Glenndal's Recent Activity

1. Glenndal liked Blam320's post in the thread What this game needs is a way for low skillcapers to contribute meaningfully against highskillcapers.

I very strongly disagree with that sentiment; classes should represent different playstyles, not skill levels. Besides, the two...

May 9, 2020
  2. Glenndal replied to the thread What this game needs is a way for low skillcapers to contribute meaningfully against highskillcapers.

There's a lot of things in this game that make it tricky to learn, and that's part of why its so fun. Unlike a tf2 map that's completely...

May 9, 2020
  3. Glenndal replied to the thread How do we feel about 4th faction / NSO?.

I like NSO. Given there's not many differences between the main 3 as it is, its about the same as the other 3. I do think the "population...

May 8, 2020
  4. Glenndal liked Naqel's post in the thread How do we feel about 4th faction / NSO?.

NSO is completely misguided in it's implementation. A "neutral faction" only works as a F2P entry point for a B2P game (maybe Planetside...

May 8, 2020
  5. Glenndal liked Smallzz's post in the thread A "slight" problem regarding Air (yes, I know).

ESFs cost 350 nanites, Skyguards cost 350 nanites. I'd put my money any day on 10 skyguards vs 40 ESFs. Sounds like counters are working...

May 8, 2020
  6. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] There isn't enough Air Defense on the Bastion..

Ah, so I did check the wiki on this. The full page for the "Pincer" variant of the "Needler" used on TR interceptors does mention that...

May 8, 2020
  7. Glenndal replied to the thread Hossin is great.

Indar is generally my favorite continent, but the others perform their jobs quite well. Hossin's the infantry continent and does a fairly...

May 3, 2020
  8. Glenndal replied to the thread How to Take Out Armor/Air?.

So the first and foremost thing to remember here is that it cost you almost no resources to spawn as heavy, while their vehicle cost them...

May 2, 2020
  9. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] Lattice is not fun: we want something else.

I like the lattice as a way of stabilizing the strategy in this game. Without the lattice, it becomes more difficult to make strategic...

May 2, 2020
  10. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] There isn't enough Air Defense on the Bastion..

The only change I think I would currently make to improve the Bastion air defenses is to increase the projectile speed on the fighters. As...

May 2, 2020
  11. Glenndal replied to the thread Shortening Alerts.

Excellent. That's the info I was looking for. As I mentioned, fiddling with the cap timer is a potential way of making shorter alerts...

Apr 28, 2020
  12. Glenndal replied to the thread The war is over (about lore).

Yeah, one could write some fun wierd existential fiction about life on auraxis as experienced by players.

Apr 27, 2020
  13. Glenndal replied to the thread Shortening Alerts.

Those are definitely the worst case scenarios, and it COULD be that bad. I don't think it definitely would be though. The reason I...

Apr 27, 2020
  14. Glenndal replied to the thread Shortening Alerts.

I somewhat disagree with the first point. The timer determines how long you need to hold onto the point. By reducing the cap time you...

Apr 27, 2020
  15. Glenndal liked DooDart's post in the thread Planetmen raising money for charity!.

As I am sure you're all aware the world is dealing with something it's never had to before. Many, if not all of us are in lockdown or...

Apr 26, 2020
  16. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] Simple ideas to fix Air gameplay.

If someone is farming your team in an esf, they are probably quite good at flying. My experience learning to fly is that ground...

Apr 25, 2020
  17. Glenndal posted a new thread.

Shortening Alerts

What would happen if alerts were reduced from 1.5 hours to 45 minutes and bases capped 1/4 faster ( so if a base currently took 4 minutes...

Forum: PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion

Apr 25, 2020
  18. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] Buff base building, we need love.

Construction looks a little like a mechanic that has a lot of potential, but isn't getting priority for additional cleanup. Having never...

Apr 20, 2020
  19. Glenndal replied to the thread Medic Equipment Choices.

Ah thanks. Wasn't thinking about mobility too much since it feels like I'm at chokes a lot more, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind...

Apr 11, 2020
  20. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Bastions.

I don't agree with everything you say, but you make some fair points. If a decent-sized coordinated team of air can't take it down,...

Apr 9, 2020
  21. Glenndal posted a new thread.

Medic Equipment Choices

So it seems like the shield repair deployable is way better than the health regen field. Am I crazy there? i guess you don't need med kits...

Forum: Combat Medic

Apr 9, 2020
  22. Glenndal liked strove's post in the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Air and Ground.

Side note on the topic of making AA deterrence feel better, i feel like if assists or vehicle kills with flak weapons (skyguard, burster,...

Apr 9, 2020
  23. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Air and Ground.

Ah right, I actually don't pay attention to directives too much, but yeah 100% agree. They exist and if we stick to a repair meta for...

Apr 9, 2020
  24. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Bastions.

Ah, but that's not what bastions are, bastions have a 1 hour cooldown at minimum, it might actually be closer to 12 hours I'm not...

Apr 9, 2020
  25. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Air and Ground.

Air is complicated in that its KIND OF optional right now except that bastions exist. Libs are a higher crew MBT that's slightly more...

Apr 8, 2020
  26. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] The State of the Game : Bastions.

They're mostly fine in their current implementation as a slow moving strategic weapon, and if players deploy strategically they should be...

Apr 8, 2020
  27. Glenndal replied to the thread [Suggestion] 1-2 Week test of no lattice lines.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a silly event like this one day a month or something. Heh, while we're at it we could have "eclipse" days where...

Apr 8, 2020
  28. Glenndal replied to the thread Logged on, joined a fight, enemy bastion arrives. Log off..

I think Bastions are EXTREMELY cool. They add a lot to the flow of battle. If the bastion shows up, go somewhere else, or grab the rest of...

Apr 4, 2020