Talthos's Recent Activity

1. Talthos liked OneShadowWarrior's post in the thread Thank You for Graphical fix.

The graphics issues had plagued this game for several years, I kept mentioning memory leaks, I can scope in with my sniper scopes at high...

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:40 PM
  2. Talthos replied to the thread My medkits won't resupply?.

Medkits require Nanites to resupply. Are you sure you hadn't depleted your Nanite reserve when you were attempting to resupply them?

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:36 PM
  3. Talthos liked RadDuder's post in the thread Dev Post - Voice Chat (Comms) Issues.

-Comms channels affected (squad, platoon, prox, outfit, all of the above, etc) All Channels -Time/date it occurred (as specific as you...

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:35 PM
  4. Talthos liked Kudige's post in the thread Dev Post - Voice Chat (Comms) Issues.

Same issue on all channels. First I could see the indicator in the left side corner that I was talking, a few times I could see an other...

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:35 PM
  5. Talthos replied to the thread Bug NC15 Phoenix strange behavior of the rocket.

As far as I know, Phoenix missiles are not destroyed when shot; it just forces them to veer in a seemingly random direction. Pretty...

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:32 PM
  6. Talthos replied to the thread Invisible (enemy) beacon?.

Beacon beams frequently fail to render at range, if your "Particle Quality" setting is at "Low". All particle effects (including those...

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:26 PM
  7. Talthos liked Liewec123's post in the thread [Suggestion] Reword the Jockey Implant description!.

currently on Live Jockey claims to let you "receive an additional 50% maximum shield health" while riding in an exposed vehicle seat or an...

Aug 4, 2020
  8. Talthos liked DarkStarAnubis's post in the thread [Suggestion] Reword the Jockey Implant description!.

That's what I meant by "stacking", sorry for not being precise. Different-effects implants can usually be mixed and matched (aside from...

Aug 4, 2020
  9. Talthos liked Liewec123's post in the thread [Question] Does Jockey Implant effect Bionics?.

Short answer is nope, Long answer is that they worded the implant terribly, It doesnt "increase you shield by 50%" It simply adds 250...

Aug 4, 2020
  10. Talthos liked Zegahg4m3r's post in the thread Archer/Shortbow reload animation is bugged.

There is currently a bug when reloading the rifle. During the process of reloading the shortbow or Archer, your character will separate the...

Aug 4, 2020
  11. Talthos replied to the thread Archer is missing sounds for short and long reload in first-person..

Update: They fixed the 1st-person reload sounds, but the animation itself is still bugged, visually; the magazine doesn't get swapped out...

Aug 4, 2020
  12. Talthos liked OneShadowWarrior's post in the thread Sound needs fixes.

I don’t know of a single player who doesn’t see this, the sound needs to be updated in this game. I’ve had it happen almost every session...

Aug 4, 2020
  13. Talthos liked OneShadowWarrior's post in the thread Sound has been ruined since 8th July Update.

Sound has been actually a chronic problem since the DX11 update. It has progressively gotten worse.

Aug 4, 2020
  14. Talthos liked Quimcity's post in the thread Sound has been ruined since 8th July Update.

The sound is now awful since the update, many sounds are too loud now and don't reduce as they should with distance. The high frequencies...

Aug 4, 2020
  15. Talthos posted a new thread.

witching fire modes no longer plays the animation nor sound on most infantry weapons

(I messed up the title, dang it. It's supposed to be "Switching", not "witching". I really wish we were allowed to edit a topic's title...

Forum: Bug Reports

Aug 4, 2020
  16. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread The Current State Of The Game.

You're almost right, but not quite. It's not that most players want the game like this. It's that all teh player who DONT want...

Jul 29, 2020
  17. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread The Current State Of The Game.

You're mostly right. You're absolutely 200% entirely right about something which very little people talk about though. And I'm guessing...

Jul 29, 2020
  18. Talthos liked OneShadowWarrior's post in the thread Warning : game isn't dying, it's in a F.UCKlNG COMA.

I was just in the game sent my opinion in bug report. More than half of the population of PS are solo players or new and no one in the...

Jul 20, 2020
  19. Talthos liked Liewec123's post in the thread Warning : game isn't dying, it's in a F.UCKlNG COMA.

game isn't dying but Wrel is really turning the knife to try his hardest to kill it. we had 5 orbitals within 2 minutes at some random...

Jul 20, 2020
  20. Talthos liked Johannes Kaiser's post in the thread Warning : game isn't dying, it's in a F.UCKlNG COMA.

I think the focus on outfits is good, but it would have been way better to take literally any other approach to this than "zerg or else".

Jul 20, 2020
  21. Talthos posted a new thread.

Empire Strength bug on newly opened continent

Continents that open after an alert ends, are being indicated as having 1000/1000 "Bastion Fleet Carrier Support", despite having only just...

Jul 7, 2020
  22. Talthos liked F20000GL's post in the thread WTF people balance harassers!.

so developers making super weapon so when they want to wave their e-dick they use it themselves?

Jun 1, 2020
  23. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread WTF people balance harassers!.

Of course they do ..... and they drive Harrassers :)

Jun 1, 2020
  24. Talthos liked F20000GL's post in the thread WTF people balance harassers!.

where do developers actually see? do they never try to log into the game to see how fight is going?

Jun 1, 2020
  25. Talthos liked Peebuddy's post in the thread WTF people balance harassers!.

My god what I would pay for a secondary gunner option to fire those new Havoc rounds they gave the heavy underbarrel in the upcoming patch...

Jun 1, 2020
  26. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread I think it’s time....a talk about launchers.

yup, 2 decimator hit a lib, lib was dead .. good time :'(

May 20, 2020
  27. Talthos posted a new thread.

Computer announcer bug at the Crown

When the SCU at The Crown becomes 'compromised' (aka, the shields protecting it going down when all 4 control points are held by the...

May 9, 2020
  28. Talthos liked Wrel's Do-Rag's post in the thread PS2 Live Stream Moved to December.

Are you moving all the assets from PS Arena into Planetside 2 and shutting down PS Arena once and for all, giving it the Star Wars Holiday...

Apr 28, 2020
  29. Talthos liked TheMercator's post in the thread I think it’s time....a talk about launchers.

I remember the times where two rockets to the back of a tank where enough to set it on fire xD And now a single rocket isn't even...

Apr 27, 2020
  30. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

One last time, here's the problem: 1) Planetside 2's development team is small and lacks funding, it can't afford to split...

Apr 27, 2020
  31. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

Let me be more blunt. The devs are in charge of developing the game. They are part of a company, they follow orders from their...

Apr 27, 2020
  32. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

Lol, I guess we both stand corrected. My apologies, I was under the impression there was only one PS4 server. We do the math...

Apr 27, 2020
  33. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Not to mention that having a sundy usually means spending the whole time defending it and dying to land and air vehicles while everyone...

Apr 25, 2020
  34. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Yeah I really don't understand what was the point of that. I understand that people can farm ammo/revives/heals/repairs. That's still...

Apr 25, 2020
  35. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

To summarize what TRspy has said (and what I already said at the beginning of this thread): The PS4 port has never had very many players,...

Apr 25, 2020
  36. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

No, I'm not sure why you went on a tangent (I'm assuming it was google translate that screwed up), here's my point: You compared...

Apr 25, 2020
  37. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

You'll apologize, I can't really make out more than a few words in German. I can talk to you in French/Arabic if that's easier....

Apr 25, 2020
  38. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

[quote="strove, post: 3550180, member: 122236" The issues is we often try to defend bases which offers literally nothing to outfits at all,...

Apr 25, 2020
  39. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Sorry, 3k (based on kills and objectives xp) is the minimum you need to receive the 5 auraxium that used to be awarded to every...

Apr 25, 2020
  40. Talthos liked strove's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

My small outfit has gotten no resources in a week or so. Low numbers but its not too hard to get the 3k needed. The issues is we often try...

Apr 25, 2020
  41. Talthos liked csvfr's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Well it certainly ain't, in fact it encourages a lot of cynical, counterproductive behaviour such as: If coming late to an assault, not...

Apr 25, 2020
  42. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Improving the particle settings?.

Oh yes, I absolutely agree with this. Especially considering that you can't even disable that stupid FXAA filter, unless you set...

Apr 22, 2020
  43. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

Sigh. As I mentioned, I said the majority, not all. I know there's some really competitive players who are glued to their console...

Apr 22, 2020
  44. Talthos liked strove's post in the thread Darklight Flashlights Dont Work <2m.

Pretty much in the title, if the cloaker is real close, they dont show up even if youre shining a light right through them

Apr 21, 2020
  45. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

Ignoring the comment about the debatable escalation update, there's a few flaws in what you're pointing out. You'll notice the...

Apr 21, 2020
  46. Talthos liked Novidian's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

I would welcome the transfer option, honestly. PS4 will inevitably die and I'm tired of only getting half the content of PC. Hell, I...

Apr 20, 2020
  47. Talthos liked Liewec123's post in the thread [Suggestion] Improving the particle settings?.

the settings need an overhaul entirely, we should be able to turn on and off what we want and not just have the annoying...

Apr 20, 2020
  48. Talthos liked ZDarkShadowsZ's post in the thread [Suggestion] Improving the particle settings?.

I can 100% get behind this. The only reason I have particles set to medium is so that I can see beacons a little better and to have some...

Apr 20, 2020
  49. Talthos liked tommyrocket's post in the thread Prowler Rampart Projector ranks 2 ~ 4 do not work..

As the title suggests, ranks past the first don't actually do anything different than rank 1. It is still a 10% damage reduction, and not...

Apr 20, 2020
  50. Talthos posted a new thread.

Gatekeeper muzzle flash effects misaligned

Rather than originating from the actual gun barrels, the Gatekeeper's muzzle flash effects originate from between the gun barrels. Tested...

Apr 20, 2020
  51. Talthos liked Diilicious's post in the thread What should Planetside 3 be like?.

as long as theres no VS im sure it will be gr8

Apr 20, 2020
  52. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

They are unlikely to ever consider this idea seriously, especially since the PS4 port already eats up valuable development resources that...

Apr 19, 2020
  53. Talthos liked AgentRed's post in the thread New tactical slot skyshield.

The issue I report in the bug threads is after 50m it doesn't render the shield but it renders the base. So what they do is fly a...

Apr 19, 2020
  54. Talthos posted a new thread.

[Suggestion] Improving the particle settings?

Currently, the 'ParticleQuality' setting affects the following: Density of particles (the amount and quality of all the particle bits...

Forum: PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion

Apr 19, 2020
  55. Talthos liked Eaglebird's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

And that's what makes this feel even more unreasonable. "This is fine."

Apr 18, 2020
  56. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Kind of ironic though isn't it? Considering that even before this change, small outfits were complaining about Escalation catering...

Apr 18, 2020
  57. Talthos liked Eaglebird's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

I'm definitely not getting Auraxium for participating in a base capture, and small fights don't net enough points to get the measly handout...

Apr 17, 2020
  58. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

no guys, that's not it. What's happening is 2 things. 1. When you press TAB and check your score, that score doesn't...

Apr 17, 2020
  59. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread Scores (and base capture) make no sense.

I know they were changed previous to this patch, and things like "medics healing or rezzing" wouldn't count anymore. Thing is, you (Rogue...

Apr 16, 2020
  60. Talthos replied to the thread I think it’s time....a talk about launchers.

How about just making it so that dumbfire-capable launchers can only 1-shot at very short ranges? Like, maybe it could one-shot an infantry...

Apr 16, 2020
  61. Talthos replied to the thread Remove repair grenades from being able to repair the generators..

That still leaves the option of using Gate Shield Diffusor Sunderers to get inside, instead. On a related note, here's a nifty trick:...

Apr 16, 2020
  62. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread Everything is nerfed. Why was the vehicle gameplay ruined?.

I think his point is that while air is no doubt powerful, its usefulness if you are trying to actually capture a base is far more...

Apr 16, 2020
  63. Talthos liked Xenocide's post in the thread Everything is nerfed. Why was the vehicle gameplay ruined?.

As an infantry player, ground vehicle player and MAINLY ESF player, i kinda like all in the current situation. One main thing you're doing...

Apr 16, 2020
  64. Talthos liked Halkesh's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

What about removing all AA and AV weapons from the harasser ? This way it will keep it's effectiveness but will have clear counter as it...

Apr 16, 2020
  65. Talthos liked NotziMad's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

this is a quote from one of my older posts on the topic of Harrassers. I wasn't saying they were OP or needed to be balanced though, my...

Apr 16, 2020
  66. Talthos liked mooman1080's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

The harasser very much represents the role that ESF should have fulfilled, fast and agile hit and run punch. Except the ESF will get memed...

Apr 16, 2020
  67. Talthos liked DDaly's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

This is a side effect of nerfing in search of perfect balance. Something like the harraser becomes powerful simply by comparison. Food for...

Apr 16, 2020
  68. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

Look it is very simple: at some point they were 3-shot kills for the most part, 4-shot kills if you didnt land the last shot fast enough....

Apr 16, 2020
  69. Talthos liked Crayv's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

Oh hey this ties into that whole, repairing is the problem thing. Generally when a Harrasser gets close to me as a HA (usually to attack...

Apr 16, 2020
  70. Talthos liked BrbImAFK's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

The problem is not that Harassers are fast. The problem is not that they're tanky. They problem is not that they're killy. The problem is...

Apr 16, 2020
  71. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

Yeah, it takes 4 AP shots to kill a composite armor harasser, minus the fact that it can repair itself at the same time. What makes...

Apr 16, 2020
  72. Talthos liked Feyyore's post in the thread [Suggestion] NSX Masamune buff please.

Though some see it as a meme weapon, this launcher has been largely forgotten about. And is one of the few multipurpose ns launchers. It...

Apr 16, 2020
  73. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] NSX Masamune buff please.

Being able to 'cancel' the laser guidance after firing (like how you can fire 'unguided' Hornet/VLG missiles by engaging the optics before...

Apr 16, 2020
  74. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread [Suggestion] Friendly Fire Calculation.

I have proposed a legacy system that takes your weapon/vehicle into account in the past. The legacy system would simply look at your total...

Apr 16, 2020
  75. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Friendly Fire Calculation.

Game logic: A rando walks in front your gun 2-3 times, weapons lock for 10 minutes. A clown nukes half his team with an OS...

Apr 16, 2020
  76. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

Not sure console pop is what keeps this game running. Otherwise the devs would have created more PS4 servers and started focusing more on...

Apr 16, 2020
  77. Talthos liked Twin Suns's post in the thread [Suggestion] Market the game on Playstation 5 and the new Xbox.

It's delusional to think PSN customers would want to play DBG's graphically out dated game on their new system. Especially regarding DBG's...

Apr 16, 2020
  78. Talthos liked strove's post in the thread Remove repair grenades from being able to repair the generators..

If you lost a bastion in 20 mins either your team didnt support it well enough or your opponents were very well coordinated. Theres only...

Apr 15, 2020
  79. Talthos liked Smallzz's post in the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

what it means is that instead of spam inviting people to ISV without zero command structure, zero organized platoons, zero effective...

Apr 15, 2020
  80. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

I get the impression that it means that the 'minimum participation score' only matters if more than 1 outfit is trying to get capture...

Apr 15, 2020
  81. Talthos liked IVANPIDORVAN's post in the thread [Suggestion] Equip Three Implants ?.

there is only one deadly combo of 3 implants: vampire+carapace+nightmare so devs should make exception for these combo and disable ability...

Apr 14, 2020
  82. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread [Suggestion] I do not understand this.

Since forever the deathscreen lags behind on the real status of the player. So if you quickly hit someone heavily as you die (say a...

Apr 14, 2020
  83. Talthos liked strove's post in the thread [Suggestion] Double Underbarrel ammo pool.

Im actually totally down with making it instant fire, it would make it much more helpful in a pinch. UB grenade launcher could fire your...

Apr 14, 2020
  84. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping..

Assuming Wrel wasn't fibbing, he wound up answering this type of question on Reddit already (no surprise). Here ya go.

Apr 14, 2020
  85. Talthos replied to the thread Does anyone know what setting improves the rendering distance of beacons (specifically)?.

Particle quality. The beacon beams render from furthest out if Particle quality is set to 'Ultra'. Of course, that also enables all the...

Apr 14, 2020
  86. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

The air game is another matter, but in terms of vehicles, yes, the harasser and the flash can be manned by 2 or even 3 people for the...

Apr 13, 2020
  87. Talthos liked Towie's post in the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

...I still remember this thread from years ago - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/mjolnir-needs-balancing.246745/...

Apr 13, 2020
  88. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

Ofcourse 2 people should be able to defeat 1-man vehicles! Like a 2-man Flash should be able to defeat a 1-man MBT 100% of the time! Or...

Apr 13, 2020
  89. Talthos liked strove's post in the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

Well this post got derailed quickly. Ive been feeling the same as OP has posted and it pretty much comes down to: Harassers in general are...

Apr 12, 2020
  90. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

buddy no one said the game was meant to mimic reality. What he's pointing out is the fact that the harasser which was designed to...

Apr 12, 2020
  91. Talthos liked iller's post in the thread Public Service Announcement: Bastion weak points can be locked onto by A2A missiles.

Atleast 2 big Connery NC outfits already knew this and spread the word the first week. (that's why they kept killing other bastions so...

Apr 11, 2020
  92. Talthos liked Twin Suns's post in the thread Public Service Announcement: Bastion weak points can be locked onto by A2A missiles.

"Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sumbiches down." - Gen Gray. Independence Day o7

Apr 11, 2020
  93. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

It's still a ludicrous resistance advantage over the heavier vehicles, regardless. Especially in regards to its other advantages:...

Apr 11, 2020
  94. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Interesting Stat from a Level 42 Exclusive Harasser Driver.

How about the 'tank shell type' resistances of the Lightning and Harasser switch places, instead? I didn't even know that a Harasser...

Apr 11, 2020
  95. Talthos posted a new thread.

Public Service Announcement: Bastion weak points can be locked onto by A2A missiles

I say again: BFC (Bastion Fleet Carrier) weak points can be locked onto with Tomcat/Photon A2A missiles. Also, the weak points have -125%...

Apr 11, 2020
  96. Talthos liked entity009's post in the thread [Suggestion] To all PS2 Players who don't modify your game.

You can program a mouse button to fire for say 300 nanoseconds, release for 100 nanoseconds and repeat. Getting the exact timing depends on...

Apr 11, 2020
  97. Talthos liked BrbImAFK's post in the thread Canceling Membership -COV19.

I'll agree that the OP is kind of a pointless, stupid post - but that's no reason to go attack the OPer. None of us know what position...

Apr 11, 2020
  98. Talthos liked That_One_Kane_Guy's post in the thread [Suggestion] To all PS2 Players who don't modify your game.

... That isn't how PlayClaw works. That isn't how RST works. That isn't how any of this works. RST reads the Planetside 2 API and tells...

Apr 11, 2020
  99. Talthos replied to the thread Optimization for this game is horrible.

The only other thing I can suggest, is checking your Nvidia control panel settings for this game. Shader caching in particular rarely plays...

Mar 31, 2020
  100. Talthos replied to the thread Optimization for this game is horrible.

I've noticed that this game has trouble with resolutions higher than 1920x1080 For that matter, the UI doesn't scale properly past that...

Mar 31, 2020
  101. Talthos has a new avatar.

Mar 28, 2020
  102. Talthos set their location as Saanich Peninsula, British Columbia, Canada..

Mar 28, 2020
  103. Talthos replied to the thread My Big Problem.

Whoops, I meant to say that Hellfires are the A2G weapons for the TR Mosquito. But I think you understood my meaning. Anyway, good luck,...

Mar 28, 2020
  104. Talthos liked RastaMoose's post in the thread Can't even report an aimbotter.

I tried to report them a couple minutes after it happened. Weird that it would be that fast. Good to know they're gone though.

Mar 28, 2020
  105. Talthos liked Pikachu's post in the thread [Suggestion] Bring back Dark nights bump.

This. Skyfile of Amerish before and after the revamp. [IMG]

Mar 28, 2020
  106. Talthos liked Johannes Kaiser's post in the thread [Suggestion] Bring back Dark nights bump.

They used to be a thing on Amerish before they revamped the continent as well. Made flashlights useful and with some camo you could be...

Mar 28, 2020
  107. Talthos liked Moai Jones's post in the thread [Suggestion] Bring back Dark nights bump.

Hi all, I don't often post but I remembered an old forum post ages ago from Dignity and thought I'd reeeeee-post it to put the idea out...

Mar 28, 2020
  108. Talthos replied to the thread Heyoka Tech Plant Shields.

Adding onto your post: I'm pretty sure every tech plant in the game is similarly bugged, in regards to their shields not going down when...

Mar 28, 2020
  109. Talthos replied to the thread Frame rate Hitching and Jitter.

I was the one who suggested disabling the shade cache, yes. A simplified explanation of what it's supposed to do 'on paper': The cache...

Mar 28, 2020
  110. Talthos replied to the thread My Big Problem.

Tomcat A2A missiles cannot be fired without a full lock onto a viable air target (enemy fighters, Valkyries, Liberators, Galaxies). It...

Mar 27, 2020
  111. Talthos replied to the thread T7 MINI-CHAINGUN bug.

Last I heard, that's a UI numbers bug on that particular menu; using the tracker via the Directives screen will correctly show the actual...

Mar 27, 2020
  112. Talthos posted a new thread.

Smoke particle colour/opacity still affected by viewing direction

More specifically, it seems to be affected by the in-game sun lighting effect (just tested this on Esamir): Smoke particles seen with...

Mar 27, 2020
  113. Talthos posted a new thread.

Rocket projectile bug

If a Heavy dumbfires a rocket, and then dies before the rocket hits something, the rocket will persist for several seconds at its 'impact...

Mar 27, 2020
  114. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread Base Capture/Defense times not displaying.

The times are only being displayed on the map, and not on the hud. This makes it really annoying since we have to go effectively zone out...

Mar 27, 2020
  115. Talthos replied to the thread Base Capture/Defense times not displaying.

The workaround is currently performed like so: Be close to any control point; doesn't matter if the base is contested or uncontested...

Mar 27, 2020
  116. Talthos liked Twitch760's post in the thread Spitfire turrets issues..

Also Robotics Technician seems to not be buffing the turrets and repairing them anymore.

Mar 27, 2020
  117. Talthos replied to the thread the darklight doesnt reveal infiltrators (low settings).

The Darklight has been half-bugged since the 2019 DX11 update last year; it won't highlight cloakers if you're standing too close to them....

Mar 27, 2020
  118. Talthos replied to the thread Hitching/stuttering on parts of Esamir.

Check your GPU control panel, and make sure 'shader cache' is disabled. I've heard that it can cause problems with Planetside 2 (likely due...

Mar 27, 2020
  119. Talthos replied to the thread Flying the Reaver.

For fast-learning the reverse maneuver (and none of the super-long 'training videos), I used this short video (the video is using a...

Mar 27, 2020
  120. Talthos replied to the thread [BUG] Expedition is still not working.

You forgot to place this in the actual 'Bug Report' section of the forum. (Yes, we actually have one of those now)

Mar 25, 2020
  121. Talthos liked RedBlack's post in the thread Infinite turrets for Engineers.

After the update, i am able to place as many turrets as i want. Bug or feature? [IMG]

Mar 25, 2020
  122. Talthos replied to the thread Does any one else think the game is full of bots?.

For what it's worth, on the Connery server, I make a point of giving actual answers to gameplay questions. Even if it's supposedly...

Mar 25, 2020
  123. Talthos replied to the thread Third world garbage.

Connery is the closest server to me, but since I'm connecting from western Canada, my connection is routed through a number of...

Mar 25, 2020
  124. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Possible resource rewards for successful base defense?.

The OP already covers this; I merely used the center base as an example. The idea is that defending a base rewards the resource tied to...

Mar 25, 2020
  125. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread Close Quarter Snipers out of control.

100 shield is a tiny penalty for arguably the best infantry class ability in the game: Cloak. Death Cam isn't a good thing for the...

Mar 25, 2020
  126. Talthos liked TRspy007's post in the thread [Suggestion] Increase Orbital Strike Material Cost.

The problem is that the system is too general. Resources should be adapted to the size of an outfit, and their effectiveness in the...

Mar 24, 2020
  127. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Increase Orbital Strike Material Cost.

Like how Battlefield: Bad Company 2 used a designator for mortar strikes? [media]

Mar 23, 2020
  128. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Possible resource rewards for successful base defense?.

Hence, the emphasis on 'present and participating'; like how alerts require minimum participation to even be 'eligible' for 'end of...

Mar 23, 2020
  129. Talthos replied to the thread [Suggestion] Possible resource rewards for successful base defense?.

Thanks. Hopefully, more folks can lend feedback here (I tried Reddit already; the thread got a handful of upvotes, and zero responses).

Mar 23, 2020
  130. Talthos posted a new thread.

[Suggestion] Possible resource rewards for successful base defense?

Perhaps successful defensive actions could reward a variable amount of the resource type tied to that base? Example: Successful defenses...

Mar 23, 2020
  131. Talthos liked FriendlyHuman's post in the thread Grey symbols of facilities from previous continent can appear on the map in certain cases.

Summary: This bug happens when you're on one continent, but map by default shows you another one. Reproduction steps - 1: 1) Be alive. 2)...

Mar 23, 2020
  132. Talthos replied to the thread Does upgrading the ammo box pay off?.

A useful feature not mentioned in the description for the final upgrade level for the ammo pack: When fully upgraded, you can have two ammo...

Mar 23, 2020
  133. Talthos liked Demigan's post in the thread Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!.

Oh come on, comparing the Harasser to a light tank is unfair. The Light tank dreams of being that tough and maneuverable.

Mar 22, 2020
  134. Talthos replied to the thread Spawning certain vehicles causes me and everyone around me to crash..

No problem. Also, it might be prudent to revise the bug report with what we just learned here: Attempting to spawn vehicles with the...

Mar 22, 2020
  135. Talthos liked TheManWithThePlan's post in the thread Spawning certain vehicles causes me and everyone around me to crash..

I can't believe it. I could have sworn that when testing that I stripped everything off of them and pulled them stock. Apparently I...

Mar 22, 2020
  136. Talthos replied to the thread Spawning certain vehicles causes me and everyone around me to crash..

Does your main use a cosmetic item that none of your other characters use? An exclusive camo, perhaps?

Mar 22, 2020
  137. Talthos liked FriendlyHuman's post in the thread Quick vehicle spawn is affected by 30s acquisition timer, but it's not mentioned anywhere on the map.

Summary: Acquisition timer - a cooldown between spawning two of the same vehicle. Reproduction steps: 1) Redeploy. 2) Spawn a vehicle...

Mar 22, 2020
  138. Talthos liked FriendlyHuman's post in the thread When your faction doesn't own Tech Plant, quick-vehicle spawn shows vehicles that you can't spawn.

Summary: This bug differs from faction to faction and when you have or don't have enough nanites. Tested on Esamir, but it's most probably...

Mar 22, 2020
  139. Talthos liked FriendlyHuman's post in the thread You can spawn a vehicle from the map only after 15 seconds after death.

Repeatability: Always. P.S. Also, quick vehicle spawn is affected by 30s acquisition timer (a cooldown between spawning two of the same...

Mar 22, 2020
  140. Talthos liked FriendlyHuman's post in the thread You can spawn a vehicle from the map only after 15 seconds after death.

Summary: Doesn't matter if spawn timer says 5 or 30 seconds. Warpgate is exception (works immediately). Reproduction steps: 1) Be killed...

Mar 22, 2020
  141. Talthos replied to the thread You can spawn a vehicle from the map only after 15 seconds after death.

Adding a detail onto this: If you redeploy manually (rather than being killed by enemy fire), you can spawn a vehicle from any eligible...

Mar 22, 2020
  142. Talthos replied to the thread Planetside 2 consistent CTD under very specific circumstance.

I've noticed that Planetside 2 tends to strain system stability more than a lot of other games, especially considering the state of its...

Mar 22, 2020
  143. Talthos posted a new thread.

Collision hitboxes lingering after 'spawned' objects are destroyed/despawned.

During 2+ hour play sessions, the collision hitboxes of spawned objects (construction objects and spawned anvils, usually) will...

Mar 19, 2020
  144. Talthos liked MANBURGERS's post in the thread Bastion Instagib.

Attempted to pull our first Bastion tonight, and after 8 minutes in the air with little real resistance, it goes from 100% to 0% and just...

Mar 19, 2020
  145. Talthos posted a new thread.

In-game sounds getting a forced 'ducking' effect

The following audio events force in-game sounds to get a 'ducking' effect applied to them (making them quieter): Faction announcer...

Mar 18, 2020