The LA class is the most over powered class in the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brickwalker, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Brickwalker

pardon me for not playing my maxed certed C4 LA at all times..

I hope I didnt anger you too much.

Infiltrators make more than a one time noise..they make and "in" and and "out" noise when it comes to cloaking,they are easier to track than LA's soft wispy jet pack sound.

least popular class? some how I honestly doubt that.
  2. Talizzar

Even if the C4 had flashing red lights and it was dropped on you, what are you going to do. I have no clue if it sticks to players, never tried it. But if you allow C4 to get dropped on or near you, you deserve to die...

I can see an emote for this: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww get it off me NOW!!!!!!!!! with the guy jumping around flapping his arms and shaking his head all around.
  3. fish998

Make them louder then, but I don't think it'll change anything. People just don't look up, and people struggle to aim up. And a lot of the kills you get is people who aren't paying any attention to what's going on, or people who you can easily outwit just by flying over a roof, to a window or going through a door they don't expect you to come in through. You don't balance based on that.

How about an Inf 1-shotting you stood on a ridge 200m away when you're in a hectic base fight, you think that's fair?
  4. thelonegamer16

look in the road map. and no we dont want this in this game :D
  5. {joer

It doesn't stick to maxes, so no on players as well.
  6. JokeForgrim

I agree 100%, I want an underbarrel shotgun on my shotgun!
    • Up x 1
  7. Minsc

I was not making fun of you in any way for having 2 bricks of C4. I was only impressed by how much you are willing to invest into a class you don't play as your primary. Just the fact you have 2 bricks shows that you have some commitment to light assault as a class. No criticism meant and I apologize for you somehow thinking I meant that.

Anger? Not at all. Infiltrators need tweaking, a lot of it in fact. But choosing to take that out on LA is too much

Ok, they have a 2 time noise -- in and out -- my bad. We make a noise while using it constantly, hence why it is easier to track (assuming you hear it). Tracking someone by sound with only an in or out is a pain unless they stay in the area they in/out. I've had entire squads running around a base looking for one infiltrator because they will cloak/uncloak at vary different locations each time. It can be used tactically. LA are much easier to track, again assuming you hear them (which some people cannot for some reason), because you hear them the entire flight.

I have heard many LA. Maybe because of my headphones, maybe because I am attuned to it as a LA, maybe because I've messed with my sound settings, maybe because it's just loud enough to hear. I'm not going to say which, it should be audible on all machines by default, but not louder than the current infiltrator sound. We have this noise constantly, just imagine having the cloak sound going literally all the time you are using cloak. That's what that would do to us: make us unable to surprise anyone, ever. So completely useless as a class.

In the community design meeting last week, Higby stated that they are basing which class gets revamped first mostly on popularity:
    [around 1:46:30, but he talks a little about cloaking a minute or so before that]
  8. Intolerant

No, we really don't. I'm really starting to question the competence of the development team, though.
  9. Minsc

I think it was just a random idea they had that fit the idea of the light assault. No one in the light assault forums or reddit want dual wielding actually. So hopefully the devs continue to listen to us, and don't add it.
  10. Antich

What is the point of using a infiltrator whos ability is cloaking when everybody can see you and it also make a noize for everybody in 20m range to know you are around?
    • Up x 1
  11. MurderBunneh

Whats the point of running around completely invisible and shooting people in the back that have no idea you are there? Seems lame and cheap to me.
  12. PharmD

Of course LA is OP; it's Higby's favorite class. In fact, it's getting some buffs soon according to the 6 month plan.
  13. Antich

And that is the main problem. Infiltrators at this point have nothing else to do that try shooting ppl in the back cause:
    1. hacking is useless 90% of the time and unrewarding
    2. ppl kill terminals anyway
    3. facing any other class = death cause of the 100hp penalty
    4. subpar weapons
    5. they can see you any way if you are in front of them even cloacked ..they can start shooting, you must take time to uncloak
    • Up x 2
  14. cardboardbacon

I agree with you, but nerfing the LA isn't going to solve the issue. A nerf would just result in not one, but two classes who can't properly perform their intended roles.

As you can tell from this thread, even LA players agree that the infiltrator should be first in line for a revamp.
  15. jak

I actually would have agreed with the OP if his thread were "LA does the infil's job better". But then he posted what he did and I hurt myself reading it.
  16. bodmans

basicly this^
    ive read this entire thread now and have come to the following conclusion
    1. the OP must stop defending his socalled ''fact'' and admit what really was going on. this because he reminds me of early TF2 snipers yelling at how the spy should be nerfed. later on they learned how to evade and counter spies.
    2. i think the cloak and jetpack noises should be evened out(or at least cloak sound reduced) to make infils more infil. though my main classes now have been engy and HA(engy because most of my certs are in vehicles and aircraft, and HA because i needed survivability for practicing aiming)

also let me point out what would happen if the devs were to follow exactly what ''your kind of people'' would suggest:
    1. an empty game in which it takes 5 mags, full headshots, to kill someone. where every footstep and action would be announced by a gong etc
    2. an empty game in which every single bullet from whatever gun causes a nuke that clears an entire hex

ive had more on my mind whilst reading this thread, but i wont bother you with that.
    also ive seen your stats at PSuniverse(dont mind if its your main, but it does carry your acc name), im practically not very skilled YET at this game, but even your stats are pretty much worse than mine(with you having 72 more hours played)

i think ive said enough, though i would like to point out the amount of NC and TR posting in the thread, CMON Vanu show your face
  17. SgtRolling

I'm not bad at LA, I just think that not having a utility by default and being forced to use ****-tons of certs to get one is kinda lame. Either they should start with (one stick) of C4, or give them some other useful tool.
  18. MasterChiefette

LA to me is the special ops of PS2. They can get behind enemy lines. Cause chaos, blow **** up, kill people with knives in the dark. LOL!
  19. Autarkis

I agree that LA is cert-intensive to get to an optimal loadout, but with the grenade bandolier, two sticks of C4, a carbine with NV, underbarrel shotgun and upgraded jetpack, they are very, very powerful. It doesn't seem entirely out of balance to me. I say this as a fairly frequent LA player.

I do wish that they had a tool, like an airstrike beacon, prox radar or laser targeter, to contribute to the team more directly.
  20. Vortok

LA is strong when used by any player that has an inkling of what to do with the movement options jump jets provide.

A class that isn't HA is good at fighting people, nerf it nerf it nerf it!