[Suggestion] Anti-personal mines could use a small tweak.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnknownSolder, Jan 31, 2013.

1. UnknownSolder

I think they should be changed so you can NOT place them in spawn tubes or even spawn rooms. There is a 0% chance of avoiding one placed close enough to a spawn tube to explode when you spawn without even taking a step. And unless you have flak armor chances are you will die from it. So perhaps only allowed outside of "safe zones"?
  2. UrMom306

yup the nc on jaegar are notorious for this, on any biolab they load up all the teleport tubes and jump pad landing pads...attack the base, bam dead.
  3. SgtRolling

Yeah, I'm TR on jaegar, and the damned rebellious dogs tend to use infiltrator to sneak up in front of the spawn room, and throw one down killing usually 2-3 people. They need to have no place zones/make explosions not go through spawn shields.
    • Up x 1
  4. UnknownSolder

It sucks so bad to spawn into a place and BOOM... Killed by - AP mine. Nice... didn't even finish loading screen yet.

Although if they place a invincible timer on you for a short time after spawn this hopefully will help with spawn tube ones and most likely spawn room ones. Still little crazy that after the base changes over a handful more will die due to these mines being in the spawn rooms.
  5. Hosp

While I haven't had this issue, I'll approve of the solution.
  6. Ghosty11

The explosions leaking through the shields is the problem, not the fact that they can be placed outside the doors. If explosions didn't leak through the shields you wouldn't have players exploiting this bug with C4, AT mines, AP mines and Grenades. Placing AP mines in suspected avenues of approach is exactly what they are designed for, and if I get killed by one then I congratulate the player that placed them, and kick myself for not being more careful.

As for the issue of spawn tubes, spawn rooms and jump pads. I say they are all fair game. On base capture I personally don't rush into spawn rooms, because of mines, instead I'll wait for someone else to rush in and get killed. If I am the first in, I'll move slow looking for mines and clear any I find. Mining a base jump pad or the doors to a control point sounds like smart base defense to me, and considering how bad base design is, it's about all you can do.

So in closing, watch your step. I personally drop mines anywhere I go.

PS - I play on Jaeger as well, but as VS. ;P
  7. UnknownSolder

I have no problem with them outside spawn rooms on jump pads places like that are fine. However many times upon teleporting into a bio lab or spawning into a base we just captured immediately die due to a AP mine placed in or so close it might as well be inside the spawn tube that you don't have a chance to avoid them at all. I can't shoot/evade it if I am still in loading screen and haven't taken a step yet.
  8. SgtRolling

Im more reffering to when spawn rooms are being camped, they can place them outside of the door, and kill people inside.
  9. Wasdie

I hate anti-personnel mines that kill you in one hit regardless of where they are placed. They ruin fun and are extremely frustrating. I've hated them all of the way back to Delta Force 2 where you could just plan claymores everywhere.

They weren't terrible in Planetside 1 because they didn't instantly kill you unless you jumped right ontop of a minefield. There they were far more of an area denial weapon than they were an instant killer and thus a lot less frustrating to deal with yet they still had a vital role on the battlefield.

Going from full health to zero health because somebody placed a mine in a doorway that you couldn't see is frustrating. This game isn't supposed to be slow and methodical. When you are under fire, you gotta run to cover ASAP. Getting killed by a mine while trying to evade enemy fire is extremely frustrating.
    • Up x 2
  10. siiix

its already been done , they will only give you 25XP for the kill, witch makes them to expensive 75infantry points for 25xp is not a good trade off

you just have to wait a few more days

I usually put then in front of spawn rooms , and i can tell you i will RARELY do that for 25xp... so rest assured it will drop at least my 90% if not more

--------------

NO OTHER CHANGE NEEDED !!!!!!
  11. Wasdie

Do you think these kind of spawn campers care about EXP? No they only care about their K/D ratio.
  12. UnknownSolder

Yes I see spawn rooms as the warp gate you should be safe in there not die by C4, Tank mines, AP mines, anything that can harm you before you leave the spawn room.
  13. Ghosty11

Don't spawn inside the base spawn room that has just been capped over to your side until it has been properly cleared. As for teleporters, why are jump pads ok, but not teleporters? If you are so worried about mines and there are/were enemies in the base you should probably be worried that every stairwell, cap point point, or any other avenue of approach has the possibility of being mined.

I really don't see the problem. Be more careful if you are constantly dying to mines. I get careless and die to them too, I don't blame the mines and call for nerfs, instead I adjust my game play and try to play smarter.
  14. UnknownSolder

Anyone who cares about their KD score in this game shouldn't. Suicide counts against you, team members killing you counts against you, placing a engineer turret on a landing pad and not even standing on it counts in your favor. A gen blowing up your team mates counts against them. There are so many things that count against you that KD score isn't a good representation on how good of a soldier you are. If you play the entire game healing people and repairing people and have a KD of .08 doesn't always mean you are tend to loose in fights.
  15. Ghosty11

LOL ok. I rig spawn rooms right before my side loses a base, then sit in the back of the spawn room and watch 5-10 spawn room campers rush in and die all at once. I don't do it for K/Dr, since I die in the process, but it's so funny watching all these idiots die at once. I'm sure that those people running in are doing nothing but attempting to pad their K/Dr.

If you play dumb then you deserve to die.
  16. UnknownSolder

Jump pads are outside of spawn rooms where enemies shouldn't be able to hurt you. However a teleporter is inside this "safe room" as well as spawn tubes being inside a "safe room". If i haven't followed the zerg or know that place was just capped and deploy in how would I know there could be one in there? Its unfair to be able to place them in a room that is considered safe to spawn into. Now right outside the door to the spawn room where I can run into them is my own fault but spawning on top of one that there is no way of avoiding is not. I can land around a jump pad using WASD but I can't spawn into a spawn room ahead of the spawn tube using WASD to avoid possible danger. So I should only spawn at sundys if I am unsure what base has just been capped to avoid these mines? Or how about they can only be placed outside teleport rooms and spawn rooms so new spawns don't die before loading screen is up. Makes more sense to me to designate a spawn/teleport room as safe like it should be.
  17. Bloodlet

While I haven't placed them inside spawn tubes I do place them in spawn rooms as sort of a final FU! to the attacking forces. You know when the base flips and they all rush in to get some last kills. When defeat is imminent I place them down and then redeploy so they can't get me. I like getting that kill spam when I am safely away at a new base. :)

I could live without them being placable in spawn tubes like making them instantly explode but I would have problems with not being able to have them in spawn rooms.
    • Up x 2
  18. UnknownSolder

So if you could place it just outside the shield of the spawn room the same thing would still be accomplished but the spawn room needs to be a safe room for new spawns. Yeah if you blow up on your rush into the spawn room that is fine with me. But only if the mine is placed outside the spawn room. Even 1 inch outside the spawn room is fine with me enough you could stand inside safe and place it outside is fine. Just not inside anywhere tube or not.
  19. Ghosty11

If they were "safe rooms" then SOE would have made like the warp gates where could you not be damaged. I don't know of any base that has a teleporter inside a spawn room. The only safe room that has a teleporter is the biolabs, which have to be flipped outside the biolab. If you flip the satellite base and immediately run in the teleporter (btw either side of the teleporter can be mined) then that's your problem. I can pretty much guarantee that if they couldn't be placed in these areas you would still die if they were placed outside of the doorways to these areas. Most people don't bother looking for mines until after they have been killed by them a few times. Also you could equip the flak armor and not worry about being killed by AP mines. So again I'll say that if you are dying to mines it is 100% your fault. Stop asking for nerfs.
  20. BalogDerStout

I thought this thread was going to be another BS complaint like tank mines, but no actually I support not being able to place infantry mines in spawn rooms, even though I do it.

I think it's funny to have someone who just took the base you were defending to spawn in it and die, plus it's an easy kill. But it's also cheap and totally unfair, so I support the fix.