Jackhammer Impression

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Torok, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Torok

ok so, first of all, i never tried any shotgun in this game and seriously, it's a mothaf****g jackhammer, i had to try it, so i went for the trial and i must say it impressed me! easily killed many and many enemies in close quarter, spacing all classes and a max too, simply destroyed it with the 3x burst :O

so far i loved the 3round burst, if your aim is good you totally make shreds out of your enemies,
    only thing i hate, it can only be played on the heavy assault :( which i'm fine with it but i also wanted it to take over the role of the shotgun slot weapons,
    i even heard it's on par with the other nc shotguns so it's bit of a wasted early buy
    i'll try out the others when i'll have the trial active again,
    but i'm in love with this huge gun, it looks amazing.

so the question is, are the other shotguns just as fine (the automatic one especially) or they are just better overall since you can play them on more classes?
  2. Xiphos

The other shotguns are much better.
  3. Moregan

I have the Jackhammer and the Piston. Hands down, the Piston is just better in every aspect. It kills faster and can use more applications. I still like the (underdog) Jackhammer for the looks though and hope it will get some dev love soon
    • Up x 2
  4. StormFrog

The other shotguns are much better.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mordrake

The Jokehammer.
    • Up x 1
  6. MisterBond

Its the worst shotgun for any faction period

It does 112x6 damage per shot (That's if all pellets hit) or 336dmg per slug

Every other shotgun does 143x6 (That's if all pellets hit) and does 429 dmg per slug

Considering a jackhammer can have at most 8 rounds, vs the Sweeper which can have 12, its a no brainer conclusion

Sure the sweeper isn't full auto, but firing any of the shotguns full auto is beyond crazy, as the cone of fire for a rapidly fired shotgun if it was firing paint could cover half of texas

Best of all, with the Semi-auto's, if you take your time before firing, its sniper rifle accurate, and you can still fire it as rapidly as you need too in close quarters
  7. Ghoest

/thread
  8. Torok

amen, then i'll get it for fun with certs :)

thanks for info's!
  9. bushy

It kills things i guess but there is just so much wrong with it.I have put it into storage for the moment.It need a bigger clip,more ammo and more power.
  10. RblDiver

The Jackhammer in PS1 was godly. This one.....not so much.
  11. Intruder313

I'm waiting for them to fix the typo that surely causes this to have lower damage than default shotguns.
  12. Aki

same here, longing for the damage fix.
    I wonder why they even decided to have the jackhammer if it was to make it a subpar shotgun
  13. Turiel =RL=

Get the Piston and you will never look back. I love this baby!