csvfr's Recent Activity

1. csvfr replied to the thread Hands down, Reaver is ridiculously OP.

The most relevant stat, Aircraft KPU, i.e. how many aircraft the average pilot kills on a given day, only support the conclusion that the...

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:00 PM
  2. csvfr replied to the thread Hands down, Reaver is ridiculously OP.

Sure, it is an advantage in a tiny niche and fraction of encounters. ESFs appear on the engagement radar at 200m so the Reaver will be...

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:49 AM
  3. csvfr replied to the thread Hands down, Reaver is ridiculously OP.

Claiming that the Reaver has large DPS advantages is misleading. For anything but a 1-clip which is only relevant for ambushes, reload...

Jan 23, 2022 at 12:08 PM
  4. csvfr posted a new thread.

[Video] "Falling" - Short, Suicidal Montage

[media]

Forum: PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:21 PM
  5. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped.

Wish I could downvote this but it is demonstrably false. EMP used to drain ability energy in addition to the personal shield. IIRC it...

Jan 17, 2022
  6. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped.

In addition to the EMP nerf and kill-cam, the infiltrator is the only class that got no interesting ASP skills. All other classes can equip...

Jan 17, 2022
  7. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped.

The only conclusion I get from this is that the playerbase is weaker and more fragile than before. Some years ago there was no postdeath...

Jan 17, 2022
  8. csvfr liked Scroffel5's post in the thread [Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped.

You can counter them by paying attention. If one guy in a squad gets killed by an Infiltrator, why would the rest of the squad do the...

Jan 17, 2022
  9. csvfr liked Spunk Mayo's post in the thread [Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped.

Are cloaked infils really giving people this much trouble? If you die to an infiltrator, 9/10 times you were out in the open standing...

Jan 17, 2022
  10. csvfr replied to the thread Tweak Instant Action.

Somw tweaks are coming on PTS now which means our voices are being heard This might be a good change, if players get the expectation...

Jan 13, 2022
  11. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

This might be extrapolated a little but here are a couple of your statements (out of context, reverse chronological order): This...

Dec 15, 2021
  12. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Base Capture, Disparity of Equivalent Force Factor (DEFF).

The main issue I see with the DEFF system is that it can be gamed. Coordinated Zergfits would be able galdrop 48-96 players on uncontested...

Dec 15, 2021
  13. csvfr liked Amador's post in the thread [Suggestion] Base Capture, Disparity of Equivalent Force Factor (DEFF).

Upon my recent return to Planetside 2, I've been reintroduced to a long-standing dilemma regarding base capture. Most particularly...

Dec 15, 2021
  14. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

Definitely the latter. He affirms a twisted concept of fairness in which any infantry class has a 50% chance of winning a duel against an...

Dec 15, 2021
  15. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

Essentially the way I see it when an A2G aircraft "flees" is that it removes itself from the domain in which G2A can kill it, and that is...

Dec 15, 2021
  16. csvfr replied to the thread Is there a way to have two actions bound to one key?.

I have Q bound to both spot and roll left when in an aircraft. Also have caps lock bound to spot such as to not roll an aircraft when only...

Dec 15, 2021
  17. csvfr replied to the thread 1 Last time for the players, to give Planetside 2 devs, marketing advice: Mega Thread.

When Oshur releases non-profit streamers might give the game a go. If the release goes bug free and the continent looks good the game might...

Dec 14, 2021
  18. csvfr liked AuricStarSand's post in the thread 1 Last time for the players, to give Planetside 2 devs, marketing advice: Mega Thread.

Fantasy MMORPG PVP'ers & FPS'ers of 2021 + and their games. That's who is going to give Planetiside 2 a try. PS2 already won, the trophy...

Dec 14, 2021
  19. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

L2P, target the aircraft when it's coming towards you not when it is already there. Then the aircraft is forced to abort its approach or...

Dec 14, 2021
  20. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

The A2G pilot will be looking to aid in the fight and kill enemies regardless of which weapon they have equipped. Besides a dual burster...

Dec 14, 2021
  21. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

Buffing G2A is also a bad direction. Infantry only renders to the ESF within 300m or so (variable depending on fight size), but they can...

Dec 13, 2021
  22. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g.

Buff coyote missiles and decrease the cert costs, this lowers the skill ceiling of air-to-air combat and enables more people to challenge...

Dec 13, 2021
  23. csvfr replied to the thread all mines are lame and should be taken out of the game.

One of the worst types of selfish noobs in this game are those who mine doorways or stairtops during a pointhold. 5 out of 6 times these...

Dec 9, 2021
  24. csvfr replied to the thread Top Veteran, furious over silo gameplay for the 100th time.

Exactly. The game does not owe you anything. Today I pulled a Bastion, had 10-15 noobs online in my outfit and only 2 joined to gun. Told...

Dec 8, 2021
  25. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Underbarrel Launchers Buff.

Sure, it would increase utility of underbarrel attachments but how would the reload function? Currently the underbarrel begins reloading...

Dec 8, 2021
  26. csvfr liked Demigan's post in the thread [Suggestion] Underbarrel Launchers Buff.

Nah they arent fine. They see use by a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase. Also you seem to misunderstand my idea. Imagine being...

Dec 8, 2021
  27. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Suppressors need to have downsides again.

What was the result? The min/max damage range terminology can be a bit confusing, and I don't see why it has never been changed to...

Dec 7, 2021
  28. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Suppressors need to have downsides again.

3.5 years ago there was a buff to supressors, making it a more viable attachment. Especially on weapons that only drop one damage tier...

Dec 7, 2021
  29. csvfr liked JibbaJabba's post in the thread [Suggestion] Suppressors need to have downsides again.

Wait, I'm confused. Doesn't the suppressor also make damage fall off earlier? I already find it barely tolerable as it is with the...

Dec 7, 2021
  30. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Suppressors need to have downsides again.

There is still a 20 meter reduction in minimal damage range? This is from the wiki: Only the hybrid supressor has no downside to damage,...

Dec 7, 2021
  31. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Underbarrel Launchers Buff.

MAXes have 2 weapons, can't say it would be an issue.

Dec 7, 2021
  32. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Underbarrel Launchers Buff.

UB attachments are fine as-is, even though a separate trigger would be more realistic on the shotgun. Since the underbarrel shotgun is a...

Dec 7, 2021
  33. csvfr replied to the thread Thoughts on campaign.

No wasn't kidding. I did the mission when there were no campers there, and a diplomatic gentleman's agreement was in place around the...

Dec 3, 2021
  34. csvfr posted a new thread.

Thoughts on campaign

So i've played all the campaigns chapters so far released, and I must say the last one was the worst so far. The first campaign chapter...

Dec 1, 2021
  35. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] There needs to be a major bug-fixing update.

I'm quite sure they knew Lodestar would spawn people underground as it is impossible to miss if trying it a couple of times. Instead it was...

Nov 30, 2021
  36. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] MAX Tactics and Other Tips.

NC maxes have been bad for several years now, and will invariably lose 1v1 against enemy MAXes that use skilled play such as going for...

Nov 29, 2021
  37. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Battlefield supremacy mission.

Come join the NC! This mission objective is a walk in the park with the phoenix launcher. Damaging aircraft* also counts btw, so the...

Nov 26, 2021
  38. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Making the explosions bigger..

I'm quite sure OP meant to increase the size of the special effect graphical explosion not it's lethal radius or impact on gameplay. Larger...

Nov 25, 2021
  39. csvfr replied to the thread It’s obvious Rogue P, your out of ideas.

Is it Pay2Win you are suggesting here? Armor with "small modifications"?

Nov 23, 2021
  40. csvfr liked blackboemmel's post in the thread Take a Break | Planetside 2 | Low-Fi Mix.

[media]

Nov 23, 2021
  41. csvfr liked Soul_Shinobi's post in the thread [Suggestion] Possible improvements.. ray tracing and audio.

There is an ambient occlusion toggle which does help. The lighting is by no means bad with everything turned up, but I understand the...

Nov 23, 2021
  42. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Lodestar and Deliverer.

Disagree, the game has enough vehicles. When quick spawning there are 9 tiny symbols to choose from: ESF, Valkyrie, Galaxy, Flash,...

Nov 18, 2021
  43. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] No fire zone at Distant Shores - Siren's Call minerals.

You get progress when nearby players harvest minerals too, even enemies. The way I completed that mission was as a stalker infiltrator...

Nov 18, 2021
  44. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Remove AoE Damage from ESF Noseguns.

Precision aiming an ESF is hard enough as-is, no reason to lock A2G farming to a select elite. The VS Light PPA is a plasma launcher,...

Nov 15, 2021
  45. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Integration of construction into the game. By changing the hexes. And improvements in construction..

Not true. I've seen giga-bases with multiple layers of walls and turrets etc hold off 48-96/96+ zergs at the trading post below quartz...

Nov 14, 2021
  46. csvfr liked brutes359's post in the thread Ukrainian flag decal !!.

yea...its almost like politics destroy everything they touch and have no place in video games or something....who would have thought? I...

Nov 12, 2021
  47. csvfr replied to the thread Ukrainian flag decal !!.

I lost my 15 year old dog some time ago ago to kidney failure. Had to be euthanized the vet said although she wagged her tail every day....

Nov 12, 2021
  48. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

This is a pretty good description of learning proactive resist shield activation. Player presses "F" when exposed or anticipating...

Nov 8, 2021
  49. csvfr replied to the thread What are the best graphics settings that I need to see cloaked infiltrators?!??!?!??.

On medium graphics a bubble around deployed stealth sunderers becomes visible. This is quite useful for sundee hunting as a direct line of...

Nov 8, 2021
  50. csvfr liked Scatterblak's post in the thread [Suggestion] Light Assaults must be stopped!!.

Actually, this is a bit of a troll post. LA's annoy the crap out of me - they fly straight up while shooting down, or they leap like the...

Nov 6, 2021
  51. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

If we follow your suggestion, removing cloak entirely or making it useless for fighting purposes, what is left? A class with - 10%...

Nov 5, 2021
  52. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

This is just another strawman, if you read the post it says: It is not a claim about you specifically, if anything a tip to introspect...

Nov 5, 2021
  53. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

When the sniper has fired he has revealed his position. The sniper has a rechamber time of 1.1 seconds. This is more than enough time to...

Nov 5, 2021
  54. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

This is simply not good enough. If you can't come up with an indisputable reason for why infiltrators are overpowered and takes away...

Nov 5, 2021
  55. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

In one post you say: In the next: beyond the claim that medics should play a more solo oriented role. I feel like when arguing with...

Nov 5, 2021
  56. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

I'm also leaning towards the opinion that having a grope with infils is a skill related issue. Considering the medic as a solo class...

Nov 5, 2021
  57. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

I'm saying the medic is a teamwork oriented class. Why on earth would you solo play as a medic? The revive ability is only useful with...

Nov 4, 2021
  58. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

Corners should be turned slowly to have line of sight to only one enemy at a time? This way avoiding to take damage from an additional...

Nov 4, 2021
  59. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

The point of the resist shield is to activate it before getting shot. It requires a proactive shield activation when used correctly and...

Nov 4, 2021
  60. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] PLAY TO EARN? PS2 CRYPTO?.

In 'Counter Strike: Source' spray tags - which can be compared to PS2 decals - could be freely imported by the player by selecting an...

Nov 4, 2021
  61. csvfr liked brutes359's post in the thread [Suggestion] PLAY TO EARN? PS2 CRYPTO?.

It also sounds like it produces artificial scarcity in a space in which recourse literally mean nothing. Imagine if every gun,...

Nov 4, 2021
  62. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

Since the nanonweave nerf the resist shield is a viable alternative for HA and what I personally use. It allows to tank one sniper round...

Nov 4, 2021
  63. csvfr replied to the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

Newer games have graphics and especially textures that look much better than PS2, but that's pretty much it. I feel like the AI is...

Nov 4, 2021
  64. csvfr liked OneShadowWarrior's post in the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

Once you go DX12, HD, Ray Tracing, Nvidia Reflex and DLSS, very hard to go back. A 9 year old engine, compared to BF3, Planetside was...

Nov 4, 2021
  65. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] PLAY TO EARN? PS2 CRYPTO?.

This is the video, the NFT presentation starts at 2:18 [media]

Nov 3, 2021
  66. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] PLAY TO EARN? PS2 CRYPTO?.

CS:GO actually has a marketplace for skins and such. So instead of buying a cosmetic from a shop like in PS2 which becomes bound to your...

Nov 3, 2021
  67. csvfr replied to the thread Ukrainian Flag.

It used to be in the depot before, but has been removed as of lately.

Nov 3, 2021
  68. csvfr replied to the thread ELGREKOF cheating.

I know him, really suspicious has killed me in the air from ~1km away multiple times. Once I was riding a Vanguard and suddenly got shot...

Nov 2, 2021
  69. csvfr posted a new thread.

[Suggestion] Rework "Join Combat"

With 40 minutes left of an alert the Terran Republic was warpgated by NC and VS. These two factions had large zergs at the TR warpgate, but...

Nov 1, 2021
  70. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

It is true that getting to a good sniping position in the first place requires some effort and knowledge of the game. Whether it be by...

Nov 1, 2021
  71. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

The first victim did not know about the threat. Due to firing from an unexpected angle and position outside their field of vision, even...

Oct 31, 2021
  72. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

Last time I was sniping a sunderer, I had maybe 4-5 kills before there where multiple countersnipers and at least one HA w/ battle rifle....

Oct 31, 2021
  73. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

This is true, if a sniper bugs you out equip an infil hunting loadout and clean out the nest. But as snipers really aren't that much of a...

Oct 31, 2021
  74. csvfr liked V00D00 5M1L3's post in the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

The idea with the 2 different "geiger-counters" is not bad, but it requires combined efforts of at least 2 players to pinpoint stalkers,...

Oct 31, 2021
  75. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

It can take some effort to arrive at good sniping positions. Whether it is a on a tree top on Hossin, a mountainside on Amerish, or a...

Oct 30, 2021
  76. csvfr replied to the thread Cloaking takes away the fun.

Snipers need a couple of seconds to scan for easy targets, i.e. those who stand still or those who run in a straight line. When taking the...

Oct 30, 2021
  77. csvfr replied to the thread More mission feedback.

As a non-member, there are only five missions available each day and a maximum of five may be selected. So no choice involved, it turns...

Oct 29, 2021
  78. csvfr replied to the thread You do realise PS2's 10th Bday is on BF2042 release.

I just don't get that transaction. DBG gets 120$ per year per member. By dividing that by 300 million, 2.5 million yearly memberships...

Oct 28, 2021
  79. csvfr liked JibbaJabba's post in the thread [Suggestion] Limit the zerg and bring on some tactics.

Grant the full base capture / defense reward to everyone within 750m of the base (1.5 grid squares) instead of being in the hex itself....

Oct 27, 2021
  80. csvfr replied to the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

The thing is that apparently there is a very easy workaround for the mouse acceleration. The trick is to simultaneously (or exclusively)...

Oct 25, 2021
  81. csvfr replied to the thread [Suggestion] Linux support.

Why should playing through a VM be permitted? Is there a legitimate reason for that? I'd reckon framerates would suffer substantially from...

Oct 25, 2021
  82. csvfr replied to the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

The link is for one of the four underside cannons, the others are almost identical and 4*3K~=12K. Around the time combined arms was...

Oct 23, 2021
  83. csvfr replied to the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

also a link to a bastion montage if you desire entertainment;...

Oct 23, 2021
  84. csvfr replied to the thread Rise and Fall of PS.

I've only played since 2017 yet was impressed by the game at that time. Not too large, still there were battles like taken straight out of...

Oct 23, 2021
  85. csvfr replied to the thread Daredevil.

In addition to rolling midair, the chassis also makes it possible to jump and land from any height. Think it needs to land on at least 2 of...

Oct 18, 2021
  86. csvfr posted a new thread.

[Suggestion] Pay with crypto

When reinstalling the game the first thing I saw was this heartbreaking story about Californias largest child hostpital asking for money to...

Oct 17, 2021
  87. csvfr liked conecall's post in the thread [Suggestion] Turn Koltyr into a proper 5th continent.

what rabid said. they should just enable vehicles, redesign the bases and place cortinum nodes to make it a fun place to fight

Oct 7, 2021
  88. csvfr replied to the thread Flail deaths need to communicate more.

Flail is countered by destroying the AI construction module closest to the Flail structure, or all off them in the rather rare case that...

Oct 7, 2021
  89. csvfr replied to the thread Thinking about coming back to the game.

Personally I'm on a 5-months+ break from the game. Considered coming back after a few weeks off but the servers were down for patching....

Oct 5, 2021
  90. csvfr liked MasterDk78's post in the thread STOP THIS KOLTYR BS.

Seriusly, can i drive around in my ant building stuff? NO Can i drive around killing punkins just relax? Logged in, and logged out. Thank...

Oct 5, 2021