Are freakin Anti Personal Landmines supposed to be INVISIBLE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McDonaldsMaster, Jan 27, 2013.

1. McDonaldsMaster

Because I swear...sometimes they are...I freakin have video proof.

And PLEASE SOE, buff the TR's visual appearance or nerf the other 2 factions.

it's super not fair. Seriously. The NC and VS landmines are FLAT like a pancake its hard to see.

But wtf....?? The TR are so stupid for making their landmines a sky scraper!

Please, I beg you guys, do something about this!
    • Up x 5
  2. Cougarbrit

Do you mean the NC and VS?
  3. McDonaldsMaster

WOW! yes yes yes, thanks! I'll edit it now! haha
    • Up x 1
  4. Diamond Sword

They are flat as hell and similar color to floors so even if they aren't invisible, they can be hard to spot. Also, I have noticed with my own stuff that they sometimes clip through the ground slightly. They may also be affected by the same rendering issues infantry have.
  5. Badname3073

It's antipersonnel, yo dolt
  6. McDonaldsMaster

Hahaha, thanks Badname3073! I will edit it!!!!!!! I am happy to hear other people agree that.....NC and VS have the best land mines...... Lol crap, I cant edit the title. Oh well!
  7. AnnPerkins

yeah, TR gets shafted every which way from Sunday but try and mention that we need help and the NC moarbufz patrol comes knocking.
  8. Total_Overkill

I find that visually, prox mines load slow... just like ammo towers when your cruising over a base in a scythe >.>
  9. centurionvi

Mines have a habit of falling through the floor, and since NC and VS mines are flat, this renders them invisible, however since the TR claymore sticks up a foot out of the ground it can still be seen.
  10. McDonaldsMaster

Please, who is with me?! To get this fixed? It's SUPER not fair and pissess me off all the time.

I take a big deep breath and sigh..becuase I cannot believe what just happened. I MIGHT make a video displaying how terrible it is.
    it's such a shame when a brave bad *** warrior (me) dies OVER THAT OVER POWERED TRAP!
  11. EvilKoala

+1 TR mines are reterded and clipping through the floor needs fixed
  12. EvilKoala

13. Brok9000

All mines can be seen, if you can't see em its a bug.

TR mines get the shaft though, no arguing that. They should be flat like the NC and VS, end of story. Heck its upright and has green antenna. Martian mines suck-a**.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mustarde

Agreed. Can't believe this made it through beta and hasn't been mentioned at all in the roadmap or by any developer (that I have seen) for being grossly unbalanced.

It is especially impossible for these mines to be detected when placed on stairwells (i.e. crown tower). I have died numerous times trying to infiltrate - and being completely unable to see or detect a VS or NC mine. Sometimes I will catch one and blow it up, most of the time not.

It is frustrating, difficult if not impossible to counter and very imbalanced across factions. I think the TR claymore is how they all should be - visible yet still capable of killing infantry that aren't paying attention. If the claymore were replaced with a small flat gray mine, it would just make everyone miserable over this poorly thoughtout weapon.
    • Up x 3
  15. McDonaldsMaster

NICE!!!!!!

YES! SOE! PLEASE Only punish those who "deserve it" for not paying attention! THOSE people should be punished!

But those who walk and are cautious DESERVE to be rewarded and have their life extended. Please SOE, I beg you.
    I believe if you made all the land mines stand up like a Sky Scraper your game would be much healthier! (And do not worry! I have killed many people with the TR landmine so landmines won't be useless if they all become like th TR landmine..)
  16. Tasogie

I get as many kills with Claymores as I ever did with NC, its down to you to use your head, an not just drop them anywhere you go. Use some imagination an put them in places people don't automatically look. outside is better
  17. {joer

They often don't render, here is one of the many examples, this is a VS one...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121334847

I've only seen a VS one rendered properly playing the other side TWICE. I've seen it like this dozens of times playing a VS.

Even Claymores will sometimes do this, but I've only seen it once.
  18. EvilKoala

I don't see why they don't make prox mines common pool. Keep all 3, but change the functionality.

Claymore - Same functionality but add direct damage to the explosive damage.. These are explosively driven projecile weapons afterall. And remove the lasers

Bouncing Betty - Make them taller so they're easier to spot. Add a detonation delay after being triggered so if a player is running by, they'll take less damage, but if they are moving slowly or stopped, make them do more than default damage.

Proximity Mine - Change the name to "AP Mine" and make it a pressure sensitive mine. It should be the hardest to spot but require a player to physically step on them.
  19. Tasogie

So you want class defining weapons to be nerfed, because you dont wanna wear Flak armor?.... no thanks Mines are perfectly balanced.

Flak Armor
    NVG scopes
    Common sense...
    All these things instantly make you immune to mines.
    • Up x 2
  20. LameFox

Mines (and antipersonnel mines in particular) have a way of sinking into the floor. So no, they're not actually meant to be literally invisible.

And the TR ones are meant to be very visible, just 'cause.