Question about the Dart Gun

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Googles, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Googles

Does it reveal people inside a building/behind walls even if I stuck the dart outside the building? Or is it limited by walls/obstacles/props and only reveals the empty area around it that it can scan?

Does it also reveal stationary targets or only mobile?

Does it have a vertical limit? Can it reveal aircraft at high altitudes?
  2. The King

heck if i know.... to me, it is 100% useless
    it has a range, and it pulses.. each pulse with its range reveals.. stuff
  3. Rigsta

1: It is not hindered by walls or other obstacles. There's no line-of-sight requirement.
    2: Moving targets only, including vehicles.
    3: Sort of. It has a range of x metres in all directions, so far as I can tell.

It's "ok" without any cert investment, which is a shame considering how expensive it is to upgrade. The main limiting factor is the number of darts you can carry. Once you have the 3rd or 4th dart unlocked, it's a very valuable tool. I can't get enough of them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Deschain

Its best when certed up to and above Rank3.
  5. OldMaster80

That's it. Once it's ranked to the highest levels you can't just live without.
    The only concern is about the ammo capacity, really too limited and it's too expansive just to get 1 dart more.
  6. Xoan

Much like it's been said, you need to cert it above rank 4 or higher to really start to see its utility. And if playing infil is your main class, I highly recommend doing that.

/r,
  7. Deschain

Yup its a fine tool at high ranks but as folks have said its darned expensive to rank up.
  8. Gypsycream

If you ever use a CQC setup, get an eng to drop an ammo pack and just spam darts everywhere, it can make a massive difference to small scale fights.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    • Up x 3
  9. Konfuzfanten

Never thought about that, great tip. Since i play a lot with small teams that tip is really useful gonna tried it the next time.
  10. Nehemia

Have engineer with you. I cannot understand that why INFs don't upgrade and use the dart, when you're standing on an ammo box, you can literally bombard the darts to reveal anything that moves within 75 square meters.

Its not only valuable, its a necessity to your team. If the other teams INFs do it and yours doesn't, the advantage will be massive.

(Its such a shame that INFs get zero credit for it, but well, the engineer does, thanks to resupply)
    • Up x 1
  11. Takoita

I always thought Flash radar was more useful?
  12. Purple Pooka

The Flash would have a 100m radius at full upgrades and doesn't have a duration like the darts. However it also makes your vehicle a target. This also doesn't go into the situations where you can't easily maneuver a Flash around or instances where you can't even use a Flash (like in Bio Labs). People can hear a Flash coming, but they really can't hear you and your darts coming.
  13. Rigsta

It's excellent when upgraded high enough, but requires a vehicle terminal and the opportunity to drive it to within 75m, and not get blown up after you park it.

The darts on the other hand can be fired whever you can see, over very large distances (200m+), and there is nothing the enemy can do to get rid of it - if they even figure out it's there.
  14. Xiphos

I always kill any Flashes I see because they might have radar. Sensor darts can't be killed.
    • Up x 1
  15. Revanmug

With the minimap cluttered, even high level of the recon tool ain't that useful because you won't really see anyting except in the open where you'll probably be able to spot them making that tool lose all utility.

It only show movement, which in buildings, may give a false sense of security. The Flash radar will simply show anything in the radius of the radar, movement or not. The ATV also doesn't make any noise when nobody is on it.

Does it have some use? Yes but for the certs price and the little utility is give, it ain't worth it. Maybe if they improve the mini-map, I'll change my opinion but until then, it's mostly a waste of time.
    • Up x 2
  16. RachelGomez

The minimap is too mini as it is. It's useless to me. This tool is double useless as a result. I think we should be able to pick between this and something else.
  17. Rigsta

I'm trying to think of the number of times the minimap has been too cluttered to use my sensor darts effectively. The only times I can think of have all been at watch towers, which are taller than they are wide.

Everywhere else, sensor dart = advantage me.
  18. LachDiggityDog

I have them fully certed and I can tell you it's the best thing you can have for Infiltration used with mines I've gotten many multi kills shoot dart at building mines at exit run it kill 2 or 3 run out let mines take out 2 more and ambush the last couple at the exit lol doesn't happen that smoothly all the time might I add haha