New Roadmap with Plans but guess what?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Blackhand, Jan 25, 2013.

1. VoidC

SMG is fine with hunter cloak.
    Hunter has delay and is easy to spot. We got less shields and almost no benefit from nano weave.
    You got more shields and benefit from nano weave. And you tell us we shouldn't get it?

Furthermore, It is special ops weapon ... perfect for infiltration. SMG is intended to be an infiltrator weapon, because it is light and compact. Good for infiltration.

However, I would be fine with better scout, 50 % more ammo and lower TTK.
    You are right about tools. But then you should live with CD on hacked/non destroyable stuff: Turrets/Vehicles/CapPoints otherwise everyone will reclass for counter hack.
  2. iller

Have you WATCHED any of Higby's live streams?? ...it's always Light Assault.

The "class balance" dev team, is basically everyone who ever wanted to be a really good Scout or Solly in TF2 but was horrible at Meatshotting & Rocket Jumping so they're going to keep buffing the LA until its primary crutch is no longer the Anger Powered Jetpack

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Nimas

While the rest of what you wrote was fine, this just made me cry a little inside. :'(
    • Up x 1
  4. Stordito

i was coming here to post the same thread, agree with OP concerns.
    no love for infiltrators, how sad..so much potential wasted

-Enemy AMS hacking (hack time depends on the cert tree, maxed out is 60 seconds)
    -C4
    -Stalker camo
    -no outline.
    -cloak is disabled automatically if fire is triggered, but takes 5-10 seconds before being usable again.

the sad thing is that infiltrator players are not demanding new fancy features that need to be developed, just unlock the existing one for this class to give more options on the field. It would take MINUTES to makes us happy and the game a little more deeper.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

Me too.... considering that's basically ALL WE'VE BEEN DOING for the last 2 months.
    • Up x 2
  6. Nimas

Its not going to mean much, but i'm going through and thumbs uping all the comments in the LA thread that mention infil should get it first. I may be bashing my head against a wall, but either I'm going to pass out soon (quit) or that damn wall is going to crack
    • Up x 5
  7. icesail

Not surprized
  8. Aalbatross

• Up x 2
  9. Vikarius

everyone tweet higby and put him on the spot?
  10. jshaw

i really wish the infil will get some love soon. i'm tired of having useless cloaking that everyone and their blind dog can see. a full-auto scout rifle that does **** for dmg and a 20 bullet clip. you know when your stealth is bad when you can see another infil 400m away sitting still while cloaked...
    • Up x 1
  11. icesail

And you proceed to head shot him/her.... I know, makes me feel soo bad when I do that to another infiltrator
    • Up x 1
  12. Dr. Euthanasia

Oh, what, you mean like this? Or maybe this? Should I make yet another massive thread that describes my thoughts on the class in meticulous detail, just so the developers have yet another plea to ignore?

Take a look around. This class is in the gutter and everyone here knows it.
  13. Hypersot

ok.. maybe I wasn't clear on what I meant about a proper thread

what I proposed is a pure [suggestion] thread, not an xx pages long thread that has ideas in random places within it , also don't forget that those posts sound more like complaining rather than a suggestion

what I mean is a proper structured post with all your ideas within -maybe the ideas with the most votes from you?- along with priorities and stuff

sorry if I offended you guys but there's too much complaining around, I only wished everyone could see your ideas summed up in a "cleaner" manner... having said that, it would be nice to see a stickied post for every class with all the players' ideas summed up ;)

I know what infiltration is, and indeed if we talk on real-life terms infiltrators are more like the LAs in this game, but this is not real life.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd prefer infis to be a unique -yet much needed- class and to be unique means to distinguish themselves form the other "attacking" classes by doing something completely different ie. sabotage and havok creating behind lines
  14. Dr. Euthanasia

You're asking the impossible. Not everyone on this forum unanimously agrees upon what the Infiltrator needs - some people think the stealth is "mostly fine", others like myself think that it's a miserable abomination. Some people want more powerful CQC weapons, some people want more ways to avoid combat instead. The only thing that remains nearly constant is that nobody is content with how the class is right now. I couldn't summarize every opinion of every Infiltrator player here even if I tried, and even if I did, a huge number of the suggestions would actively contradict each other.

The most I can do, for this class and for this forum, is to provide deconstructions of the Infiltrator's problems and let everyone decide for themselves what they think the best solution is. I can't tell anyone what to think - at best, I can foster a greater understanding than "I don't think my class is good" so that we get meaningful discussion rather than the useless complaints you're talking about.
  15. Hypersot

ahhh. but there you see, if you can't decide what's best for the class summed up, how can you expect for the devs to make a decision for you?

by voting on what this class *really* needs and pass them up to the devs you will have something solid to demand from them
  16. Vaphell

People were demanding better AA and there were dozens of ideas all over the place and yet better AA is a fact.
    Do you really expect random people on the internet to be a single unified voice? That happened... never.

We are unified enough to announce that the class has an identity crisis, even schizophrenia (long range weapons vs touch range uncloaked hacking) and has very poor exping capabilities.
    I'd love to see the distribution of BRs of all classes, the distribution of xp of each class (capping/kills/class specific abilities) and xp/hr for each class. I think infidels would be pathetic.
  17. Dr. Euthanasia

Of course I can decide what's best for this class. Do you think everyone here is going to agree with me?

A vote won't even come close to summarizing people's feelings about the Infiltrator.
  18. Hypersot

by "you" I meant it as a plural for all infiltrator lovers out there :)

and to answer Vaphells post. I believe that voting will bring the most urgent needs for the class, that's why voting is for to bring forth the most important things

I have a feeling that you underestimate the power of your voices for this game.

I'm amazed how many things the devs have put in the game just by listening to the community and btw. I'm definitely *not* a fanboy, actually I was always the opposite, like fighting the fanboys, but now I can see there's some good work being done here

... Maybe bringing forth your ideas in a structured fashion will be a good move from your part
  19. Gadamlu

one thing that can be agreed upon by all infiltrators (not snipers) across the board, on every faction...is that we need a lot more work and love than what the devs are giving us...

lets see, in the six month plan we have

SMG's for everybody

come March, we get new pistols for everybody

some other time, theres the possibility of a more better and stealthy flash, yet on that one most people are saying "NO" to the stealth parts of the flash.

all in all, some common pool things that can help with the infiltrators, but Nothing directly for the infiltrator itself
  20. Pachins

Please stop wasting our time. If you have not kept up with the infiltrator forums then there is no reason for you to be here. Go play the OP Heavy and stay out of our forum. There are plenty of suggestion posts that the Devs could have commented on and yet did not. We have spent enough time here and need not waste anymore.