[Suggestion] Make double XP every weekend, but continent-specific

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slink(FSU), Jan 9, 2013.

1. Slink(FSU)

On Mattherson, the action is always on Indar. Other continents get played but not nearly enough as Indar, and Amerish is usually dead most of the time.

I have idea on how to fix that:

1) Make double-XP weekends happen every weekend. However, it is not on every continent.
    2) For the week preceding the double-XP weekend, take the least played continent during that week and make that 2x XP.
    3) Since the continents can only hold so many people, take the second least played continent and make that 1.5x XP.
    4) The most played continent for the preceding week (probably Indar) receives no bonus and is at the usual 1x XP.

This method, tied with the XP adjustments coming out in the next patch, will get people off of Indar and onto other continents. What does everyone think?
    • Up x 49
  2. Smaisteri

Just came here to let you know that this is the 2nd best suggestion I've heard on this forum.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nehemia

Aye, this one is great suggestion. Usually at last on Ceres, all fights occur in Indar. This way we could get to play the other continents as well. Call them the "Hot spot maps"
  4. Crazy Airborne

5. Strange SMF

Stellar Idea!

Dev's implement this please.
  6. Grotpar

Interesting, but I think double xp might be a bit too much for a weekly event.

But I'd definitely like to see some kind of incentive to fight on other continents.
    On Miller Esamir sees plenty of combat, but Amerish is really just one faction deciding it's worth taking over, and nobody ever stops them.
  7. schrodingers_cat

i like this but say x1.5 for least played and x1.25 for second least and save x2 for special occasions
    (eg higbys mums birthday)
    • Up x 1
  8. Istrebljivach

This would be imba sweeet! Love the idea.
  9. amega

Man youre best!!!! +1
  10. MasterCheef

i'd rather they use dbl XP for dynamic objectives instead of making it an every weekend thing. Plus, i dont want to be pretty much "forced" to play on a continent on a given weekend.

Dbl Xp for 3 hours could be granted to the faction that holds X region for a certain amount of time or DBL XP for first faction to lock a neutral continent.. It has to have an ebb and flow in order to be special. I wouldnt even have it ALL the time. You still want people to play their way, and not chase XP.
    • Up x 1
  11. Slink(FSU)

Thanks guys! I'm dying to play on Amerish again and figured this would be a good idea. :)
  12. TheBaronofSD

i like this, a lot.
  13. Pockets

I'm not sure if even DXP would get me to go to Amerish.
  14. Syphix

They are not being forced to play on that continent. They can play other continents and get as much XP as they did previously doing so if they are that adament that they will not play on the "bonus" continent. I do understand the concern though and I would have hoped people would just want to play other continents. Honestly I am not really sure why everyone flocks to Indar. Lack of players on servers maybe?
  15. Rusky

Should work nicely. I really want to play on Esamir some more :(
  16. Jester7x

I agree. Im sick of farming the crown over and over. Amerish is just a really cool place but nothing happens there.
  17. Fear The Amish

18. TeamGreener

19. Xind

Good idea!

I would say start the preferred continent off a little lower. 1.75x
    Save the double for holidays and so forth.
    • Up x 1
  20. Aedelric

Great idea, I think this should be implemented right away.

Though perhaps not double, save that for special events, I say make it 50% extra experience.
    • Up x 1