Anti-tank mines should not be usable as C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cilrael-sa-Altarii, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Kayfes

QQ some more cause you haven't certed into a fix for this that is already in the game, MINEGUARD!
  2. Kayfes

Maybe, but C4 has to be stuck on something. I know it can be frustrating placing C4 and I use C4 more often now that tank mines because I really like the mobility of playing LA.
  3. Gary

Nanites detect the presence of an enemy vehicle and blow up regardless of movement. ;)

C4 can be used to defend a base and strategically pick your target such as allowing the flashes to go past then a tank and then blow the sunderer following them.

Under the same circumstances you will need a heck of a lot of landmines to take out the sunderer at the rear of the group moving up Each flash can take out 3 landmines if going quick enough a tank can survive 3 landmines with mine guard i think and a sunderer with MAX mineguard i think can take 5.

Now if you sunderer is deployed DEFEND IT! 1 engineer should not make it though your attacking force to your deployed sunderer and drop 2 or more landmines on it.

I run with level 3 mineguard and when using the sunderer i take claymores and set them up in the vicinity... Engineers rarely make it to the sunderer and if they do it survives to be repaired by myself and nice team mates :)
  4. Ryko Nailo

Honestly while i love kamikazeing amses, it is rather silly that a stationary truck sets em off. If they made it so they don't detonate unless the vehicle moves faster then 5 mph aka actually moving somewhere, I'd be fine with that. Hell even keep the whole nade / rocket / shoot the mines to detonate if you want, it makes it take more time and resources.

Bonus points to letting engies defuse and pick up enemy mines.
  5. Gisgo

Its not a gamebreaker and its not going to be addressed.
    There is nothing to "fix" they are PROXIMITY mines.
    Whats your problem with mineguard? Its the cheapest cert in the defense slot.
    • Up x 1
  6. Littleman

The problem is that there are other things people would like to use, and mineguard shouldn't be the de-facto go-to cert because mines are planted like C4 more than they are as actual mines.

"Defend the sunderer!" Is an option FEW are trying to pursue, and most lemmings just aren't interested. It's about counter-play. Once those mines are set, it isn't much fun to fix the issue, because one can't. This game has too many fun-to-use things that aren't as fun to react to, in fact, but we'll focus on this particular issue.

Increase the quantity of mines an engineer can plant, but remove their capability to detonate on stationary targets and force a set distance between them so an engineer can't stack them right on top of each other. Actually, the latter may be all that needs to be done. Engineers CAN disarm mines, last I checked, but it's a fairly moot point when the damn things go off LONG before they get the chance to do so. Aware engineers need a chance to remove the mine before the driver undeploys their AMS. That's all that really needs to be done, and to achieve that, mines should only go off on vehicles in motion. Of course, if mines had a minimum set distance from each other, that should be enough to impede the two stack one-shot deal we see now. The engineer would have to plant one, wait for it to blow, then plant another.

I'm sure SOE intended for mines to work like mines, not replacements for C4 bricks. Being able to use mines as one would C4 makes them interesting, but they completely eclipse C4 in their current implementation, and hardly are ever treated as mines.
  7. Gisgo

To put it shortly, you want to turn proximity mines into old style WWI AT mines.
    I dont know... im both a sundy driver and an AT engie and i think AT mines are pretty well balanced.
    My sundy rarely gets killed by mines, and when it does it was a well deserved kill.
    Now, if we could deploy mine fields, it would be different, but its not the case on PS2.

They are proximity mines and they are working like proximity mines.
    If they nerfed AT mines theres a good chance you would be even more pissed at C4 (no defense against it, mineguard and blockade armor dont work).
  8. the pestimist

c4 is a great thing for dealing with pesky maxes and finishing of tanks and stuff.
  9. HellasVagabond

To all the people who have only seen the armed forces in a GAME. Proximity mine is the same as saying it's a MOTION mine. So for it to explode it needs to detect something entering it's range. It's doesn't explode with stationary vehicles. Try throwing it next to a rock, will it explode because the rock is there ? So please guys next time put more thought in your replies.
  10. Monnor

So you want a nerf for AT mines, cause you are unable to buy mineguard? Good luck, good luck SIR.
  11. furballhero

The Taliban use anti tank mines for all kinds of dirty trickery. An anti tank mine is simply a shaped sharge with a LOT of explossive material. So whats the difference between C4 and a mine? nothing except the trigger. I do agree that the mines would be placed though and not thrown.
  12. Gisgo

Theres an electronical device that checks for... no, wait...

[IMG]
  13. HellasVagabond

Well i don't know if SOE decided to re-invent the term proximity/motion mine, i am just saying how it Works in the real world.
  14. Bloodlet

Oh look it's this thread again. AT mines work fine. Get mineguard and learn to play. Especially L2P since you think LA have AT mines.
  15. Nature

16. SkepticJerry

His problem was he got killed and had to respawn. If mine have really been your're problem, cert into mine guard.
  17. LuckAffe

65% less mine damage for about 350 cert, yep cleary mines are OP and nothing can be done about them
  18. Jex =TE=

In 1945 the japanes had remote control AV mines.
  19. FineFleur

This is the second proof that you know nothing about the game. You need to shut up now.
  20. makrome

this again ?
    MInewhine ?
    So, explain to me why you didn't use any of the counters available to you ?
    Someone else spent certs and resources and took a quite risky way to get to that, obviously not defended, not mineguarded, badly parked sunderer.
    It is surely the Engineers fault you didn't protect your assets, so he has to be nerfed to cater your needs.

And on a sidenote ... OP seems to have been blown up by C4 since LA doesn'T have AV-mines anyway, and the word 'proximity' seems to be unknown too.

[edit] and really, to all you whiners, nerfers and min-maxers, try the thing you whine about for yourself, you might find out not everything seems to be the same from the other side [/edit]