Hotfix - that was quick!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tigga, Feb 2, 2013.

1. GImofoJoe

Someone cried IRL for a game??? LMAO!!! That's what you get for over invested in something so OP, it was inevitable. The nerf isn't that bad, even the Vanu themself admitted. Only the Saron speed nerfed, and hover height is lowered, the strafe speed reduction is a bug according to Higby tweet.
  2. Wasdie

You don't understand how much goes into software development at all. It's not just a physical product you can see and touch. There is no finite amount of tests to make sure it all works. When releasing software on such a massive scale, there is no way to fully test it at all. There is also absolutely no way to know how it's going to act in a live environment on fully loaded servers with tens of thousands of connections being made.

The only thing they really need is a test server so they can deploy these patches for public testing a week or two before. This would radically increase the testing that could get done on these major changes and would let them run into 99% of these major bugs before full release. I can understand why they don't want one, but it would be in their best interest to have a test server to test these patches before they go live. It would make life easier for everybody.

With software you're shooting in the dark half of the time. Heck back at work I've seen Windows updates break our software for certain machines on certain motherboards. How the heck can you test for that?
    • Up x 6
  3. Daioh

you are the best poster ever.
  4. Arcanum

That's not what he said. AP now has almost the same direct hit damage as HEAT.
    He merely thinks AP having high speed is fair, that doesn't have anything to do with what's intended and what's not.
    I'd love that.
  5. Keiichi25

Go ahead and call me a fanboy...

I will flat out tell you, if this wasn't SOE , if this was EA game, or a Blizzard game... I would be saying the same thing to you about problems in the game, and then point out a few things you should be aware of...

$15 dollars a month == 15/28 == $.53 a day...

At your 6 month rate, that is $12 a month... which is 12/28 == $.43 a day.

If you were to watch a movie, just ONCE a week... At matinee price, no food, no drink... Which is going at about maybe $6.00 for a NEW movie... that is $24 a month. But also, let's analyze something here... You are spending about 1.5-2 hours for $6.00. So you spent about $3-4 per hour... Even if you only play 1 hour a day... 5 days a week, 2 weeks a month... you literally are only spending $1.5 for the entertainment you got from the game.

You realize... You spend MORE time and get more for your money if you spent on this game for membership, than you do going to the movies?

And what more... Not even have to be a fan to point out something that has been reiterrated to you.... TIME AND TIME AGAIN... You are paying for a BENEFIT in a FREE TO PLAY game. YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PUT MONEY IN THIS GAME TO PLAY...

So... I have to say... For a game that you DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR... You seem to think that you entitled to something about the game when the MEMBERSHIP WAS NOT REQUIRED. Membership has its privileges, but your meeting expectations is not one of them and guess what... You can always STOP PAYING.
    • Up x 2
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

Perhaps. However, I have much respect for people who are willing to work hard to fix their mistakes. Sure, they rank below people who never make any mistakes at all, but those people don't exist, so... yeah...

I've worked in a small office environment for 6 years doing web development and tech support. I've screwed up and been yelled at. I've screwed up and gotten other people yelled at. I've also put in long hours fixing those mistakes.

I know how much it can suck, which is a level of empathy you and others like you are apparently missing entirely.
    • Up x 1
  7. Daioh

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
    calm down bro
    • Up x 1
  8. Guidaux

I find driving a Lightning much more enjoyable now after the patch. Except for the stutters and getting used to the new colors, I like it!
  9. DoctorWhose

So yeah it was a quick hotfix that completely broke vehicles?

GJ SOE, I never expected anything else from you.
    • Up x 1
  10. madman278

SOE is doing the best they can no need to keep kicking them while their down. Hopefully this will catalyze them to create an open test server so people can do the QA for them. The PS2 community wants PS2 to succeed and SOE should utilize them as a resource with community sponsored GMs and QA testers. I'm sure community GMs will kick hackers faster and more efficiently than paying someone to do so thus solving the hacker problem no matter how many times those hackers "re-sign" up also public QA testers will I'm sure offer much needed feedback on new ideas SOE likes trying so much...
  11. Hatamoto

So where is the hotfix fix?
  12. Belkor

On second though, I'd much prefer people not working odd hours on a weekend and releasing a buggy screwed up patch.
  13. JokeForgrim

Press "M" bring up the map, then press "M" again to close it. Will fix the marker that perma-stays on your screen. Or if you are tech savvy try open the menu and close it. Worked for me.

I know :D
  14. JackD

Iam not, that is why i try to do the stuff right the first time so i don´t need to work on sundays to fix the stuff i broke.
  15. Keiichi25

I'm calm... I just like to beat people with a 2x4 clue bat when they start ranting and raving about how they paid for crap... For a game they are getting for free.

I mean, seriously people... As much as I want the fixes in the game... You all didn't really 'pay' for anything in this game. You and I didn't spend $xx.xx to jump onto it and a monthly fee in order to play it. And the EULA also doesn't allow you all to treat them like crap even if you paid a monthly fee.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy. This is more about common sense. The fact most people are beginning to lack it and think they are 'owned' something.

The 2x4 clue bat here is, "You bought NOTHING." You were not expected to pay ANYTHING in order to play. The Sony Membership thing was not MANDATORY in order to play.

Did you get what you paid for? Well, given the listing of EVERYTHING offered for the membership... YES YOU DID.

Does it mean you have to act like a jerk about the inconvenience? No. Even clubs will revoke membership to members who act like tools. Any organization will try and make allowances because you are giving them money, but there is a limit to how far they will allow people to do things. This also means they can't always accommodate you on everything.
  16. Gary

17. DoctorWhose

18. Syylara

The hotfix you refer to didn't fix a single issue from what I could see and also basically broke every vehicle and turret in the game.

You may now proceed to stick your foot in your mouth...oops, too late.

I weep for humanity's future when I read this "just passively accept being given a pile of horse**** and you'll be much happier with your life" nonsense.
  19. FireKetchup

Come on, stop trying to spin SOE's track record. There are major bugs from beta that still exist. Bit more than 24 hours have elapsed since then.

Exactly this. When we accept mediocrity it just breeds more of it. Why would a developer (or any company) correct its shortcomings when consumers don't care if they're being delivered a jankety product?