Patch is 4.4 gigs!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Feb 2, 2013.

1. St0mpy

a little over 2 if you get full barrel and dont use it for anything else
  2. TintaBux

It's a massive update, not stupid, just allot of stuff.
  3. Fluff

4.4gigs I didn't really care to say 4.5 :p
  4. Fluff

Yes and no about the replacing stuff, I doubt we are increasing the game size by 4 gigs but we are increasing it by some gigs for sure, proof of that would be noticing how the game keeps growing bigger and bigger since beta which is like every other games out there, I see games up to 15 gigs+ out there.
  5. GImofoJoe

Jeez, the game itself isn't that big...
  6. AnotherNoob

With max speed, that would be roughly 13 sec for me ^^
    But sadly with their bandwidth , It took about 3 min :(
  7. LittleDi

This is possible... I don't remember any game having 4 gigs of patch.
  8. chrollo

you must live in south korea
  9. Crysander

Well I get roughly 120-180Kb/s so do the math on that one. -.- Acursed rural internet! From Hells Heart I Stab at Thee!
  10. Xandax

Got it downloaded very fast it seems - must be decent patch servers. Impressive.
    • Up x 2
  11. CommodoreFrank

Well, it's going to be a long wait when I get home from work tonight.
  12. Stew360

Its perfectly justified they hhave redesigned some outpost base walls terrain etc..

Its basically a huge update remember thats in this game how many spanroom you have ? how many facility walls you have ? how many outpost you have ? all this stuff on all 3 continents so yeah its big also they are adding new SMG Ui change etc..etc.. but the most part is due to the redesign of many base outpost and facility walls spawnroom and so on
  13. PandoraAce

Fundamental changes usually come in small packages. Changing values in config and ini files and adding a few lines of code are hardly big patches. While adding more eye candy that's not really fundamental results in 4.4 gigs ;)
  14. Stew360

ive download the 4g in few minutes , you want to wait ages to patch a game try firefall launchers ;) i habve a 60 mbps conection and planetside 2 patchers always patch really really fast
  15. FXRiot

HUD updates sound cool :)
  16. SirBurning

It's the 21st century, are you guys all stuck on Dial-in connections or something? A 4 gb download isn't special..
  17. TintaBux

Took me 10 mins to download it.
  18. Mordrake

19. t31os

Going to take 6 hours for me and there i was thinking they did proper incremental patching... :(

Shame they had to patch today, i'd rather be playing right now.... oh well, more game time tonight.
  20. AnotherNoob

Nope, sweden. Just did another speed test at another site, it tells me I have 372,2 mbps down and 562,94mbps up, something is not right...