Am I the only one who wishes killing an MBT/Liberator meant something?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poobah, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Mattressi

This, very much. It's like losing a football/soccer finale, then grabbing the cup and running off shouting that you aren't just going to hand them their victory on a platter.
    • Up x 1
  2. Brok9000

This wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that XP = certs, and we need a ton of cert points in PS2.

So yes, it is annoying as hell. You make a great win for your team but get rewarded like you simply blew up an abandoned engi turret.

There are problems with simply increasing a vehicle's XP worth so I'd go with you get some % XP for any players who abandon and subsequently die in a suicide fashion, if you have damaged the vehicle in any manner. The calculation can be similar to the way they give partial credit already in infantry kills.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tasogie

I never said it was bad, an dont talk like a bloody idiot. I stated word for word "exactly" what I meant. and I stand by it. If you want to shoot him down an make sure you get "paid" for the kill, then you need to work together to do it. This is not COD, an Rambo doesn't really work that well.
    I have no need of certs? hmm interesting, now I know that I am glad I no longer need to play more than 10 misn a day, awesome!!....

As for me farming with rocket pods, LOL try it sometime it is not half the farm you think it is. I have hit 1 single infantry with over 30 rockets to kill him many times, an don't waste my time with childish insults of "you sux brah" or whatever els you come up with. I dont care.... Rockets are just fine as they are.

I think you just want garenteed easy win, no need to work with anyone els type game play. PS2 is not that game thank ****.

Your generation really dont like being responsible for themselves do you. You really need the Dev's to hold your hand an play for you. Where as I go out an just play for myself. Now, to make this easy for you to decide, click on my name "Tasogie" right hand side of window it says "Ignore" PLEASE!!! for love of crap click it.....
  4. NoctD

If you stick at it, the timer will get them soon enough. But yes its not very rewarding directly - but for the meta of your faction, it counts.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tasogie

The game does pay you for a win. you get exp from the aircraft blown up, if you want to kill the pilot, then kill him... It is down to you that you didnt. Play with friends instead of trying to be bleedin Rambo.

As for me being "Cod" gamer HA! I have self respect an at my age I don't enjoy playing with 14 year olds.As far as whos job it is to reward someone.... It is my job to stop you being rewarded, as I am sposed to stop you gaining advantage in game, thats whole reason for fighting. You fight to win an you fight to stop others gaining ground.
    I make no apologies,as I play the game as it is sposed to be played... To win....
  6. Imnuktam

It is getting to the point where they should revert to (once again) what they had in ps1. Once your plane is under so much say 15% life you cannot eject at all without ejection seat, which would make that a viable purchase for its price and people would start actually killing more than empty shells worth little satisfaction/experience.

They also are going to need to remplement a log out timer to deal with people who are just bailing out and logging. I think about 60% of my air kills do one bail type tactics mentioned so it gets to be discouraging to play.

The other 40 are the ones you kill so fast they dont have a chance.
  7. Baleur

Me too. Or they could simply just increase the cost, it could be a 5min hotfix. Just to try it out for a day.

Imagine if Tanks cost 500. Imagine if ESF cost 400 (they are easier to take out, after all).
    Imagine if libs and sunderers cost 700.

Suddenly you'd have a situation where players ACTUALLY RUN OUT if they just spam and die and fail.
    You'd now have an incentive to do well and keep your bloody vehicle alive instead of suicide rushing.

But no, they won't try a change like that, because that would make too much sense.
    Come on SOE, just 1 day, try it. I promise you the overall response would be massively positive.

(i'm a magrider and scythe junkie, so don't think i'm not biased, in fact i'm biased the other way, and i still think vehicle deaths need to matter)
    • Up x 1
  8. Mattressi

I give up. Good luck anyone else who wants to try to reason with Tasogie. He clearly can't read a post nor form an argument. He thinks there is some magical teamwork way to stop an enemy insta-bail-suiciding and thinks that you should need to work for your aircraft kills, the same way he works so hard for his infantry kills (like firing 30 rockets at one inf...). He thinks rocket pod farming infantry takes skill and is difficult, and shooting down aircraft (but not their pilots) is easy. When you say this to him, he says he didn't say that and can't realise that his own argument points to this conclusion.

And one last time for good measure: Tasogie, what would be so bad (i.e. what negative effects) if SOE made it that you get xp when an enemy you shoot down, suicides?
    • Up x 1