I might be able to stock them to 40 since I can't use them.
  10. Azzatai

Well, while not beeing able to drive over someone sometimes is a bit annoying, this "fix" is just frustrating...
  11. hostilechild

I always found it odd how easy it is to TK a friendly with a vehicle, yet you pretty much have to dead center an enemy.

Haven't died recently to running over the top of a vehicle or jumpjetting on to one, but if i jump off a rock or low building to one then yes i die as if the stationary vehicle was moving 50mph. (maybe game sees the fall as movement speed interaction).
  12. ENGTX

or i spawn sometimes with full shield but 0health . weird weird game .
  13. Fried

3 times last night I died when jumping onto nme sunderers to c4 them, not from height but just using my jet pack and touching down gently,most anoying.

It seems that fall damage is a bit harsh also, you will all have probably noticed even jumping down from a tower spawn room takes away shield and you get the pain sound and I also noticed you have to really be carefull when using the jet pack, I suicided sooo many times last night from fall damage.
  14. Sh0xy

I hadn't noticed fall damage -> to ground, being any different :\. Perhaps I'm mistaken though.
  15. Sikres

idk if this is a bug, but on the new patch dont say anithing. the HS/VN ( a night vision watch), before the patch, you can use it to see invisible infiltrators. Now dosnt work. Someone know why this happend? or is just a modification?

P.D: sorry if my english is bad, isnt my mother lenguage

16. Zakuak

Haha, yeah I was on a roof yesterday and my sundy was parked right next to it so after the base cap I hoped on to the top of the sundy and poof was dead. It wasn't even a drop down onto it the roof of the sundy was darn near level with the buildings roof I was standing on.
  17. TheRagingGerbil

I used to use sundies as a prejump platform for my light assault. Sadly doing this now results in my death. :(
  18. Kamran Mackey

I am pretty sure they are working on this, Sh0xy. They always release regular hotfixes to fix these problems. So, you should be expecting a hotfix soon.
  19. Finkin

Can confirm this for Lightnings as well. Jumped all of a few feet down onto the top of mine and it oneshot me. o_O
  20. Sh0xy

I wonder if you die when jumping on top of an enemy tank. I'm guessing if it's the case for sunderer's, its the case for tanks.. Does that mean that C4 planters are unable to actually get on the vehicle they're trying to blow up? Hah what a bug xD.