FPS not affected by Setting?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by zealluck, Jan 29, 2013.

1. zealluck

When I play the game on all high setting 1900x1080, my fps goes to around 30, which will drop to 25 when battle gets hot.
    Now that's not a problem, since my graphics card isn't that great.
    But the problem is that when I run it on all low setting, the fps doesn't seem to change at all.
    Did I lock the fps or something?
    My system is:

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz
    8GB DDR3 1600 + 8gb (I added)
    2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Power Supply 850W
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

now I kinda regret not doing more research on the graphics card when I bought it, I'm ready to grab a 7970.
    Anyone has any idea on why the fps is so low even on the low setting?
    Thanks
  2. BenYeeHua

Yup, the optimize not enough on this game.
    And just wait for the patch that coming 1/2 day first.
    If the big patch don't help you, just overclock your Processor to 4.5Ghz.
  3. AdmiralArmchair

Same, regardless of the graphical setting I use my FPS remains the same. (45-55)

Intel i7-3820QM CPU
    8GB RAM 1666
    Intel 180GB SSD
    GTX 675M
  4. sladuog

It was delayed, check the announcements section.
  5. zealluck

CPU is not a problem right? I assumed that my graphics card is the shorty here. I mean i3770k should be on top of the line for the gaming computers, unless you wanna go extreme.
  6. Dragam

I honestly dont think your gpu is the issue... i rather think the low clock of your cpu is... try overclocking it, should greately improve your minimum fps.
  7. zealluck

Yeah, but didn't you see someone with worse graphics card got a much better fps? I just can't stop wandering if I did something wrong. If my 7850 can hold on, I would like to wait until the new series of gpu come out.
  8. zealluck

I will give a shot and let you know how it works out.
  9. Dragam

I dont know if youre familiar with overclocking / have good cooling... if not, best use a guide for it :)
  10. zealluck

got a liquid cooling system. To be honest, 3770k is already overclocked, I'm not sure if I can push it further. And you are right, I'm not familiar with overclock.;) Doing research now!
  11. Alexlightning7

your CPU bottlenecked. I am running max settings because most of the time my CPU is bottlenecking me, even though my card is much, MUCH weaker then yours. I get around your fps when not CPU bottlenecked.

Even the mighty i7-3770k cant run this game at 60 fps.
  12. Dragam

The 3770k is not overclocked as standard, no.

And if you got liquid cooling, you can easily get a 1 ghz OC on it.
  13. AnotherNoob

I have a 3770 (non k), which runs at around 3.7Ghz with turbo boost, which seems to be on all the time according to my gadgets, and I tend to stay around 40-50 fps, down to 30 when the render distance is like 50m (HEAVY pop. density)... Got a GTX670, but almost always cpu bottle necked.
  14. TheAppl3

If it's at 3.5 like your post says then it's at stock clock. 3.9 does not count either, that's the default boost clock. The 3770k does 4.2-4.4 on air pretty easily, 4.6 on water should not be that hard. I do 4.2 at 63C under prime95 with a Hyper212 for reference. This is at 1.16v under load which could go lower but I haven't had the patience lately to fine-tune it.
  15. zealluck

I see, I will over clock it to 4.2 then. By the way, I just overclocked my gpu, which is gives me a 60-70fps now. It's a strange thing because I didn't even overclock much.
  16. zealluck

overclocked it, there is no improvement in fps, but I haven't got into the big battle yet. Still I'm pretty happy with 60-70fps with my graphics card overclocked. Not saying that the problem is solved, I just hope that the patch can make it better.
  17. TheAppl3

Overclocking your CPU won't give you any improvement in areas where your GPU is what's holding you back in the first place. Big battles are all you'll see a change in.
  18. BenYeeHua

Yup, but even for BF3, some player also overclock their CPU and found some improve of the FPS.;)
    And for the bad optimize of this game(and also some game like GTA4), overclock is the best way player can be do to improve the FPS.
  19. TeeBagit

I had plenty of problems with performance being cpu bottlenecked and did everything short of overclocking my rig simply because I did not have adequate cooling for the cpu. Every setting I changed made no difference at all, and to this day I'm convinced that the game runs better when I don't change anything in the user options file. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I went and bought this huge Noctua cpu air cooler for just under $100 so I could overclock and surely enough it worked. I OC'd my cpu to about 4.6GHz and now the game runs at a solid 40+ fps on high graphics setting,max rendering. So yep, overclocking was my "Miracle Patch"

Now it says I'm GPU bottlenecked, which I would expect since I'm using and old 285 GTX, but I could care less now that I get a solid 40+ fps. I did have a 660ti but lost it learning a good lesson about dropping screws inside a case during a build and forgetting about them.
  20. Attrifailla

I'm on sevenx64, Dualcore E8600@4.0 (original 3.3), GTX570, 4giga ram with 1900x1200 resolution
    I have tested multiple optimisation and I have finish per modify the useroptons.ini because I had sometimes 15 fps...
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    LightingQuality=0
    EffectsQuality=0
    TerrainQuality=0
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=0
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    Since this, I have generally 25-30fps+ when big fight and 100fps in the area when you launch the game
    This night, I have OC the cpu to 4.5, and i have see significative improvement.

Maybe you can do this?