Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. D0n

What will define the outcome is the rate of fire, TR has tons of it, if NC decides to range you, they will get decimated by your tanks, the only hope is to make it there and pop invul then kill the tanks, I have seen this 100 times on indar from fights pushing from camp waterson to the tower of Mao back when gals had spawn and people just spawned there to pop tanks and rush Mao.

This is tank zerg vs tank zerg, no other thing but engineers, back during the time AA was ridiculous and no ESF/lib could fly.
  2. Malsvir Vishe

This. I'm going to ask Maggie if they've honestly considered how many people are possibly willing to spend 500 or 1000SC on the ability to reallocate all of their certs. I would JUMP at that so freakin' quickly.
  3. Gary

I am really hoping this is not the 6 month plan we have been looking forward to D: Smedley says we can expect it soon(ish) then shortly after this appears on the forums D:
  4. Purg

Fair enough. I play on a 46" TV so those 3 pixels are a lot more noticeable.. ;)

Just concerned that based on render distance, MAX's will stand out like a sore thumb if other infantry aren't rendered until the ESF is much closer. Should have to pick out your targets among the rabble instead of them being handed to you on a platter.
  5. XRIST0

Was expecting alot more tbh , i dont understand why you made max aa more vulnerable than they are already are .

If anything the burster needed a slight increase in dps , but the devs must be liberator spammers .

I like the base changes , tunnels and xp for damage though .
  6. Kurai P

What about relocating the wrap gates look at the location of indar or amerish you can easily tell who has the advantage NC is disadvantaged on indar and esamir VS is a bit disadvantaged on amerish. especially on indar the TR gain massive advantage over the other two factions due to their wrapgate location and the north (mainly northeast) terrain. Also the vehicle balance is not so great either VS magrider<TR and CN tanks and lib weapons need a nerf.
    AND MAINLY CHANGE THE FONT u cant tell "0"s from cap letter "o" so players with O or 0 in game are unreportable
  7. Accuser

But burster MAXes will get exp even if their target doesn't die (I think) so there will be a LOT more people pulling MAXes when they're needed. I think it will add more skill to the game. Currently, if there are a bunch of MAXes, a Lib descends to shoot and dies when the 6 MAXes finally render. With this, the MAXes will have to fight at range, but they'll have non-rendering engineers to keep them up.
  8. Soloviev

Interesting stuff here.. really worried about the invul on spawn thing though. The amount of times I immediately move in a position to cut people coming from spawn as LA is ridiculous, here's hoping trying to solve the libby problem doesent limit the LA in its ability to go around front lines and cut off reinforcements. Before you say it, I have more kills with my knife than all the vehicles combined.

Also really worried about the reduction in XP for killing players that have ''been spawned recently'' - what does this mean? Does that mean I should, instead of killing that sniper in the building across the spawn, let him live to kill a few guys before executing him? Or is it only a 5-10 second thing for preventing vehicle spam? The concept of removing the reward for a kill before your target reaches a good position to earn some kills himself seems very weird and off, hopefully it doesent play like that.

Another thing I'm not so sure about is the support xp rebalacing. Some support roles needed help, engis and medics certainly didnt. I average a 4-5 K/D these days with 3-6 kills per minute provided a good battle(depending on lvl of zerg), and I can earn just a little under what I usually make running around with the zerglings dropping ammo/rezzes, a significantly easier task no matter what way you look at it. And I dont have an issue with that as it is, I just dont think it needs further buffs.

Apart from that, Im the most excited about the bug fixes tbh, love this game as it is :)
  9. nitram1000

I rarely get farmed, nor do I farm others so the whole killing XP thing doesn't really bother me. The biggest change for me is the population XP/Resource bonus being made continent based instead of global. Now we finally have a GREAT incentive to go to a continent that is being dominated, really looking forward to this, trying so hard to break out of the Warpgate but getting great XP while doing it.
    • Up x 2
  10. HerpTheDerp

Re: OP

That's all very nice, but why do we have to wait three weeks for it instead of getting it bit by bit every few days or even every week?

Surely if a feature is finished and tested it can be pushed out to the game and not wait for an arbitralily set release date?
    • Up x 1
  11. Puppy

1) Sundies and medic revives may be apart of this. So you don't instantly die because of popping out of a loading screen there or accepting a revive. But when they make an action (ex. shoot, knife, drop a mine) that shield would turn off. (Talked about this on a dev stream, everything is subject to change.)
  12. Spookydodger

Here is a MAX at approximately 300 meters. If you are having trouble seeing him, look for the red dorrito below the hit marker, right above all the yellow streaks coming out from it.
    [IMG]

Here is the same general vicinity, so the max would be at about 500-600 meters. The MAX isn't rendered of course, but imagine the max from the previous picture about about half the size. For reference, a vehicle is on the road.
    [IMG]

I don't think MAXs will have to worry much about being seen at long range by aircraft.

Now granted they will all be bigger on your 47' monitor, but at 800-600 range, we're still talking pretty darn small.
    • Up x 1
  13. warmachine1

But make players that suicide to carry their streak untill someone claim it, cause flyers got a lot of kills, but is hard to kill them before eject.
  14. Purg

Don't know how it shows up your end but my end that pic looks like a postage stamp - obviously difficult to see the MAX on a pic like that! I can't even read any of the name on the left in the squad let alone anything else.
  15. Spookydodger

I, of course, don't work for SOE.

However in most any company I have programmed for, you test a final "package" before you push it out to the public. This is a more intensive testing in a production environment. Pushing out changes piecemeal would be like trying to live in your house at the same time as you remodel your kitchen on the 1-8 of the month, the bedroom on the 2-15, the bathroom on the 5-8. You try to test an entire package of testing for the production environment in one piece so you only have to run unit tests and final approval once, rather than half a dozen to a dozen times. Also if something goes wrong a few days after going live, they don't have to wonder if it was the change 3 days ago that did it, or 5 days ago, or just recently.

At least, that's been my experience. This may not be how they operate internally.
    • Up x 1
  16. Arcanum

You guys should make it so ADS and lock-ons break invulnerability. IMO the way to go to stop people from farming sunderers is taking out score/kill gain from it, not making them invulnerable and risking adding an unknown number of exploitable things that players may have to be stuck with for a while.
  17. Vashyo

smaller variations from the gun we've been using
  18. BarxBaron

• Experience (XP) system enhancements:
      • Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
      • Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
      • Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
      • Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
      • Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks

What about XP for sunderer drivers and lib pilots when their turret operators get ASSISTS on nmes instead of killing them straight up?
    What happened to the idea of shared vehicle XP??? Why are we keeping the teamwork vehicles nerfed xp wise for their operators?

I guess you've not been listening....?
    • Up x 1
  19. Azzatai

Hmm, wouldn't it be better to change "more kills = higher XP" to "higher score = higher XP", in line with the new primary metric of player comparison?
    • Up x 1
  20. warmachine1

• W8, no rebindable mouse axis for ESFs?!?
      Many ppl are waiting just for that!!!
    • Up x 1