Need help: What's the counter for NC MAXes in a Bio Lab?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, Jan 22, 2013.

1. hostilechild

The long reload time on hacksaws is the biggest weakness. If i don't kill the TR/VS max in the first salvo i will die during reload.

Ways this happens: Start firing before inside 5m, bug and first few shots don't register. There is 2 engineers behind the max :eek:
    TR/VS max is smart and backs away as they fire!!! lastly infantry can KITE a dumb nc max.

One should never try to kiss an NC max :D
  2. PaladinZERO

The solutions is to reduce AI damage on MAX suits. AI weapons do way too much damage on max suits, so much that three infantry firing guns can take one down. (not a NC MAX in a bio lab, but pretty much every MAX) If the AI MAX would do less damage on other MAX suits, that means the NC MAX would be taken down by a dual AV MAX. The dual AV max would be vulnerable to HA, or other infantry, even infs with a can opener. This would restore some balance to the game.
  3. Patooie

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Also...dual AV maxes with one good engie gives better range and chews thru them pretty quickly. At ranges outside of 20m they do almost nil in damage that's easily compensated for by a single engie.
  4. AUSGrizzly

Two Rockets will kill any Maxes so yeah there is that...
  5. Vorpal

With your own MAXe's. The problem is that the anti-infantry VS and TR MAX are terrible and just get mowed down by NC MAXes.
  6. Raital

Cute. Stack a situation heavily in favor of the attackers and then use it to claim something is unstoppable.

I mean, it's not like you can tell or anything a teleporter is getting capped and mine the living hell out of it in advance, or post LA over the entrances with C4, or even get 6 autoshotgun infantry with 6 rez certed combat medics and mop the floor with the MAXs as they come in through the obvious door, or use AP mines spiced with C4, or AP mines spiced with tank mines, since to be fair if they have 6 MAXs and 6 engineers and 6 combat medics you would have at least the same, so you could easily have those engineers lay their 18 tank mines between them in distances that they don't set each other off and use their 12 AP mines to turn the generator room into a literal deathtrap, or even a combination of all these things.

The defenders practicing defense? How silly. Defense is for the attackers!
  7. PyroPaul

Run side ways making sure the MAX is between you and his friends....

Biggest threat to NC MAXes.
    Friendly Fire and Idiot engineers that don't repair them...
    • Up x 1
  8. Gibber

I was in a similar situation and I found dropping an ammopack on one of the side balconies and spamming underbarrel grenades quite effective... and when it glitched I could resupply. This was conflicting for me though because I really wanted to take a team and repair the generator via the roof or maybe slip out the sides and force a group to detach to deal with us. If we succeed maybe hail mary-ing to the teleporter to spawn a sundy underneath while a few stay to bottleneck the door to the shield room. Another option is send and infiltrator to throw down a beacon and everyone in the spawn collectively drop pod around to pressure the points maybe approach from different vectors.

Basically there's a lot of different tactics that might work... the real problem is organizing the push if/when an advantage can be exploited, and deploying out the sides to flank and not the front which generally becomes a kill zone. It's hard to inspire dudes and dude-etts to risk it when the SCU is down... even though the cap means there's no point not to take the risk.
  9. Zhorg

Get an army of light assaults packed with C4 and go suicide yourself until after 30 minutes you kill one of them (if you're lucky).
    Do this for 3 more hours and you might have killed them. But since they probably respawned by then, it's pretty much impossible.
  10. fish998

If the engies are behind them, flank them and kill the engies from behind. Spam a few nades in there and they'll soon be dead. Also there's a lot of ways into that room. You can get close enough to the gen to probably pick off the MAXs with C4 if you come in via the wide stair at the back and jump over the rail. If the MAXs are over by the door, just spam rockets through it.
  11. JibbaJabba

Question: Was this on Jaeger / Amerish by chance?

My outfit isn't big enough to Zerg so we like to show up to huge stalemates then use some coordination and teamwork to break it. I led an attack like you are describing the other day. But to the point..

I run a dual hacksaw max, extended mags. Here is how to beat me solo:
    Range Range Range. The NC max is weak as a kitten at anything beyond 10meters. At 20 meters I can empty both extended mags into a light assault and he'll shrug it off. Seriously I cannot overstate this enough
    Reload time. If I'm smart I'll use one arm at a time until empty. If not then you'll catch me dual-reloading which is enough time to seriously damage me.
    Remember that a MAX does not have a shield that regens. Take your shots, get to cover, regen, rinse repeat. The max will lose the war of attrition.
    Remember that a MAX isn't just any infantry - it costs 100 certs to spawn. For the battle to be equal consider spending the same. Use C-4 or Tank Mines (which can be shot to detonate).
    Use a rocket! Two rockets to the face will drop a full health MAX of any faction.

Solo aside lets talk about your situation. You didn't get beat by MAXs. You got beaten by teamwork. The same thing could have been accomplished with Heavy Assaults. In that case there would have been no need for Engies so you would have been facing more of them. To win you're going to need teamwork of your own. Against the MAX rush:

Reload time - pop out from behind cover in a small group, you'll get hit...probably hard. But instead of taking a shot get back into cover quick so you survive it. Wait 1.5 seconds and have the larger group on the team come out shooting (see above...rockets). It's likely they will catch one or more of the MAXs reloading. This isn't a 1:1 scenario. If you die popping out from cover it's likely overkill took place and 3 MAXs were shooting at you..it's just not possible to coordinate one at a time. Therefore one sacrifice can thwart at least 3 enemies and buy your offense time to work.

Weapons: Rockets...gonna need em. C-4, AT mines might be tough here. But grenades... and I don't mean one. You're acting as a team right? Get at least 4 in there at a time. Also coordinate popout attacks with someone on your team that has a concussion grenade.

Your own MAX - sure it's CQC but your MAXs are still tough enough to take a few hits especially if they have one or more repair beams working on them at a time. That's all it takes to let a group of heavies let fly rockets (work in pairs..that's what it takes to drop a MAX)

Flank - did you have lights firing down?
    Bravery - Were you attacking in groups or doing the usual that I see... going in one at a time while everyone shivers in their boots behind cover afraid of the mean-ole NC MAX? Don't panic so much folks. The NC MAX can be beaten in CQC (trust me). But if you are running around bumping into each other scared to death it won't work. Instead get in there and move quick among them. It is incredibly tough as a NC MAX to avoid friendly fire in CQC... make that job even harder in the chaos of a fight.
  12. Zorro

A good volley of grenades solves anything.
  13. icesail

And if they don't, it is because you did not use enough of them
  14. Intolerant

Rocket pods up the bung-hole.
  15. Zanduh

All you need is a max to hide behind and a heavy assault to shoot 2 rockets at the NC max while taking cover from the NC.

That or a concussive grenade and rockets

Or a AV grenade + 1 rocket

Basically a heavy assault at a range greater than 20m can easily counter these
  16. innociv

C4 or rockets.
    Proxy mines. Grenades.

They have high small arms resist.
  17. THUGGERNAUT

abandon the bio lab, wait 15 minutes for attacking zerg to empty out, then circle back and recapture. repeat for any territory in game, except the crown.
  18. AnnPerkins

c4 doesn't work. It takes a second or two to throw it and detonate. In that time even the most incompetent MAX will walk around the corner and instagib you with his super skillful dual hacksaws. About the only chance you have against them is a pair of heavys suiciding to fire rockets at them. Otherwise they'll just be repaired back to full in seconds.
  19. BengalTiger

What about the most forgotten weapon in the game- engy turrets?

It's not like the MAXs will score headshots from 20 meters too often, and the MG does some serious damage...
  20. LittleDi

Me. I C4 enemy maxes making sure I put one brick on each one. I also ricochet an anti-vehicle grenade at them off a wall. You can't heal what's been blowed up in one shot.
    • Up x 1