[suggestion] Anti-Material Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hellhammer, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Hellhammer

The Nanite Systems Anti-Materiel Rifle (NS-AMR) uses the devastating 14.5mm round, for long range sniping support. It is a single-round, deployable weapon, used for “hard”, and “soft” targets. – 1500 cert points

Field of view: 90 degree front arc

Rate of Fire: 3 seconds

Max ammo: 15 rounds

Ammo types:
    *Standard ammo: 900 damage on infantry, 900 damage on armor. Slightly more damage versus infantry, with the ability the ability to also damage vehicles.
    *Anti-Armor ammo: 700 damage on infantry, 1500 damage on armor. The most damaging ammo type versus “hard” targets, with the drawback of less damage to “soft” targets – 500 cert points
    *Anti-Infantry ammo: 1500 damage on infantry, 700 damage on armor. The most damaging ammo type versus “soft” targets, with the drawback of less damage to “hard” targets. This ammo type will kill infantry with one shot to the chest – 500 cert points

Barrel Attachments: None

Optics:
    10x Scope
    12x Scope
    IRNV Scope

Further clarifications:
    In order to deploy, the sniper must find a proper spot, much like a mana turret (Not all surfaces will allow for the use of this weapon). When deployed, the sniper will take on a crouched, fixed position, and though immobile, the sniper will be able to use his/her cloak ability to reduce perpetual threat.

Note ~ I'd like to thank everyone for all their input on this idea from my original thread, and hopefully we will see it happen
    • Up x 2
  2. Hellhammer

..forgot to add that the rifle can not be fired unless deployed
  3. Steamed

No anti tank snipers... please
  4. ArcMinuteLight

Anti-Sundy/Galaxy Snippar please!:D
  5. Kalocin

To be honest, I would not be surprised if I saw engineers get it as a turret.

I mean there's already a new turret in the mix apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/mgd4Bqi.jpg
  6. Good_Kitty

I hope we will be sappin those sentrys
  7. ArrowRL201

The RAMS, Parallax, and Longshot are pretty much already antimateriel snipers. They certainly have the damage and the range.
  8. Hellhammer

Steamed - it does damage to infantry too, so it's not just an anti-tank sniper rifle

Arrow - they don't damage heavily armored vehicles, which is what this rifle is all about *in addition to* a harder hitting sniper rifle
  9. ArrowRL201

I think you're confusing "anti materiel rifle" with "anti tank rifle". Antimateriel rifles are meant to disable things like sensitive electronics and lightly armoured vehicles, not tanks. They might damage a landed airplane and turrets, which they already do - I've actually once managed to snipe an Engineer. I missed the Engineer, hit his turret, and the whole turret went up, killing the Engineer and the turret.
  10. Hellhammer

Arrow - from you same link..."Anti-materiel rifles are similar in form and appearance to modern sniper rifles and can often serve in that role..." The ammo used would dictate the role of the weapon, that's why there are 3 types listed.
  11. Hellhammer

/bump high-five
  12. Weirdkitten

No. No non-headshot one hit kills, no anti armor rifles. Just no.
  13. ArcKnight

can someone tell mewhat happened to the anti-armor ammo, I know it was there in BETA so why was it removed ?