The Shady Engineer's Recent Activity

1. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread This seems to happen in PS2 a lot lately.

In other shooters if you lose connection or try to lagswitch you either get timed out of the server entirely or your actions (including...

Aug 20, 2020
  2. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Introduce a new, independant, threat?.

PVE on the active continents I don't support. Content like that would go the path of construction with some players loving it and others...

Aug 20, 2020
  3. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Vanu Running 40% Server Pop.

You're either playing early in the morning or late at night, right? When prime time ends and outfits finish their ops, those who aren't...

Aug 20, 2020
  4. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread NC Weapons are unappealing.

I stopped taking art design in this game seriously a while ago. Really hard to when you have people in neon pink camo sporting Samurai...

Aug 5, 2020
  5. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread NC Weapons are unappealing.

I like Doku's work, all my classes on TR, even infiltrator which I don't play but hey, it was in the bundle, are wearing AVA armor and...

Aug 5, 2020
  6. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread NC Weapons are unappealing.

Carbines not having buttstocks is a strange artistic design choice. It makes sense from a lore standpoint, what with drop troopers and...

Aug 4, 2020
  7. The Shady Engineer liked Blam320's post in the thread STOP LOCKING CONTINENTS SO FAST.

You're not playing during the right time, then. Most of the times I play, continents can stay open for hours.

Jul 30, 2020
  8. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread New Sunderer Weapons Please.

Used to battle bus religiously before Furies got hit by the nerf bat. Only 2/2 AV MBT I could reliably kill was the magrider. Prowler...

Jul 30, 2020
  9. The Shady Engineer liked NotziMad's post in the thread New Sunderer Weapons Please.

The sunderer, in 99% of the fights, is the only reason there is a fight to begin with. The sunderer is at the heart, at the core of...

Jul 30, 2020
  10. The Shady Engineer liked Netsurfer733's post in the thread Advanced Specialization Program - I need to make a choice.

Awesome thanks so much for this perspective; I was actually mostly sure this was the case, but I was starting to fear that slight...

Jul 28, 2020
  11. The Shady Engineer liked ZDarkShadowsZ's post in the thread Advanced Specialization Program - I need to make a choice.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone wouldn't go for ASP. The benefits far outweigh any 'downside'. All going ASP means is that your BR...

Jul 28, 2020
  12. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Advanced Specialization Program - I need to make a choice.

When you ASP, the only thing that resets is your battle rank. Whatever gear, certs, merit, A7 etc you had before you ASPed you get to keep....

Jul 28, 2020
  13. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Tips for new players.

General: - Invest in class specific abilities, tools, utilities and suit slots before buying new weapons. Exceptions to the rule are...

Jul 28, 2020
  14. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Faction infantry weapon traits need re-balancing.

Pardon the double post, forumside is wonky on mobile and won't let me edit the previous one. You can brute force a good NC heavy by...

Jul 27, 2020
  15. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Faction infantry weapon traits need re-balancing.

Also long time TR player that has dabbled in all factions (ASP 80 TR, ASP ~20 NC, BR ~60 VS, all engineer mains, shocking I know)...

Jul 27, 2020
  16. The Shady Engineer liked Blam320's post in the thread New construction producing outfit resources (concept).

If you're aware of PlanetSide 1, you'll know that all bases in the game needed to be supplied with power via collecting Nanite...

Jul 24, 2020
  17. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] DAYBREAK, please remove Firestorm implant - Please focus on issues with the game.

It got nerfed. It is so situational now that you will barely see it outside of the occasional oddball player experimenting with heavy...

Jul 24, 2020
  18. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread New Sunderer Weapons Please.

A looooong time ago there was talk about giving Sunderers empire-specific anti-vehicle weapons. If you're interested, take a look at this...

Jul 24, 2020
  19. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

Feels like we're going in circles here, no? Complete ability rework would be better, obviously, but if you intend to keep a powerful...

Jul 23, 2020
  20. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

There's a difference between nerfing things because they are too strong and nerfing them because they are mechanically bad for the...

Jul 23, 2020
  21. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

100% with you on a rework. Like I said in a previous post: Some kind of fire DoT mechanic like you mentioned earlier would fit...

Jul 23, 2020
  22. The Shady Engineer liked Johannes Kaiser's post in the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

Well, I understand the annoyance of having it nerfed just after acquiring it. The implant absolutely could not stay in the old form,...

Jul 23, 2020
  23. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

I'm sure the last person to unlock UA Canis before it got nerfed was also upset. New things added to the game are good as long as...

Jul 23, 2020
  24. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

In this case? It absolutely should. Weapons in this game are carefully balanced against each other so that they're side grades...

Jul 22, 2020
  25. The Shady Engineer liked ican'taim's post in the thread What we know about the next big update:.

Hello salty vets! I have compiled a list of things we know (along with speculation) in the next big update! Confirmed: (Heavily hinted...

Jul 22, 2020
  26. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread How Firestorm breaks the game.

It's already nerfed on PTS. " When the effect is active, horizontal recoil, cone of fire bloom on both aim down sights and hipfire are...

Jul 22, 2020
  27. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Bring Back The Max Alert.

Oh god Vanu no. :eek: MAX alerts are a cool concept but the gameplay they brought was anus. Gigantic stalemates at doorways are not fun....

Jul 20, 2020
  28. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Fun Post] why I love my NC brothers....

Funniest TK I've seen in the game happened on NC. So we're fighting on this hill on Amerish when a friendly Valk starts circling and asking...

Jul 20, 2020
  29. The Shady Engineer liked DarkStarAnubis's post in the thread [Fun Post] why I love my NC brothers....

NSO - Just spawned in a Biolab former teleport points I start to look at the minimap to figure out why can I do to help my fellow NC to...

Jul 20, 2020
  30. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread The Punisher Is The Worst Punishment.

It surprises me how few people know tactics, strats and pathways nowadays that were common knowledge back when I started in 2014. Even...

Jul 20, 2020
  31. The Shady Engineer liked UberNoob1337101's post in the thread The Punisher Is The Worst Punishment.

More people need to know this. They're some of the easiest bases to attack in the game with the GSD sundy swarm strat. Ez capture even...

Jul 20, 2020
  32. The Shady Engineer liked NCtraitor7's post in the thread New outfit asset idea : M.O.L.E. (the backdoor is real).

Manual Operation Link Equipment (M.O.L.E.) Global outfit war asset Resource cost: 50/50/5 , weight: 50, limit: 1, crafting time: 15 minutes...

Jul 16, 2020
  33. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread The Punisher Is The Worst Punishment.

Underground repairing is a bug and should be fixed. That said, trying to take an AMP station by overloading gens is recruit talk. If you...

Jul 16, 2020
  34. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] DAYBREAK, please remove Firestorm implant - Please focus on issues with the game.

This thing should have a cooldown. A LOOOOOOOONG cooldown. Like 45 seconds between being able to re-trigger it. "But Shady, it would make...

Jul 16, 2020
  35. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread What even is this Firestorm Implant???.

Congratulations Wrel, you just gave the "Planetside 2 is pay-to-win" people a valid argument. Rework/remove this implant. It is not too...

Jul 16, 2020
  36. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Rate my Base M8 (A Player Base rant).

Looks great. I like the tower having cover from that rock but still giving a good vantage point for people inside to shoot out. If it had...

Jul 5, 2020
  37. The Shady Engineer liked MichaelMoen's post in the thread Rate my Base M8 (A Player Base rant).

I have a place in my heart for playing a Support role, to aid others in a goal, not taking it on directly myself. Because of this I love...

Jul 5, 2020
  38. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Complaint: Fix The Comms Please!.

Comms have been working fine for me ever since the Colossus patch. Seems to be working for many others as well if we were to go by the...

Jul 5, 2020
  39. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread ESF infantry farming is out of hand.

I mean, it works both ways. If the pilot decides to pull maneuvers then yeah, it will be difficult to hit him with small arms but it will...

Jul 4, 2020
  40. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread ESF infantry farming is out of hand.

Hm. I've been on forumside for a while and have participated in a bunch of G2A discussion threads. I thought a fellow old timer like...

Jul 4, 2020
  41. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread ESF infantry farming is out of hand.

Never understood this either. ESFs die to focused fire rather quickly, especially the A2G commandos who can't fly for **** otherwise....

Jul 4, 2020
  42. The Shady Engineer liked NotziMad's post in the thread People relogging on enemy alt faction to TK sundy.

This has always existed, and it's annoying, but it's never really been an issue. It's still not really an issue tbh, and that's because...

Jul 4, 2020
  43. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] Map size vs Map population..

Agreed. Playing on a freshly opened continent generates surprisingly good fights. Usually involving a huge 3-way battle in a large...

Jul 4, 2020
  44. The Shady Engineer liked Leandre's post in the thread [Suggestion] Map size vs Map population..

Everytimes I play on low population server I feel like the map is getting bigger too quickly. More players should be allowed on 3 way map...

Jul 4, 2020
  45. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread No recoil when increasing the FOV greater than 110.

Gave it a try, it's fake news. Recoil is flat constant but feels lower because there is more visible with higher FOV. The lower the FOV...

Jul 4, 2020
  46. The Shady Engineer liked ObiVanuKenobi's post in the thread No recoil when increasing the FOV greater than 110.

Fake, i just tested it. 115, 115+wide mode and 74 gave me the exact same amount of recoil. Shooting Betelgeuse until it overheats landed my...

Jul 4, 2020
  47. The Shady Engineer liked Blam320's post in the thread What Happened To Faction Balancing?.

One, you're kind of profiling by saying Asians tend to choose VS or TR, while only Americans choose NC. That's objectively untrue,...

Jul 1, 2020
  48. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread people wont play this game..

How big are Destiny 2 matches? 4v4? 5v5? Planetside has 96v96 battles on the regular. I'd love to see Destiny attempt something like that...

Jun 28, 2020
  49. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Arnold Schwarzenegger voice?.

Hehe, yeah it's an NC exclusive voice pack, if I remember right it's called the "Kommando" voice pack. Like a lot of NC stuff, it's great...

Jun 26, 2020
  50. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Remove Nanoweave.

0.75x ADS, only one tier of damage drop-off and a large capacity magazine that reloads unusually quickly. Good traits for an...

Jun 21, 2020
  51. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Guide] The PS2 population is now down to bellow what it was before Escalation..

Bastions, OS spam and the beep-pocalypse are a pain in the ***, but I don't think they are causing the drop in player count. OS spam sucks...

Jun 10, 2020
  52. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread DA LEAD BELCHAS [ORKS] FROM EMERALD!.

I don't always lead squads, but on the rare occasion that I do, having Thrakka in command chat always makes the play session so much...

Jun 10, 2020
  53. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Racial bias in the characther creation screen.

[IMG] But just in case some dipsht decides to use this thread to write about how racist the Planetside community is or some...

Jun 10, 2020
  54. The Shady Engineer liked Liewec123's post in the thread Racial bias in the characther creation screen.

[IMG] screw it...i'm moving to Pluto.

Jun 10, 2020
  55. The Shady Engineer liked Liewec123's post in the thread I'm normally pretty chill about this game, but....

i hear you, its so incredibly frustrating. someone said in game yesterday (while an NC bastion was hovering over our VS/TR fight far...

May 31, 2020
  56. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] The VS 'Developer' faction thread!.

Oh boy. I made a comment, you replied to me and I replied back to you. Not to 6 pages of comments, to your comment specifically. This...

May 28, 2020
  57. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] The VS 'Developer' faction thread!.

Holy hell, dude. Look up "learned helplessness" and think about what you wrote. VS players are just people like me and you. Shoot...

May 26, 2020
  58. The Shady Engineer liked Demigan's post in the thread Spammable crouching has to go!.

Some of the people on here seem to miss the problem with ADAD spam. You have to understand the Latency system for that. When you are...

May 26, 2020
  59. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] ASP.

If you have an extra token coming up or want to experiment in the future, I can't recommend the EMP grenade enough. Especially if...

May 24, 2020
  60. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] The VS 'Developer' faction thread!.

And that is exactly why Vanu controlled all 4 continents. Not telling you how to play, if you don't have fun fighting VS then by all...

May 24, 2020
  61. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] ASP.

Heh, yeah, there's a 5000 cert refund option but it is unnecessarily hidden and a pain in the *** to find unless you know what you're...

May 24, 2020
  62. The Shady Engineer liked Liewec123's post in the thread [Suggestion] ASP.

yeah ASP is just another half baked idea that they said they'd work on going forward, never happened. i'd like a heavy weapon ASP for...

May 24, 2020
  63. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Guide] Attention LA no reload exploit users, I got "official" confirmation, this is considered exploiting.

This bug has been around for what, 3 months now without anything being done? At this point it's more of a feature than an exploit. Hell,...

May 23, 2020
  64. The Shady Engineer liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Ti Alloys needs a redesign (undergroundbase).

Pretty sure I auraxed half my shotguns in there lol. I do kinda miss it, like broken arch road. As a light assault, it at time...

May 14, 2020
  65. The Shady Engineer liked Towie's post in the thread [Suggestion] What the hell is an M40 Fury?.

Ahh memories - anyone remember the double-Fury Blockade Battlebuses reversing all over the place ? Nerf to Fury - nerf to Blockade -...

May 14, 2020
  66. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] Ti Alloys needs a redesign (undergroundbase).

What Ti needs are closer Sundy garages. All the other bases you mentioned: Nason's, Eisa, Ascent, have good locations for attackers to set...

May 14, 2020
  67. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] PETITION TO REMOVE ORBITAL STRIKES.

Sure was. They were annoying when you had put some work in and farm Cortium to get them, now it's just silly. Playing on prime time Indar...

May 14, 2020
  68. The Shady Engineer liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] PETITION TO REMOVE ORBITAL STRIKES.

^^^ How many would agree the game was better without them?

May 14, 2020
  69. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread [Suggestion] Buff Citadel Shield.

These are tricky to balance. Yeah they're kinda weak at the moment but buff them too much and they become obnoxious with their "can shoot...

May 14, 2020
  70. The Shady Engineer replied to the thread Suggestion: Merit Based stuff.

The IR vision kit should definitely be moved to the tactical slot. If nothing else give aux Spitfires some competition. I actually think...

May 14, 2020