Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DexSK

oh and another performance thing for you guys...how about finally enabling that nice little grayed out tickbox with GPU Physics beside it? :)
  2. DrFilch

3. XALON-NC

I receieved an email that said "EXPERIENCE THE BATTLE IN A NEW WAY" BLAH BLAH "upcoming changes sure to put the fight in every soldier" as well as info abouyt the tunnel system - which i knew about. So I was sooo excited and clicked the link, frothing at the mouth to read about these great updates to PS2!!

Then, I arrive here and see the patch list and have never been so UNDERWHELMED. So basically we are getting all the little things that should have been added for release - as well as the 1)tunnels into certain base types, 2) edited spawn-building models and 3) transfer tokens to PURCHASE - when every character SHOULD get one free trasnfer token EACH. With the crazy amount of scumbags and hackers - I know I want to move some (or all) or my characters.

Oh well - PLanetside 2 is still the greatest fps online game ive ever played and I hope one day it becomes an mmo, mmofps or mmorpg or all 3. But for right now, its a damn awesome online fps shooter :)

Have a good time ppl! Salute!

-X
  4. SolRG

The sound like great improvements., i like the idea of taking down someone who's doing really well and getting more for it.
    Server transfer? Yes please.
    Not sure about the span points though. Sure they're campable, but at the point they're being camped, the battle is usually over.
    Missile fix: Yessss, i hate it when i shoot THROUGH someone with a rocket launcher.
    The indicators and stuff is very useful, looking forward to that. Will i finally be able to change the interact key from E though? I'm tired of accidentally ejecting myself from aircraft when trying to reload.
    The only real thing i would add is infiltrators doing actions while cloaked breaks the cloak rather than having to disable it manually.
  5. deltasquad451

The only thing I care about is that the game will run faster on my system
    • Up x 1
  6. nubery

We need meta game. There is nothing to do but zerg and shoot people. I'm slowly getting bored.
  7. ryuga

But but... i wanted Deli's and Assault Vehicles T.T
  8. SupaFlea

I know its not an important issue but is there any idea when the Pistol will be set to slot2 regardless of underbarrel attachment. the grenade launcher and shogtun still kick the pistol in to weapon slot 3 which makes for a fair bit of finger confusion if you change to a class or loudout without the underbarrel stuff.
  9. ME-tan

It already is enabled, but only for people with a video card that can handle it(i.e. the latest generation of high-end Nvidia cards)
  10. Seyr

That's... everything the community asked for... quickly...in one update... *jaw hits floor*

I've never seen an MMO dev that actually reads the forums and implements thing suggested there. Well done!!!! Thank you!!
  11. Arcanum

How?
  12. NovaAustralis

This joins:
    AirSide2
    TankSide2
    all together combined they make?

PlanetSide2!

;-)
  13. Arcanum

But the more "higher level" and "lower level" difference is put in certs have the more unbalanced the game becomes. And also it becomes potentially less newbie-friendly. It's better to ask for a buff. Unless of course you see even further MMORPG-zation of the game as a good thing.
  14. Sickle

Thanks for the update Higby! I love it how you guys listen to our input unlike other companies. You guys are awesome
  15. Ravenorth

I only see those tunnels working somehow, if there is multiple exits and not only one. 3-6 exits all around would force the attackers to split up more, so spawn camp wouldn´t be so easy anymore.
  16. korpisoturi

YEAH+ you ppl could easily think big and expand those current tunnels what are about to come ? and make those tunnels more important by placing some important generators/etc. to those tunnels/underground bunkers/storages/rooms?, that would also create "metagame" for us , we need old "gen holds" back where smaller group of people keep important generator down in a place what can be defended against larger group, if played right.

1 video of "gen hold"

we need "gen hold" like tasks or this game getting boring you ppl can save a lot easily just by give vehicle free areas where large groups of infantry can clash.
  17. TricEan

I know this is asking a little bit too much, but I might have a difficult request. Right now I just want to say that I think that Planetside 2 is the bomb. It is freaking insane, probably the greatest pc game in general that I have ever played. But, it might be to great for my laptop, so I am asking if there is anyway that you can optimize it even more for super low spec. computers. I am currently running the game on low at max 14 fps. And maybe even lower the price for some items and make some skins/camos attainable through cert points

18. Saints-Waterson

Hope these include some changes for the Liberator Pilots & Passengers - I'm the bottom gunner, but I always come out ahead vs. my team... would like to see it balanced!
    • Up x 1
  19. AlFara

listen, IF you spawn near a sunderer which IS currently camped, what i never saw, tell me where is the prob?
    just enter the sunderer and the sniper will rage for sure, because he can't thouch a sniper. if you are playing solo, you will get ***** for sure. (i died 4400++ times at all, about half of them when i spawned near a sunderer and i NEVER got shot while spawning near a sunderer. i got shot because i moved behind a rock and stood there for some time (by sniper), i died because i was standing on open terrain (by sniper in this example but i never died because someone spawnkilled me...if there tons of enemies around the sunderer (and blowing it up the next second) i died...but that wasn't farming at all.

in short: there's no sundererfarming and if someone is standing around at the sunderer for about 30 seconds...well its his/her own fault.

specific about your posting: the main problem is not, in my opinion, that fresh spawned players are invu (....however this word is written) until they take any action (not supported by devs, who says that there won't be a timer?). the problem is that players can't take damage after revieves by a medic which will be exploited for sure, this is the best way to break enemy defending lines behind a corner since revieve grenades does exist.

+some other important thing: tech plants need a buff. for sure they were a bit crappy before but atm its the worst defending place. you don't even need to destroy the outer generators to get inside because the tank-spawn-light-barrier is half sized....like it was before, the teleporters from spawn room to the way between back and tank spawn were removed, TOO...in fact, thats a bit too much. since the patch noone defended the tech plants, well, not the big platoons, even they are waiting near the next base to defend it.
  20. icegnome

Looks like a lot of great changes! I also noticed a bunch from BuzzCutPsycho's list, which I'm sure many people saw...The PS2's attention to necessary changes and player demands is sure to take this game great places.