New Roadmap with Plans but guess what?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Blackhand, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Utne

Yep, shelving my infiltrator for now.

If I want to lonewolf I'll just roll with a lol-assault, and if I'm playing with my outfit I'll just roll heavy. Good times pals.
    :(
  2. Stordito

I think we agree on saying infils needs more flexibility on the battlefield.

• CQC can be done but is crippled by clocking mechanics: enemies see you cloaked, cloak time limits movements in larger areas.
    • this class serves no purpose for your empire. you cannot disrupt any major enemy activities (like blow vehicles like all other classes, a must in a vehicl-heavy e game such as PS2), you can just harass enemy players scoring some kills,knowing they will spawn back in few seconds with no effect on the fight balance.you can do that from afar or from close range or a knife kill, the result is the same: you are just not helping your empire directly more than any random grunt. An LA can blow up an AMS with a kamikaze attack...an infiltrator can barely get close unnoticed...and then cannot do anything about it.
    • the class progression is absent. you can get away with a vanilla infiltrator without spending any cert on it and be as effective as it can gets.

An i would add
    • the uncloaked suit is too much colorful and have ligths.
  3. Furian

I swear that half the fun I had as an infil in PS1 was hacking/jacking vehicles. The lack of this ability and a cloaking device that lasts barely long enough to hop from one tree to another really make the infiltrator feel like half the class it should be.

The fact that I don't see anything at all about infiltrators on the 6 month plan (with the exception of the possible cloaking flash) are making me a very sad panda.
  4. Hypersot

you're just the man for a proper conversation, it's so obvious you didn't even bother to read what I wrote....

kk, I'll leave so you can return to your cave

sorry I bothered you guys
  5. VoidC

Hypersot, don't take it personal.
    There are lot of topics here describing a lot of issues, so many ideas and thoughts. And no comments from SOE (roadmap).
  6. Pachins

Understand that there have been attempts to do exactly what you are speaking of Hype and yet we have other classes that have hardly any play time trying to derail the topics. The lack of forum moderation has severally hurt our ability to make clean suggestions and debate them. The lack of sticky posts also hurts as well. There are many things that can be done but I believe the large population of infiltrators who care have given up. And when I say given up I mean tired of typing the same suggestions over and over to keep the ideas fresh at the top of the forum.
    • Up x 2
  7. Brendan

That not the problmes,

That because everyone post here , here wich is the trash can of the idiotic devs.

You want change? reach the devs.

Use twiiter, PSU, GENERAL GAMEPLAY FORUM, Reddit, post in the sticky post where the matt logby posted info about the road map http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/roadmap-and-6-month-plan.83788/, post an unhappy thread in ALL of the road map thread.

Never post again single word here if you didn't in the general forum or technical issue, you are a customer who got half the product you were waiting for. wich have been scammed by a fake trailer showing an invisible infiltrator.

stop being so servile and show then they can't do those kind of **** to us. OR else they won't be afraid to do it again .
  8. Wobberjockey

note the three links in my signature

all three suggestions that would make the inf's life easier, without being infiltrator only suggestions.
  9. Wobberjockey

Fix your attitude bro.

If the player base never tells the dev they are dissatisfied with their product and details what to change, how is the dev going to know how to fix it?
  10. ArcMinuteLight

Look back on the last 5 months worth of threads. Now shut the **** up.
  11. Hypersot

you really need to work out your manners guys

anyway... I've created this thread

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ltrator-and-light-assault.87025/#post-1143449

I believe this is a viable way to prevent further misunderstanding of an infiltrator's role

I'd love to read your opinions there.... in a civilised manner I hope
  12. OldMaster80

Yeah that sucks. I don't see why does LA need a revamp, actually.

As far as I'm concerned the Infiltrator needs a lot of love, but they don't have to make dramatic changes. What I've learned is that we can be effective in long and close range, as long as we use a little tactic and the right weapon.
    What I'd love to see improved:
    1- Grenades: EMP must affect vehicles like in PS1. That was a great tactical weapon, I can't understand why they can't produce their "denial" effect on vehicles and turrets.
    2- Greandes: Decoy. The must do more and cost less, no doubt.
    3- We need a new "Infiltrators-only" target inside bases, or a new kind of game mechanic only for us, something we can be really good at: reducing resources gain for the enemy, stealing resources, jamming communication, marking coordinates, call it whatever you want, we need it.
    4- Once 3 is done, the Stalker Suite would be welcome.
  13. ArcKnight

all i know is that the LA is Higby's fav class, and he's the Creative director to boot