SECRET CHANGES PATCH 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sunderer, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunderer

I am sure a number of you have noticed a fair number of buffs and nerfs that were not stated in the patch notes.
    Feel free to discuss them here.

[TL/DR VERSION] One I would like to share with you is the change to weapons lock, it is now effective across all your accounts.
    [FULL VERSION] Luckily last night after my final warning it didn't activate after significant FF (friendly fire) to total scrubs who want to run in front of a fully auto SMG and stand there. But the problem with FF and the new SMG is a totally different topic. Just now some butt hurt BR2 probably from a different faction came over with his buddy to grief my faction. After killing me twice I commenced to do my routine anti grief tactics that I wont discuss. Allowing me to kill them both about 8-10 times before being weapon locked. I didn't really mind being weapon locked because the team was doing horrible with like 15% control on the only populated continent. So I went ahead and jumped to a different character only to discover I am punished on it as well. I understand why they may have thought this change is a good idea, but honestly you shouldn't be able to have multiple characters on the same server. Or at least give BR 50 or 60+ limited FF punishments.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vertabrae

By active across all accounts, do you mean active across all 3 characters on one account, or active across multiple accounts each of which have 3 characters?

I only ask because I have one account, and my weapons lock was always active between characters. The first weapons lock is only a min long, so switching between characters you might not notice it. I got a 5 min one once ( two very badly thrown nades in quick order saw to that) and when I switched to my NC and VS guys they had the lock as well.
  3. Juni

I am still amazed how many people complain about the weapon lock... I have never been weapon locked, and I TK people A LOT(By accident mostly).
    But there are times when certain people piss me off and I kill them several times, yet, I have never been weapon locked... What do you guys do? Load up a galaxy and smash it into another full galaxy?
    I am curious, I want to know how to get a weapons lock, as it is apperently impossible for me =P
    • Up x 2
  4. Big Cyz

Swagrider / flash turbo nerfed

Reaver vertical thrust nerfed

Fury blast radius nerfed

Camo nerfed
    • Up x 4
  5. Oreo202

The only way you can reach BR 60 in under 48 hours of playtime is farming infantry before flak got buffed (IE at launch) with membership, squad and 50% boosts.

The OP is not asking for impunity when it comes to killing friendlies, he's saying that he wants more experienced players who actually know what they're doing to have less punishment when stupid people or newbies walk into their firing line.

Edit:
    The best way to generate grief in this game is hands down using the lasher. For some reason people think that walking into the bright neon green-blue stream of 'death' is a good idea.
  6. Vertabrae

You don't have to kill anyone to get it. I've had it a bunch of times, mainly in Biolabs. Because enough people seem to think that the big beefy HA with the spiked helmut holding the big gun that is making loads of noise and flashing bright orange at the tip means one thing. COME STAND IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!

They usually move after taking a few rounds in the butt. But enough people do it, specially in a small teleporter room that I can get locked easily. It's based off how much damage you do to teammates, not off how many you kill.
  7. Vortok

I was using a HE Lightning recently for lack of any actual tanks to shoot at with my MBT. Know how I avoided weapon lock? When friendly foot soldiers got close to the place I was suppressing/shelling/farming/whatever you call it... I stopped shooting and looked for a place further ahead of the allied troops.

It's amazing the things you learn how to do by BR50.
    • Up x 4
  8. justme

I am pretty sure it is just griefers. I only get weapons locked after I go on a TK spree after some guy pisses me off by killing me 4 times so I hunt him down for 15 minutes.
    Only time i ever get weapons locked
  9. Draxo

Only times I have been close to weapon lock are when scrubs run in front of my moving vehicles or when I get punished for the grave crime of someone ramming me in their vehicle and taking damage.
  10. Zer0range

You bet, and not disclosing these changes in the notes is most certainly not the right way to do things.
    • Up x 1
  11. Accuser

Better solution: Harming/TKing friendles below BR 10 gives no grief. That lets you defend against people making a character to grief you whether it's on their real account or a new "just for griefing" account.
    • Up x 3
  12. Sunderer

I tried to change it to characters after posting, but for what ever reason I can't edit the post now.
  13. Sunderer

+1
    That sir is a brilliant idea.

+1
    Good to know
  14. St0mpy

I approve of this secret change.

OP has obviously done it before to be weapon locked and know he can evade it swapping accounts.

Perhaps the account was even same faction/server for the intention of evading locks and the like, who knows.

Lastly, why would more experienced players be given licence to bully people more? Having experience means you are more familiar with game mechanics, not less and people being nasty to others comes at any rank.
  15. SKYHEX

All ESFs got vertical trhust nerfed :/ This especialy pisses me off as a NOE flight user.

Camo... yah. I see where they were going with it but man... that's BRIGHT AS ****
  16. pucwyczes

They reduced random bullet spread on NC LMGs and made it even worse with hotfix.
    • Up x 1
  17. Brusilov [TR]

Being someone who never seeks out Team-Kills... this PSA is news to me. Really, really, good news. All you people who purposely shoot someone on your own team, dIckheads.
  18. QuantumMechanic

They removed /who which was kinda lame because that's the only way we could get an idea of how big the fight is that we were in. Probably part of their plan to NOT merge servers.
    • Up x 2
  19. Eleo

It has always locked all characters of an account...
  20. Armchair

Underbarrel grenade launcher projectile drop was massively nerfed. You can practically throw hand grenades further than you can launch a nade.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.