[Guide] You CAN dominate CQC with semi-autos

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheDudeMachine, Jan 24, 2013.

1. nkenny

It bears mentioning that my main weapon has been the TR semi-scout.

@MeltingCPU
    I know where the center of my screen is, so no, it hasn't really been a problem. It takes about half a second, with a gong like sound, for the cloak to melt away-- I use that time for any fine adjustments.

-k
  2. TheDudeMachine

My K/D isn't that good, at 1.88. That's why I made this thread, to show that I didn't have much success in using the other infiltrator weapons at close range. I was under a 1.0 K/D before I switched to the semi. In a week's worth of using the semi, my K/D has more than doubled. That shows that, for me at least, the semi-autos work very well in CQC.
  3. Vikarius

nope, but I have been playing since beta and my resources gained never go over 750 in the tab screen unless I have used them (making them drop below 750) . So either im bugged or that is a sketchy amount of vehicle resources gained for only 1 hr 30 min (even if it was mostly him killing from inside a vehicle 90% of the time)
  4. gunshooter

>fairly common
    >1.8 kd

so you're a pro headshot master, yet you do less than half as well as half decent HA's do? For example I am 4.2 KDR as HA.

Sounds like Infiltrator doesn't dominate in cqc, and you are, infact, posting outliers and presenting them as if you always do that well.

Vain tool.
  5. TheDudeMachine

Why are you so mad about this? I had under a 1.0 k/d until I switched to a semi. In a week of using a semi, I more than doubled my K/D. In order to do that, you have to get pretty good ratios, which I have done. You're obviously a good player, why do you have to be a dick?
    • Up x 1
  6. Rigsta

Well, you get resources when you score points. The type of resource you get matches the type of resource the area you're fighting in generates. Also bear in mind the score screen shows you how many resources you gained even if that type of resource is already capped.

So getting 144 kills in an area that grants ground vehicle resources would probably do it :)
  7. gunshooter

title:

"
    [Guide] You CAN dominate CQC with semi-autos"

what is actually happening:

You CAN do far worse than you would on any other class with semi-autos
  8. TheCF

Well, even if this thread isn't proving much, I just have to say that I'm too running around with a low-powered scope on a semi-auto. I just started to actually, and I'm loving it. I'm not good at FPS, but I've managed to go above 1 in K/D since the switch consistently. Before it would almost never happen.
    Even though I still think Infils need some kind of buff somewhere to help them get a more defined role than "Sneaky killy". Being killy is the job of assault units. Though if you want to be killy, then you can be and should be. Whatever you think is fun is good.

Anyway, nowadays I run around with a KSR-35 (semi-auto) with a 4x scope and it suits me perfectly. I still stand little to no chance when someone comes around a corner and sees me, but that's not supposed to happen. I think every Infil player will have to find that exact weapon with an exact range that fits them. 2x is too short for me, and 6x is too long. Bolt action is not my thing at all... Can't use them. The SMG is good and I love it, but it has a too big CoF for me. I often shoot at things I can't hit with it.
    All in all, I've become a decent mid-close range infiltrator sniper... And while it doesn't fix the class as such, it is possible to be decent up close.
  9. PaperPlanes

Well he could do the same thing as a HA or Engineer with the Battle Rifle that 90% of the game doesn't know exists because it isn't in the cash shop, you have to unlock it from the class cert screen. The thing is a beast for all 3 factions and it gives both HA and Engy a very versatile weapon that can be built into a sniper platform or as a CQC type of weapon.

I have a "sniper" version of the Pulsar C built for my Engy/LA which works decent for medium to long range stuff, but the Eidolon battle rifle is amazing, just wish LA could use it.
  10. Vikarius

Thats not how my score screen works (IE TAB) The resources never go over 750 unless I have been chewing through them
  11. TheDudeMachine

I think you've got your numbers confused with the total amount you can hold at one time.
  12. Vikarius

That is not shown on the TAB screen, so no I am not confused. Under the same column as K/D etc. My resources gained never gos up if I am already capped
  13. TheDudeMachine

It actually is on there, underneath what you're talking about. I don't know what to tell you, I always get huge numbers like that when I fight in a biolab. You can check my stats, I only have 218 vehicle kills, and I'd be willing to bet almost 100% of those are from hacked turrets. I have nothing certed into any vehicle in the game aside from a sundy spawn.
  14. Ganen

sorry but the fact that YOU got very good, or at least get very good scores sometimes as that only shows a session, doesnt make up for the fact that the semis are NOT effective close quarter weapons.
    I mean dont get me wrong, post me your life long stats on the rifle itself, and the life long stats on your K/D and if it is as good as you make it sound, well hat's off, and kudos to you, but that means nothing other than you are a awesome player who for some reason outperforms with gimped weapons rather than the actual purposed ones.

meanwhile every average/regular skill player, will have under 30% accuracy and get allot more worth from full autos, especially now with the smg.
    in short, soldier wide statistics > individual statistics (this assuming you actually have the statistics you make it sound)
  15. nkenny

Here is a another video that shows the Nyx, and therefore its equivalents, in action. It is an interesting video because the commentator is apparently a Battlefield 3 player and also removed from the truths whining passed around this forum.

It is worth noting that he barely uses the cloak.

-k
  16. Ganen

a video that actually mentions the weaknesses of the nyx at close, and its strengths at MEDIUM range but sure, its cool :) I personally prefer the ghost.
  17. AnuErebus

The fact that most people can't use a semi-auto effectively in CQB does not mean the rifles aren't effective in CQB. If you can land the shots you can take down pretty much any other class before they take you down. I've been using the KSR-35 lately and I've found that when I hit properly the enemies can be dead before my shields are even all the way down. It's not a rifle for the masses, that's for sure but it's still a very viable weapon in skilled hands. If you have trouble with accuracy go the full auto scout or SMG way for CQB but if you have the accuracy it's at least worth trying, doubly so because this weapon is also great at mid range which provides a lot of flexibility.
  18. klor

As much as I love the Impetus, it's time to hang it up. The NC SMG is just too good.

19. TheDudeMachine

Yes, the SMG is definitely pretty damn good.

Also, the Impetus has been ninja nerfed. It now takes 4 rounds to the chest to kill at range. It's not nanoweave armor 5 at work either...this was happening constantly on BR 1-5 players yesterday.
  20. TheWall

I just unlocked the ksr and put a red dot on it. But when i ADS i still have the mil dot style scope over the red dot but its just not zoomed in. anyone else have this issue?