[BUG] Minimap Unit Colors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Accuser, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Accuser

First: In my UI, all enemies are set to Red, all friendlies are set to Blue
    As of this post, I have units on my minimap showing up as a rainbow of colors they aren't supposed to be.
    Enemy units commonly show as green.
    Friendly non-platoon units regularly show up as random platoon colors.

In addition to fixing this, I would love to have the ability to turn off the "platoon unit" colors so I have the option to return to the old: enemy=red, squad=green, friendly=blue.
  2. furballhero

I like the faction colour addition, I would like them to expand on it. Make use able to choose the colours for Alpha/Bravo/Charlie/Delta and outfit as well.
  3. Stigma

I really appreciate the new system in the sense that the new map is much more readable and everything can now be labeled and color-structured so much better...

The only problem is that you can't trust the goddamn map - at ALL.

- It shows enemy "ghost" units that do not exist
    - It randomly dosn't show enemies that it is supposed to show
    - It randomly dosn't show friendlies that it is supposed to show (invisible ESF wingmen very typical)
    and now with the new changes we can add:
    - It randomly shows wrong colors, such as using the green squad-color on enemies.

It might be good for a joke the first time you get blown to pieces by a "friendly" mossie while playing VS or NC but trust me when I say that the joke wears thin real quick.

-Stigma
  4. Faus7

it was real funny after setting the coloring in options for green = all allies and red = every enemy to be flying in a scythe being chased by a brown mosquito that is being chased by a purple reaver... also all platoon vehicles show up as white on the map/minimap which make them near impossible to see. I do not mind having rainbow enemies but they clash awfully fierce with the rainbow in yo face platoon mates I already have which I am pretty sure anyone except the 4 squad leads will want to recolor to just regular green for all squads instead on the minimap at least...
  5. Faus7

can we have the old original colorings for minimap, screen, and map back as the default but with the new added option of rainbow powered team killing customizations for the stoners who DO want to tinker with it? Instead of forcing us all to suffer with the new theme with only limited options of recovering what we had before.
  6. Wasdie

Yeah, I like the idea of being able to recolor certain things, but they wen't overboard. The minimap is more difficult to read now.

I hate how faction colors override terminal, capture point, and generator labels on the UI. I think those should stay static, or at least have more options to change those colors.

If I change an enemy colors to red I really only want it to affect the spot markers, not the rest of the HUD.

I think they need to keep moving towards more customization of the HUD's colors with a good amount of presets that people can pick from as well as custom presets.