[Suggestion] Incoming patch - No love for infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nehemia, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jester7x

vehicle hacking means you would have to leave your hiding spot
  2. Trinith

I would disagree there... perhaps I don't offer anything in the traditional infantry fight, but as a precursor to base capture I find I'm immensely effective. I get a lot of kills by getting into a base and hacking terminals, and taking out targets inside. Often I find I can draw enemies back to the base, away from the front line, allowing my team to be more effective at pushing forward. So yea, I've always felt like I'm contributing.

Giving it some thought, perhaps something that would be good for infiltrators would be an alternative hack kit. It would replace the current one and take 3-4 times longer to hack, but once in place the terminal would stay hacked for 15 minutes, at which point it would automatically revert to the control of whoever owns the base. The catch: During those 15 minutes, the terminal would be unhackable by anyone else.
  3. Flukeman62

no they meant when you kill a player when they have a high kd you get more points
  4. bluEyedillusions

See: this is the problem currently. Because of the current game's mechanics, people really think Infiltrators are just snipers.
    That bothers me so deeply.

I hope this post was facetious.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pachins

Getting lots of kills can be done yes. But what are you offering your squad while you are there? Anything you hack can be made useless in 15 secs. Every other class is more useful in your position doing the exact same thing.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pachins

How about they let us hack the capture point to allow for more then 6 people to take the base faster or increase the rate of taking the point. This gives a squad a reason to bring an infiltrator in every group.
    • Up x 1
  7. Trinith

I told you what I was offering my squad in my post. Additionally, because I can be invisible, I'm in a better position to ensure those hacks stick. Something I didn't outright mention (though it was implied) is that this interrupts the flow of vehicles heading towards my squad/platoon. As mentioned in that post, I'd like to see an option to make hacks last longer, but as it is can still be effective as an interruption tactic.

The only class that comes even close is a Light Assault, who are also experts at base infiltration. They're still effective at getting into bases and killing people; however, they can't do a whole lot about vehicles. I can C4 one, if they don't catch me, but my infiltrator can outright prevent them from spawning.

Infiltrators, when played right, can definitely fulfil a valuable role within a platoon/squad. For clarity, that role is not sitting on a hill somewhere sniping infantry.
  8. Highduke

Hacking vehicles is a big N-O do you know what that could do to Planetside 2?
  9. gunshooter

I'm laughing so hard that someone whos been telling everyone the class is fine just posted this.
  10. Jester7x

No the post wasnt facetious. I would say a large majority of infiltrators play the class exactly like a bushwookie. There's just too much benefit to that playstyle as opposed to rushing around and being a mobile infiltrator.
  11. bluEyedillusions

I didn't understand your intention in posting it. When I read it, I thought you were an uninformed player thinking that all infiltrators are is snipers.

After you explained yourself, I see that you understand infiltrators simply aren't rewarded enough by infiltrating, and agree completely.
  12. Pachins

I don't think a longer enforcement time on hacks is a good idea. There must be a counter to it and making an ability OP is not what we are looking for.

Lets not use the term invisible because your not. Any player with common sense will see a hacked terminal and begin looking for you. If it is more then one enemy you can pretty much guarantee your going down. Lets also mention that your squad is more likely to blow up terminals since they are worth more XP.

We both want infil to be a serious force in a squad but as is we are not.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ronin Oni

uhm, who do you think those SMGs are for exactly?

They're being made FOR the infil class.
  14. Jester7x

One problem with infiltrators is that once you're not cloaked you're pretty much screwed. The downside being that to infiltrate a base with a sniper rifle means that in cqc you're outgunned easily. Getting inside an enemy base and actually "infiltrating" is a big risk unless you go to remote continents with zero activity and hack turrets and consoles but that really isnt a "team" benefit if you are by yourself. The infiltrator class is more than being a sniper but from what i see its mostly people shooting each other across the map because frankly the infiltration side of the class is unrewarding.
    • Up x 2
  15. Jester7x

I think LA will be able to use them too.
  16. Ronin Oni

really?

This is the 3rd time I saw someone read that wrong

It's the other way around man. You get more points for killing a player who is on a killstreak, not for going on a killstreak yourself. That just makes you a more valuable target :D
  17. RBN

Indeed. Haven't noticed it really, good to know.

The same sounds were fine to me like in the beta. The sound wouldn't give you away.
    They basically use the same cloaking system so the same sounds make more sense, guess people complained.
  18. Ronin Oni

for what reason?

They have Carbines AND Shotguns

SMG is just a shorter range carbine, and trumped by shotty in CQB
  19. Jester7x

Will be a waste of a gun class then because most infiltrators just snipe.
  20. Pachins

Devs saw all the fixes wanted by the infil community and picked out the good ones. At the bottom of that list was give them SMGs. Devs were overruled by Executive Money Grubbing you know whats and now we get more weapons you can purchase. Case closed.
    MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY

Lets thank all the folks that forgot to press 2 and learn how to use their pistol. Guess I will just sit on mine and become a tripod.
    • Up x 1