Ammo bandolier is a ripoff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

I like playing LA with my GD-7F. The only thing is that it eats ammo. Ok, im willing to use a slot and invest some certs to mitigate this. Then I look at the cert to carry more ammo for my gun. Extra clips? wtf It should just double your ammo! And dont so that would be OP, Engineers get basically infinite ammo.

Does anyone else think this is a rip off or is extra clips a world of difference?
  2. Esjo

Well.. the Engi having "infinite" ammo as you put it, is perhaps their one bonus when in the thick of things. Infil goes invisible, HA is a tank in its own right, LA flyes around, medics heal themselves and others quickly.. I'd say it's fair game for Engi's to have infinite ammo. Put it this way, if you actually -need- infinite ammo on an Engi, you're probably doing it wrong :p

As for LA's with extra clips? YES! When you're flying about towers, cap points etc and just being a pain in the *** the thing that really ruins your fun is being out of ammo.. which can happen easily since you can slip away in the heat of battle and survive for another round of being a pest.

So yeah.. LA.. get as much ammo as you can carry and then encourage the devs to make you able to get even more.
  3. FlawlessRuby

When I saw what it those in the description and when I saw the price was, I laugh.
    Either the cert to buy it must be lower or the number of clip given higher.
    I agree with you :p
  4. Esjo

Actually.. paying a couple of hundred Certs for being able to get 2-4 more kills each time you fly around being a pest, is actually quite cheap. I'd say it's ten times more worthwile than advanced laser dot or even suppressors and such.
  5. Stigma

I think its fairly balanced in terms of its power vs. the other available options - however I completely agree that the cost is too high for what it does.

-Stigma
  6. Weirdkitten

Think you mean "infil goes slightly less visible". Unless you are like me and play on low graphics.
  7. Dulu

Yeah, and since I like using a shot-gun on my LA, I'm double screwed.
  8. Esjo

I completely disagree with that, Stigma.

Why? Because an elusive LA, who knows what he is doing, is perhaps the most difficult thing to deal with. If you're defending an Amp station or similar, the worst thing that could happen is that an LA or two start terrorizing you. Sometimes i just pray they'll run out of ammo soon, because I'm having such a hard time getting them. So to me, an LA with an extra clip or two is a nightmare.

Yes, carrying one or two extra clips doesn't give the investor that much back from those Certs, but being able to do that nasty business for a while longer, is a massive contribution to ones team/faction.

It's not like everything you invest Certs in is designed to boost your own Cert gain..

Like today at the Crown, we had a Vanu LA really being a pest at Point B.. time and time again he would kill us, because we never knew where he'd be the next time.. above, below, to the side? The fact that he was out of health packs and ammo (finally) for his bloody zip-zip-pew-pew carbine is what gave us some relief.