New Roadmap with Plans but guess what?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Blackhand, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Blackhand

So we have the new "Roadmap " section of the forums that seems to lists ideas they are working on, but guess what?

Don't really see anything in regards to Infiltrators....however, apparently Light Assualt is getting a revamp.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/march-class-revamp-light-assault.82988/

I just feel like Light Assualt gets everything, like it's the Devs favorite class or something, while infiltrators are the red-headed stepchild that nobody wants to show any love to.

What is the deal!?
    • Up x 12
  2. Purple Pooka

Amen to that. I saw the LA revamp, so I was sure that I'd see something mentioning Infiltrator if I kept reading. After all, SOE was thinking about adding Flash specific Infiltrator upgrades. If they were recognizing that our class played differently, then surely they would be aware that wer're in an akward place as a class. But... Nope. Not a thing about Infiltrators beyond the Flash comment.
    • Up x 4
  3. Smokeshot

I know right, i got two downvotes for politely suggesting that we get fixed before a better version of us does....
    • Up x 4
  4. VoidC

Its a shame ... but SMG is our last hope. Even this hope stand under high criticism, being a replacement of every weapon for every class in short range combat. Maybe SOE will make it fast ADS weapon with higher TTK compared to carbines.

Everyone is afraid to give infiltrators (not snipers) some love ...
    • Up x 2
  5. Mibeshu

Both the MAX and the LA are getting revamps but you're right, there's nothing about the infiltrators getting anything. I'm not normally one to get angry but this is absolute ********. The infiltrator desperately needs some love. This forum is filled with people asking for something to be done to it ever since beta but it's just feels like we're being ignored.

I'd like some sort of sign to show that we're being listened to at least. **** the LA, I want my infiltrator to work properly. I barely even play infiltrator anymore because 90% of the time all I can do is snipe. Vehicles are a no go, turrets are often too hard to take (high population battles) and terminals only do so much good before they are destroyed to turned back to nme hands.

I've held my peace since beta. I've had faith that the devs are working on something for us. I've been patient long enough. Give me my god-damned ******* infiltrator!

[count to 10...it's only a game...it's only a game...it's only a game...]

Give us what we want or I'll take off my belt and by-gum my trousers will fall down!

[/vent]
    • Up x 3
  6. SharpLight

You are getting a cloaked Flash, SMG, stat boosts (e.g. lower footsteps) and heavy pistols, what more do you want.
    • Up x 2
  7. Jac70

Infiltrator doesn't need much IMO. They need a quieter cloak so that they can actually get into places without instantly alerting everybody in the vicinity. Plus their EMP grenades should have more functionality - example :- disabling a vehicle for a minute etc.
    • Up x 2
  8. Playful Pony

Wait for the SMG's, I'm sure they will be a welcome adition to any Infiltrator arsenal!
  9. VoidC

Nice, other classes rush this forum to explain us how fine we are ...
    please go away ...

In the meanwhile ... I think I'll go to pop some heads ... you know some "infiltration" .
    • Up x 2
  10. Purple Pooka

Cloaked Flash: Assuming that it's like standard cloaking, it can still be seen perfectly through any kind of Thermal or Infrared scope. Also considering just how loud the standard man sized cloaking field is, I shudder to think about how loud they're going to make a Flash cloak. While we're at it, I assume that any kind of vehicle self-repair functions will be surpressed while cloaked since that's how a standard Infiltrator plays. (I like this idea for the Infiltrator, but it's really no where as strong as it is on paper.)

SMG: If it was Infiltrator specific, then I could easily agree with you. Instead we're just being given a SMG to help compete with the existing SMG arms race. They'll be useful, but now we're also dying even faster to enemy SMGs with anti-Infiltrator scopes.

Heavy Pistols: Those will be a big deal with the proposed Stalker Cloaking, if it ever gets released. This cloak might allow us to use pistols while still cloaked, which was once an idea. Yet under the current situation, it's just the same kind of arms race mentality that we're getting with the SMG.

Stat Boosts: I'm waiting to see the final results before I voice an opinion on the matter.
    • Up x 1
  11. Aimeryan

These forums need the 'downvote to hide' feature, or at least just downvotes.

Anyway, on topic, I feel this is the biggest thing infiltrators at the moment should be contesting - no possible work on the infiltrator until at least after June, if at all? Not acceptable. Not even close to acceptable.

For those of you who feel infiltrator needs some work, any work, please go upvote the posts saying infiltrators need help in the LA Revamp thread (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/march-class-revamp-light-assault.82988/) - otherwise I fear we may be ignored for the foreseeable future.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hypersot

no need to shoot me guys but I feel I need to say this

right now, infiltrators are my worst adversaries... I can manage with any other class just fine, except infiltrators

even as a sniper you have the power to unsettle a whole base just by shooting one random shot to any of your enemies.

I have seen a whole squad staying behind shields, just bc a sniper killed someone outside....... granted, you might say that those inside are newbs or whatever but this is the truth, for every shot you unleash you make your enemies reactions slower trying to spot where the shot came from

imo, infiltrators shouldn't get SMGs. Good ones manage just fine in close combat... but the most important thing is A Good infiltrator should never get in close combat with the enemy . That's why I believe you should get a lot (and I mean *a lot*) more tools rather than weapons
  13. Aimeryan

Hypersot, you got mixed up, what you are talking about are snipers - not infiltrators. Snipers are fine, not one person will contest that - at least not strongly. Infiltrators need a lot of work, however.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hypersot

nope, I haven't mixed up anything... that's why I separated snipers in sniping with infiltrators in close combat

read my comment again and you'll see what I'm talking about.... I'm all for buffing infiltrators but not in close combat weaponry (except one shot knives maybe :))
    • Up x 1
  15. Aimeryan

True, but it didn't read that way :p. Fair enough though, I actually agree I don't think out close range combat needs to be good, but we need things to do that are non-combat related.
  16. Hypersot

yeah, I'm not especially popular for my writing skills :)

maybe it would be a good idea, for all of you infis, to make a proper [suggestion] thread about all the things you'd like to see for your class.

Personally, I'd like all the sounds you make (cloaking, footsteps etc.) to go off, I'd also like special assassination moves as well as stock weapons to come with silencers, not to mention being able to hack non-occupied vehicles to be useless to occupant... and a lot more things

last thing I'd like to see though is an invisible killing machine
  17. Wobberjockey

it's kinda BS that the LA's and the max's are getting some love, but we're going to have to wait till july at the earliest to even get our cloak looked at
  18. Ripshaft

I dont think either class is in dire need of a rework honestly, I love both classes are am immensely effective with both. But if they want to let me dual wield beamers, im all for that.... or omfg those new ns magnums... oh god yes.
  19. Pachins

This is a huge disappointment. If I did not have a bank full of SC I would forget about this game in a heartbeat. We have the largest presence on the forums by far and not a word on the roadmap. Instead of filling this post with anymore negative thoughts I will end it with a :(.

SOE has dropped the ball and I feel that if Higby was truthful about his post related to the roadmap we would be on there.
    • Up x 1
  20. Wren

Max's I agree need something

Light Assault are effective at what they do though, I'm surprised they're taking a look at them first opposed to Infiltrators

Who lack tools to 'infiltrate' effective (easy to spot cloak, lack of effective close quarter combat tools, effective team symbosis, rendering issues, etc)
    • Up x 1