[Suggestion] @Higby; My suggestion for 3d spotting.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daedrick, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Daedrick

I hate spamming Q, my freaking finger hurt after almost 100 hours of playing, my letter Q is almost erased.

I must say that I hate 3d spotting, but since lead designers really want to keep it, here is my suggestion:

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to press any buton to spot targets, as long as they are relatively close, you look at them long enough(The further away they are, the longer you have to ''track'' them) or you shoot at them they should pop up on the screen as follow;
    [IMG]

Spotting certification

Rank 0 / Cost = 0 certificates / Description; No spotting at all, nobody apear on your screen with that hud around them nor any information about them.

Rank 1 / Cost = 100 certificates / Description; Friendly Infantry and vehicles get a target indicator around them. (see above)

Rank 2 / Cost = 150 certificates / Description; Enemy Infantry and vehicles get a target indicator around them if you look at them for over 2 seconds, or you shoot at them. (see above)

Rank 3 / Cost = 200 certificates / Description; Enemy Infantry and vehicles get a target indicator around them if you look at them for over 2 seconds, or you shoot at them. Additionnaly their range is displayed.

Rank 4 / Cost = 500 certificates / Description; Enemy Infantry and vehicles get a target indicator around them if you look at them for over 2 seconds, or you shoot at them. Additionnaly their Health, name and range is displayed.

Rank 5 / Cost = 1000 certificates / Description; Enemy Infantry and vehicles get a target indicator around them if you look at them for over 2 seconds, or you shoot at them. Additionnaly their Health, name and range is displayed. Spotted enemies are now displayed on nearby friendly HUDS.

The high certificate cost is a MUST, even in my exemple they are not even that high. Everybody will have it in the end
  2. CitizenSoldier

.......well does this auto-spot feature of yours automatically trigger a vocal "Enemy **insert class** spotted!"?

Because I regularly do not hit Q since A) I know it's an enemy and B) I don't want said enemy to hear me shouting that I see him.

Also, what is the point of spotting if someone with Rank 0 doesn't benefit from you spotting?
  3. Daedrick

No it wouldn't trigger that stupid sound file. I hate it with passion, it does nothing but annoy the hell out of my hears. See rank 5 of the certification.
  4. CitizenSoldier

Approved.

-

Short of that, though, I'd settle for spotting having a much shorter range and a much shorter duration and have Q time-out if spammed.
  5. Daedrick

6. Kalocin

As an infiltrator, usually the targets that I can track will die (yes even ones that are running). The ones I spot are the ones I know I won't be able to kill....Actually I think this goes for many people. If you see a target, in most cases you will kill them or somebody near you will kill them. For the people who don't spam Q, most of the time they hit it when they see somebody quickly in the distance but know they aren't worth chasing or they're going in a different direction off their screen.
  7. Daedrick

8. Daedrick

bump day 3