Easy fix for Lock on - balance of scale - 3x+ locks makes interference

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innociv, Jan 30, 2013.

1. furballhero

Well of course you can use terrain, that goes without saying. Also now it seems you can also use maneuvres, which is also awesome.
  2. Gary

The original idea sounds like it hurts team work and encourages lone wolf. Currently the locks are bugged and are not being dealt with correctly. Think everything is fine with them and i fly and gun in a liberator a lot.
  3. SirCrazed12

I have also found lock-ons are gradually becoming really nasty as the game progresses and more and more people are unlocking them. At the start it wasn't as bad since only a handful of people actually had them but now it feels like every heavy out there is using them.

The biggest problem is probably the render distance and the fact that the rockets themselves don't even render once they're in range which makes it almost impossible to seek cover as a tank as you can only guess at the direction you are being hit from which isn't always accurate. I would honestly like to see the range that they can lock-on from brought down drastically or at least made less effective at maximum range, something like the further they travel they become slower and less responsive and therefore much easier to dodge.

To be honest I don't really understand why vehicles and infantry have separate render distances as it only leads to a lot of problems and frustration with issues like this, when things aren't rendered they cannot interfere with each other so it only seems fair that if you can't see me I shouldn't be able to see you and then lock-on to you with and unavoidable missile, it's just common sense.
  4. innociv

3 people isn't teamwork?

I'd argue that 2-8 people working together is much stronger teamwork than 20. By your logic, zergs are the best teamwork this game has to offer.
  5. innociv