The cheating was bad, now it's RIDICULOUS..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quake, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOP-Proto

I would pay the once to verify if the verification option was like this

1. F2P servers - exactly as the game is now
    2. F2P servers where players are verified. You pay £1 to become a verified member and have access to the F2P servers AND F2PVerified servers. SOE uses the details of your email, address, credit card and phone number details to build you up a unique account.

SOE protects the verified servers mostly (still does the FTP ones) but the verified server tickets jump the queue and once people get banned from the verified servers they can never come back to them.

The only cheaters that SOE would be dealing with at this point on verified servers are

1. noobs who cheat and get caught
    2. professional criminals who steal creditcard info making accounts
    3. noobs who buy creditcard info and make accounts

For 99.9% of cheaters they would be on the F2P servers and everyone eventually will move to the F2PV servers.
    • Up x 1
  2. FatSheriff

I sed a lot of people not all! Of course there is hacking it's an online fps, my point was people tend to go straight to "oh he must be cheating there's no way he's better than me"
  3. Aliasse

Pretty sure they pay a pretty penny to hack in a f2play game. So ofc they wouldn't take this type of verification process.

HWID spoofing = Way to avoid the HWID Ban
    Replacing your Hardware around and reformatting = Another way to avoid a HWID Ban
    Dynamic IP = Not possible to ban has to be a static IP Address.

These are the reasons why its necessary to use a phone verification as a means to counter players who hack or who have been banned. because all they'll do is make another account and blatantly rage hack and piss more ppl off and make others quit and cause the quitters to say that PS2 is filled with hackers.

I've seen blatant hackers in this game but imo its not that many. just a few bad apples trying to piss ppl off.
  4. Paradopx

I have 10+ days played on Waterson, I feel like cheating is such a low priority in this game, ALSO i feel like horrible scrubs claim cheats all the time, just like back in good ol' counterstrike. Are there hacks? OF COURSE. Is the hacking 'ruining' the game? ABSOLUTELY NOT, there is barely any hackers that I have run across, and i do a wide range of everything in ps2. I have around 10k kills, I fly, get flown, snipe, heavy assault, light assault, barely see any hackers that don't immediately get /y'd and reported by a bunch of people right away. I also dont think im on a non-hacker luck streak either; and i've run into only a handful. "I log off in disgust when i see a hacker!" grow the **** up you little baby mind. ITS A FREE TO PLAY FPS; be lucky that 45% of the player base isnt hacking. Its less than 1%, guaranteed.
  5. Nacasatu

Why do you presume that rather than believe people when they say there's cheaters that they've experienced in the game ? Do you automatically think people are stupid and that all these people reporting cheaters are stupid, unlike you, because you're not stupid ?
  6. Nacasatu

Lol ^^

You've also less than 9,000 kills. Thanks for letting us all know that cheaters aren't ruining the game for you though, you should go play on Miller, they'll like you there. However, for other people they do ruin their game, coupled with the low populations now on many servers, burying your head in the sand or throwing insults around doesn't help out the situation.

Simple fact - servers need to merge and cheaters need to be dealt with a lot better.
  7. Grayson

They don't really care about it, they just care about the incoming money, like in all F2P games.
    Until ppl starting to leave, or stop buying SC they will just ignore the problem.
    PS2 should have been a "buy to play" game.
  8. Bassik

Yesterday I was with a group of other NC's, and somebody was killing us all without anyone being able to see the killer. There was nowhere to hide for this guy, so was this a cheater?
  9. Sleazy

the cheating ruins the game more than any imbalances, flawed base designs or a mssing metagame. but as vet who even played ps1 since beta i can assure you that soe wont do anything. ps1 never was f2p and there were loads of barcode hackers flying around in their maxes. soe should sue the living s-hit out of those who even SELL cheater programs. but they wont. u will never see it. they wont step up and reply on this this thread. so just stop tgrowing ur money at them.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sleazy

the cheating ruins the game more than any imbalances, flawed base designs or a mssing metagame. but as vet who even played ps1 since beta i can assure you that soe wont do anything. ps1 never was f2p and there were loads of barcode hackers flying around in their maxes. soe should sue the living s-hit out of those who even SELL cheater programs. but they wont. u will never see it. they wont step up and reply on this this thread. so just stop tgrowing ur money at them.
  11. Sleazy

12. Sleazy

the cheating ruins the game more than any imbalances, flawed base designs or a missing metagame. but as vet who even played ps1 since beta i can assure you that soe wont do anything. ps1 never was f2p and there were loads of barcode hackers flying around in their maxes. soe should sue the living s-hit out of those who even SELL cheater programs. but they wont. u will never see it. they wont step up and reply on this this thread. so just stop tgrowing ur money at them.
  13. JojoTheSlayer

I think phone confirmation via sms and similar could be done vs people suspected of cheating.
    Your account gets linked to your phone if you are on a suspected area ip, hardware setup etc. Trigger info from when the person was first banned. If he cheats again the same will happen and he would need another phone number to play the game. Not a 100% system, but you would go through allot of phone numbers if you wanted to cheat.

Similar to email confirmation, but you need to use a valid registered mobile phone instead.
  14. Asaror

Here is an idea, dont buy Station Cash in protest of the hackers situation untill SOE does somehting EFFECTIVE about it.
  15. Rusky

I'm on Ceres EU and have only seen ~3-4 suspect people so far in ~4days played.
  16. Sleazy

the cheating ruins the game more than any imbalances, flawed base designs or a missing metagame. but as vet who even played ps1 since beta i can assure you that soe wont do anything. ps1 never was f2p and there were loads of barcode hackers flying around in their maxes. soe should sue the living s-hit out of those who even SELL cheater programs. but they wont. u will never see it. they wont step up and reply on this this thread even.

so just stop throwing ur money at them.
  17. Nehemia

I could bet half of those fifty bucks you won't run into a hacker during your first 24 hours of gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  18. }{ellKnight

Still haven't come across even ONE guy who I thought was aimbotting. Did run into 2 or 3 speedhackers. Aaaaaand that's it.

People are way to paranoid or try to explain their mistakes by calling other people hackers.
  19. Nehemia

Agreed, the best ones are those who send you a tell after their dead claiming that you're a hacker.
  20. amega

Well tuned aimbot and thats all you need to be unpunished
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.