Please don't introduce SMG's next

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sinist, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Darlith

Thats mostly because of ttks in this game, in PS1 they worked out okay (at least the later versions) because it took more damage to kill people, 3 grenades from a 6 shot grenade launcher with relatively slow firing rate or a full clip of rocklets was fairly balenced. They weren't killing weapons so much as denial weapons.

With the fast ttks and lack of real doors and chokepoints in bases there is at the same time no need for a denial weapon and they would end up being made too powerful by the Devs this game has. You just know the Devs in this game would make a thumper that fired the same grenades as we toss without considering the end result, or else go the other way and make it so it would take a full clip of grenades from the launcher to take away the sheilds of an enemy.
  2. Onetoo

Some people don't want SMGs added because they have an irrational compulsion to unlock everything, whether they would actually use it or not?

SERIOUSLY?

I hope SOE adds 100's of guns I will never use, just so you have to play online with me for years in a futile attempt to pokemon all the possible items in the game.
  3. Egonieser

Read it Here
  4. R-A-B

Actually they do. Let me explain. Infiltrators originally has a thrid type of cloak that was basically permanent if they did not move, they also got shotguns. Whilst amazingly effective at actually Infiltrating it was deemed, rightly so, as OP and removed as an option.

SMGs can bridge that gap by making infiltrators more effective in that role again without being cloak cannons. I assume that they are released to all classes because, like you said, they don't really add anything drastic but they can be played with if you want.

In essence its an infiltrator buff package that allows all classes to play with the toys so nobody feels like they were just "ripped off".
  5. Yoshis95

If you actually played the game you would know you can unlock all the guns without money by just playing the game except for the gamestop special edition NS rifle
  6. Goden

I think you need to read the OP again. This has nothing to do with unlocking anything - it has to do with adding more weapons which do the exact thing thing as existing weapons rather than adding things which add something new and fresh.
  7. Littleman

Hrng... not sure how I feel about this thread. I mean, it's nice that people actually use search but uh... time stamps, read 'em before posting when using search. You might necro a thread once... or twice.
  8. Slifar

Actually I would guess it would fire the same things as the underbarrel launchers. Those grenades are VERY effective for suppression, denial, and dispersion, but have a fairly small kill radius and are stopped by having only 1 or 2 ranks in Flak Armor, unless you get nailed in the face with it (Headshotting people with grenades is very lulzy). at the same time, they CAN kill if placed in good spots and can be quite devastating if used correctly and left unchecked, ESPECIALLY if you also have the high ground (These things make defending the Crown super lulzy, as there's very few spots to stuff a Sunderer that you can't bombard with grenades, and there's resupply terminals nearby too if your ammo box stops giving you shells)

And as people have said, the SMG's are OBVIOUSLY for the Infiltrators. I kind of thought this was obvious to people o_O

Edit: Also I don't think this is THAT bad of a necro.... The thing's only 10 days old with 5 pages. About in that grey area of if one should or should not, me thinks. Personal opinion, at least lol
  9. Slifar

EDIT: Forums clipped and double-posted, super funtimes
  10. mina5

a lot of crying because they add new stuff ?!
  11. Goden

a lot of people posting stupid comments without actually reading the OP ?!
  12. mina5

i was anwsering to the comments ...... not the op . and yes smg's are really good , new guns is good
  13. THUGGERNAUT

SMGs are coming like it or not. why waste time fixing/balancing/improving existing weapons when you can make $7 each off new ones?